Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,343 members, 7,839,609 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students (1079 Views)

JAMB Addresses UTME Glitches, Pledges Rescheduling For Affected Students / JAMB Advises Affected Candidates To Print New Notification Slips / 'Why Amala Needs To Be Banned' - Coventry Student Makes Presentation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by cutefy: 6:34pm On Oct 11, 2022
I want to use this medium to call upon the FGN to compensate all students who have been affected by the ASUU strike.
We need to be compensated because many of us have been traumatized both financially and psychologically.

For instance, we have to renew our house rents.

More so, our expected year of graduation has been extended. This is really frustrating and unfair. Medical and Dental students are not even spared. They end up spending 8 to 10 years studying a six years program.

To this end, I am pleading with the FGN to find a way to compensate all students affected by the strike either through Federal Government Bursary or any other means.

7 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by Nobody: 6:35pm On Oct 11, 2022
Ok
Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by superCleanworks(m): 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2022
cutefy:
I want to use this medium to call upon the FGN to compensate all students

We need to be compensated...

Yes oh. I totally agree with this one. they need to compensate all of you guys.
let no student go back to class if FG does not compensate all students.
I trust buhari sha. grin una go turn to museum artifact by the time he put all of una on GHOST MODE

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by Onucs(m): 6:40pm On Oct 11, 2022
No room for peace, only vawulence grin

ASUU's is coming to an end. Now, it's time for the students

Oya, solidarity forever...we shall always fight for our right...

So help you God, cos e be like na una next of keen go come complete the degree cos BUHARI no go send una.
Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by XXII: 7:30pm On Oct 11, 2022
Lol.
Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by 4t4th(m): 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2022
cutefy:
I want to use this medium to call upon the FGN to compensate all students who have been affected by the ASUU strike.
We need to be compensated because many of us have been traumatized both financially and psychologically.

More so, our expected year of graduation has been extended. This is really frustrating and unfair. Medical and Dental students are not even spared. They end up spending 8 to 10 years studying a six years program.
To this end, I am pleading with the FGN to find a way to compensate all students affected by the strike either through Federal Government Bursary or any other means.

true

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by Aminu212: 8:05pm On Oct 11, 2022
I smell another strike from students embarassed
Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by IamDietiesGod: 8:55pm On Oct 11, 2022
I know it will come to this, I know FG will eventually pay them. The withholdment of those salaries is just a gimmick strategised by FG to persuade and to entice ASUU with what they will eventually offers them (That's politics played there). Not that FG even cares about you the students:

Please what's the usefulness of NANS?, I guess they are just dog that only bark for the highest bidder.

Students, I propose you tussle this out with the FG by staging a peaceful protest. Only you can fight for yourselves, other than that, you can only count your loss and move on.

The most ludicrous thing about this ASSU is that what they refused to accept some month ago are what they are settling for.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by EHustleTv: 12:58am On Oct 12, 2022
Free marks on all exams grin
No carryover

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by cutefy: 2:34pm On Oct 12, 2022
IamDietiesGod:

Please what's the usefulness of NANS?. I guess they are just dog that only bark for the highest bidder.

Students, I propose you tussle this out with the FG by staging a peaceful protest. Only you can fight for yourselves, other than that, you can only count your loss and move on.

The most ludicrous thing about this ASSU is that what they refused to accept some month ago are what they are settling for.

On a serious note, NANS is suppose to set the stage rolling in this demand for students' compensation. NANS should rise up and speak for us. They should make use of the power bestowed on them as the representatives of Nigerian students and do the needful.

And as for ASUU, they should be ready to forfeit certain percent of their salaries to add to what the FGN will give as compensation to students. This is the only way to appease the students for using us as hostages all through the strike.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by Siryemnen(m): 3:58pm On Oct 12, 2022
You said it right, we needs to be compensated for waste of time and all the setback.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by Thosyn12(m): 10:58pm On Oct 12, 2022
Why will FGN have to wait this long before conceded to ASUU demand?

If am right I heard that all issues have been settled except the issue of UTAS and IPSPSP, but why does it have to be this long?

Now we the student we are at the receiving end and the most affected of this strike.

Many students can't meet up with some graduate training again due age factor. Many students wouldn't be able to go to service again. Many are down with depression and might not be able to forge ahead.

Eight months(no work) salary to be fully paid for lecturers even after the increments of their salary but student nothing for us.

NANS should stand for students this time around but we all know them because they are there only because of their pockets.

If anything at all should be done at least 1-3years should be added to the stimulated service age to all current students and can be back to normal for the prospective student.
Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by Graceunlimitedd(m): 7:58am On Oct 13, 2022
cutefy:

most students died while fetching means of Income during the strike period.
your motion would have been feasibile if the students come together to press home their demands

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by Graceunlimitedd(m): 8:02am On Oct 13, 2022
superCleanworks:

Yes oh. I totally agree with this one. they need to compensate all of you guys.
let no student go back to class if FG does not compensate all students.
I trust buhari sha. grin una go turn to museum artifact by the time he put all of una on GHOST MODE
hahahaha you killed it grin
Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by psalmskiddy(m): 10:30am On Oct 13, 2022
School no hungry you go

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by seunlayi(m): 12:11pm On Oct 13, 2022
The fg should use ASUU salary to pay all students as they are resuming.

It won't be well with the government officials if they ended up paying ASUU their supposed salaries
Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by seunlayi(m): 12:14pm On Oct 13, 2022
Mod. Hello us to something about this thread to get to FP.

Richiez, olawalebabs, Fynestboi

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by cutefy: 8:59pm On Oct 13, 2022
seunlayi:
Mod. Hello us to something about this thread to get to FP.

Richiez, olawalebabs, Fynestboi

Seconded
Re: ASUU Strike: Fgn Needs To Compensate All Affected Students by cutefy: 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2022
Graceunlimitedd:
most students died while fetching means of Income during the strike period.
your motion would have been feasibile if the students come together to press home their demands

You are right and that's why this message is brought to you and every other affected student.
Let's spread the word till it gets to the relevant authorities.

(1) (Reply)

You May Be Able To Get Your Oau Transcript Faster Than You Think / Lasu Part Time Form Out Yet? / Oouites/osuites Alumni Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.