Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,647 members, 7,847,696 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 02:03 AM

Nigerians To Hold #endsars Memorial At Lekki Tollgate, Other Locations On Thursd - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians To Hold #endsars Memorial At Lekki Tollgate, Other Locations On Thursd (415 Views)

Eha Amufu Crisis: Ugwuanyi Visits Mgbuji, Forests Other Locations / Security Operatives Take Over Lekki Tollgate Ahead Of #EndSARS Memorial Protest / Enugu Police Urges Residents Not To Hold EndSARS Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians To Hold #endsars Memorial At Lekki Tollgate, Other Locations On Thursd by Speedition: 4:59am On Oct 20, 2022
The anniversary is to preserve the memory of the unarmed civilians who were murdered by state agents on October 20, 2020, at the Lekki Tollgate.

Nigerians will assemble at the Lekki Tollgate in Lagos State on Thursday to remember the second anniversary of the #EndSARS protests and Lekki Massacre.

Thousands of young people organised and marched through major cities throughout the country over two weeks of the #EndSARS in October 2020, calling for an end to decades of police brutality and other forms of injustice.

The anniversary is to preserve the memory of the unarmed civilians who were murdered by state agents on October 20, 2020, at the Lekki Tollgate when they were sitting on the ground and singing the national song and waving the national flag.

Public figures have revealed that the second memorial will take place largely at the Lekki Tollgate in Lagos and other towns throughout the country as citizens gather, despite the dwindling civic space for demonstrations under President Muhammadu Buhari.

Thespian and social justice activist Debo Adedayo, aka Mr. Macaroni, tweeted that he would be participating in the walk in memory of those who had been brutalised by police.

“Peaceful walk tomorrow in honour of all #EndSars and police brutality victims. We no go fit ever forget!!!!” he tweeted.

Rapper and songwriter Folarin Falana “Falz” also tweeted that he will be joining the walk to “honour fallen heroes from the #LekkiMassacre #EndSARS.”

According to information on the E-flyer shared by the duo, the memorial procession is organised to feature walking and driving through the tollgate accompanied by horn blaring, solidarity songs and chants from the participants.

While the event is slated to hold from the hours of 8am to 11am, citizens are encouraged to visit the venue at any time of the day to pay their respect to the fallen.

Source: saharareporters.com/2022/10/19/nigerians-hold-endsars-memorial-lekki-tollgate-other-locations-thursday

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Hold #endsars Memorial At Lekki Tollgate, Other Locations On Thursd by Moh247: 5:01am On Oct 20, 2022
I hope they bring out names and pictures of the deceased

Their families should also show up for compensation

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Hold #endsars Memorial At Lekki Tollgate, Other Locations On Thursd by Typicool8(m): 5:24am On Oct 20, 2022
Moh247:

Shut your mouth ode.. don't you have human feelings at all??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Hold #endsars Memorial At Lekki Tollgate, Other Locations On Thursd by Macphenson: 5:26am On Oct 20, 2022
good
Re: Nigerians To Hold #endsars Memorial At Lekki Tollgate, Other Locations On Thursd by Moh247: 5:27am On Oct 20, 2022
Typicool8:

Shut your mouth ode.. don't you have human feelings at all??

It is only a mad person that would find this simple sentence offensive... I mean a big idiot

Moh247:

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Hold #endsars Memorial At Lekki Tollgate, Other Locations On Thursd by KehindeDare(m): 6:05am On Oct 20, 2022
Moh247:

You obviously need help - Just pray!
Re: Nigerians To Hold #endsars Memorial At Lekki Tollgate, Other Locations On Thursd by Bontafa: 6:35am On Oct 20, 2022
Moh247:

Mohammed your papa don use you play Ludo since

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Hold #endsars Memorial At Lekki Tollgate, Other Locations On Thursd by robinso01(m): 6:38am On Oct 20, 2022
May the souls of those killed then rest in peace.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Hold #endsars Memorial At Lekki Tollgate, Other Locations On Thursd by Speedition: 7:29am On Oct 20, 2022
Where the hell are you from? Even Gen. Enenche who had denied it has come out to say he denied it because of his military oath. Here you are saying rubbish. I dey watch you. shocked shocked cool
Moh247:

Re: Nigerians To Hold #endsars Memorial At Lekki Tollgate, Other Locations On Thursd by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 7:30am On Oct 20, 2022
wow it's 2years already!!!! but why's it that nobody has come out as friends/relatives to lay claims of any of the said lekki massacre victims...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Is Now At The Mercy Of A Yoruba Muslim / Clergyman, Para-Mallam Distances Self From APC Campaign List / Obi should please visit Delta State over the floods

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.