Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT (12747 Views)

Cooking Gas Price Hits N1,200 Per Kg And Still Rising / Diesel Price Hits N950/Litre, Manufacturers Fear Shutdowns, Job Losses / Fuel Price Hits N680 Per Litre In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by iwaeda: 9:20am On Nov 12, 2022
Many fuel stations within the Abuja metropolis of the Federal Capital Territory have adjusted pump prices to between N180 and N285 per litre.

Our correspondent observed that queues had returned to many filling stations, especially within the central business district of the FCT.

While queues were noticed at NNPC filling stations, other stations were shut down.

The Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited, Mele Kyari, had said the company could no longer sell at N170 per litre, owing to the increase in landing prices.

At the outskirts of Karu, our correspondent observed that the NNPC filling station in the area had adjusted its meter to sell at N179 per litre. The same was noticed at Shema filling station at Kugbo, along the Abuja-Keffi expressway.

Also, the NNPC filling station at Wuse Zone 6, and NIPCO filling station close to the Capital Hub sold the product at N180 per litre.

The highest increase in the pump price was observed at Khalif Civic Oil and Investment Limited, within the Kubwa axis of the FCT, where petrol was sold at N285 per litre.

EFCC arrests 87 forex dealers in Abuja, Lagos
However, some motorists did not seem to mind the hike in prices, which some admitted was no different from buying on the black market.

One of them, Ekpuma Ozonwa, said although the price was as high, he had no choice as the product wasn’t readily available.

“To me the difference is outrageous, but when the availability of the (fuel at) NNPC is not forthcoming, what do you do? You make use of what you get at hand. Because I must move around, I must have fuel in my car to connect to my businesses here and there, and even for my generator to use for the services that are crucial to me. The responsibility lies on the government to make sure that fuel is available at all stations because that is the only way they can curb these black market (sales) and hike at fuel stations,” Ozonwa added.

Defending the hike in prices, a petrol station manager, Saleh Alfa, said since there was no current fixed price owing to the landing prices of fuel, it meant all stations in the FCT were currently selling at black market prices.

“If other stations are selling at N250, N180, or N285, it implies that all are selling at black market rates if you want to put it that way. Because for now, there is no uniform price in the downstream oil sector. There is no fuel; the NNPC admitted that there is no fuel, and independent marketers are getting the fuel from other sources. The price at which we get these products is not the government price or the NNPC price; it depends on where you get your products.

“So, that is what is responsible for the variance in prices. That’s why we in the business are asking the government to allow total deregulation. If there is total deregulation, then it will be determined by the market forces, and when there’s competition, the customers will have a choice on where to buy from.”

https://punchng.com/fuel-pump-price-hits-n285-in-fct/

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by McCoy662(m): 9:24am On Nov 12, 2022
Finally, fuel subsidy has been removed.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by JASONjnr(m): 9:27am On Nov 12, 2022
The problem is the cost of transportation....

Originally, moving from banex to Area1 used to be 50bucks way back and it loved to 100bucks....With the increase, it will likely go upto 200bucks.

The people will pay this high to go to work but salary will not be increased.

The said that after removal of subsidy, the funds will be shared to Nigerians......The money will be shared amongst their children.

This country...If we do not vote right....We will keep having issues with this type of leadership.

I hope that everyone who's still shouting Sai Baba are buying fuel at N80, while the 5% are buying it at N300 per litre.

105 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Houseofglam7(f): 9:53am On Nov 12, 2022
cry
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by saintopus(m): 10:01am On Nov 12, 2022
McCoy662:

It may not have been removed completely but I feel they are systematically removing it in stages.

At the same time watching the reaction of Nigerian.

If you watch the trend carefully fuel subsidy is a near gone.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by slivertongue: 10:02am On Nov 12, 2022
Well I have insisted FG allows the market to determine the price while the scam subsidy is scraped and channeled into productive sectors

16 Likes

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by iwaeda: 10:24am On Nov 12, 2022
saintopus:

It may not have been removed completely but I feel they are systematically removing it in stages.

At the same time watching the reaction of Nigerian.

If you watch the trend carefully fuel subsidy is a near gone.
Buhari lied when he took fuel from N87 to N147, claiming no more subsidy. Latter they came with under recovery lies. angry grin grin grin

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by iwaeda: 10:33am On Nov 12, 2022
slivertongue:
Well I have insisted FG allows the market to determine the price while the scam subsidy is scraped and channeled into productive sectors
As long as NNPC is the sole importer, nothing will change. grin grin grin grin grin

25 Likes

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Nobody: 10:35am On Nov 12, 2022
McCoy662:

If Apc increase it to 500 after 2023 elections, you'll still hear subsidy from them.

From 87naira to 250, what else do they want?

Atiku is coming

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by obonujoker(m): 10:37am On Nov 12, 2022
Did you show them your Emilokan APC ID card?

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Risingblue008(m): 10:39am On Nov 12, 2022
Like play like play, these things don dey turn to something else,

And they are still campaigning,
Companies are relocating,
U go make profit,u go use the profit pay nepa bills and fuel,
Omo,I guess we need a strong protest to close down all government activities,
Cos I no sure if we go fit bear this things before election oo.
angry angry angry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Tunasco4u(m): 10:40am On Nov 12, 2022
Ok
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by nihinlade(m): 10:40am On Nov 12, 2022
Rubbish
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by coconutbag: 10:40am On Nov 12, 2022
This is the NEXT level of change and after this level, DEATH level with the Agbado master. Hunger never catch many Nigerians wella.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:40am On Nov 12, 2022
I still got for 170 yesterday in Lagos
We are the major causes of most of our problems, not the government

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Pwettylinda(f): 10:40am On Nov 12, 2022
Thiefnubuu arrested in Chicago for drug peddling

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 12, 2022
Simple explanation...the cost of importing fuel has gotten to a point where subsidising it is a struggle. Add the bad roads, lack of investment in the railways, and the fact that subsides has forced the oil sector to run at a loss for decades...meaning there isn't enough money for pipelines systems...and you get the problem

My fellow Nigerians, it is time we listened to GEJ, NOI AND SLS from 2011...and removed subsidy. Yes, fuel will cost N492 at least, but yes, we would have enough profit to ensure continuous flow of fuel, and no more losses due to fraudulent subsidy payments, and also smuggling.

And enough profit to make domestic refining profitable...meaning Dangote is going to face competitors.

P.S

If you feel like losing your cool or temper with me for this comment...go ahead. I won't respond...but I will direct you to this.

Also, if you voted for Buhari in 2015 because he promised 40 naira fuel...you see why that was a bad idea. There is no such thing as cheap fuel folks. Subsidy must go.

PPS

See the image below...

See the figures for 2011...when fuel was N65 , and see why GEJ wanted subsidy gone? See 2016, after prices went up from N87 to N145...see what happened? (sarce)

PPS

The thing is, I am no longer going to answer any quotes about the subsidy regimen again.

All most people who quote me seem to be interested in is labelling me a Buhari supproter, or a supporter of oppressors, because I support fuel subsidy removal.

I mean, if you cannot see that government price controls are why we don't have refineries, or why we cannot build new refineries, except your name is dangote, and why we don't have more private investment in refineries...because selling at a loss is not conducive to subsides...then I cannot help you man, or woman.

No wonder people voted Buhari in 2015 when they heard N40 fuel.

Anyway, I choose relality. I know, high fuel prices cause inflation. But removing subsidy also means WE DO NOT SPEND GOVERNMENT MONEY AGAIN on thieves and the corrupt.

We have been doing this for nearly 50 years. It is not working. It is time it went.

Good afternoon.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Ngwamankillyou(m): 10:41am On Nov 12, 2022
Hit will get to 5000 and hit willi hend in tears for buhari and Tinubu supporters.
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by AliyuMahdi9: 10:41am On Nov 12, 2022
And some Agbado urchins and Mikano criminals will come here to support useless Candidates.

Can you Imagine.

And Tinubu wants to continue from where Buhari stop, is that not Madness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Kingpele(m): 10:41am On Nov 12, 2022
Wow ,buharia need to resign before he finish this country patapata and run back to his country niger Republic...we should stop voting into office of president men whose ancestry could be traced to other countries, remember the Cameroonian thief that want to be president next year...such men are not totally committed to Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by theophorus(m): 10:42am On Nov 12, 2022
Reality 101.

Continue to dey campaign for politicians ooo, very soon shit will heat the ceiling and you self go collect.

Moreover, if we don't look at our issues and approach them with the right perspective and intervention, we may have a more critical situation.

God Deliver Nigeria.
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by jimi4us: 10:42am On Nov 12, 2022
we are all fcked

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Brendaniel: 10:42am On Nov 12, 2022
Thanks to Tinubu that brought Buhari
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by mmadu5(m): 10:43am On Nov 12, 2022
this is even cheap .. in Ghana a 1 liter of petrol is 17.99 cedis . this is more than 5 hundred naira

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Virginprincesss(f): 10:43am On Nov 12, 2022
Use me as a dislike button angry
Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by FreeWebMoney: 10:43am On Nov 12, 2022
May our leader find strength to do what's right....

Re: Fuel Pump Price Hits N285 In FCT by Tochi3(m): 10:43am On Nov 12, 2022
Thief'nubu will continue from where poo'hari stopped...

Affliction shall never arise again.....

APCshit is dead and buried Insha Allah

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

George Moghalu: President Buhari Receives Briefing From MD/CEO Nigeria Inland / Navy Set Up Operations Base To Protect N19 Trillion Investment In Lagos / Mysterious Links Between Igbo And Japanese Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.