Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns (24514 Views)

"We May Be Forced To Defend Ourselves If The Attacks Don't Stop" —LP Warns / 2023: LP Will Get At Least 15 Votes In Every Polling Unit, Says Pat Utomi / Obaseki: Rigging Edo Election May Trigger Tragic Reactions Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by bennybuhari: 4:41pm On Dec 08, 2022
The Labour Party on Thursday said the recent statement by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, presidential candidate of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) on grabbing power in 2023 may lead to widespread violence.

Chief Spokesperson of the Labour Party, LP, presidential campaign council, Yunusa Tanko in a statement cautioned that Tinubu's speech in a London restaurant is capable of propelling massive violence in 2023 general elections.

It said that the APC presidential made the assertion in a London restaurant while addressing his supporters in the diaspora and the video is in the public domain.

Tanko who made this disclosure in an interview with journalists in Abuja after carefully examining Tinubu's speech where he declared that political power should be "grabbed and you run away with it.

The LP Chief Spokesman said"this coming from a presidential candidate is too unpresidential gentlemen of the press, how can a man who wants to govern over 200million Nigerians use such words,Tanko wondered.

"I don't think it's appropriate to go to a civilised clime and start talking about power grabbing in a UK restaurant for that matter and I very much doubt whether the APC presidential candidate has even bothered to sign the peace accord for 2003 polls.

"If he has done it, then his vituperations on grabbing power come what may is uncalled for because this is capable of making his supporters have that mindset on using violence to deliver votes.

"Elections must be conducted in violence free environment and Tinubu saying things like this is really unpalatable barely three months to the presidential election.

"It's saddening to hear one of us the most experienced politicians in Nigeria talking in this manner and people were clapping and hailing him.

https://independent.ng/2023-tinubus-speech-on-grabbing-political-power-may-trigger-massive-violence-labour-party-warns/

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by SpatialKing(m): 4:42pm On Dec 08, 2022
LP now the only opposition party

333 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by fuckJones(f): 4:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
But deep down we all know our next President. Deep down everyone knows including the online mop that BAT is the next president.
even Atiku and obi know the next president
they are still in denial stage.

86 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by Lionstep: 4:44pm On Dec 08, 2022
Ok....if they can break different car windscreen while campaigning at lagos- Ibadan express way.... just campaign oOoOO then people should mind there movement that day and the federal government should do well to put up enough security too....my two coins tho

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by Majesty2(m): 4:50pm On Dec 08, 2022
All i know is that Tinubu is the next president of this country

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by Uptoyou(f): 5:03pm On Dec 08, 2022
Meaning of fighting dirty.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by Mrfixiit: 5:04pm On Dec 08, 2022
Tinubu and his urchins will be taught a bitter lesson come next February

278 Likes 29 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by sammysmiles(m): 6:13pm On Dec 08, 2022
Greedy Men who are hungry for power but not hungry for the liberation of the people...

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by FactBoyz: 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2022
Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by Godfullsam(m): 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2022
I hate liars, thieves and hypocrites with passion.

LP, APC & PDP represents liars, thieves and hypocrites respectively.

Vote wisely

Vote SDP

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by Ofunaofu: 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2022
The Emilokan drug lord have realise that Nigerians have rejected him and his demonic Muslim Muslim ticket

He has now resorted to violence,

To him, it is now a do or die affair

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by sammysmiles(m): 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2022
fuckJones:
But deep down we all know our next President. Deep down everyone knows including the online mop that BAT is the next president.
even Atiku and obi know the next president
Deep down where? Who are the we?

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by iwaeda: 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2022

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by WibusJaga: 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2022

No be today.
All of Tinubu's statements from "Emilokan" to "I Will Fight Dirty" are all anti-democratic & characteristic of someone who doesn't believe in electoral process & who would not hesitate to snatch ballot boxes & kill for power. grin

16 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2022
God bless JAGABAN
LegendHero:
Jagaban Borgu.

The most confident politician I’ve ever known.
TheChameleon:
The next President of Federal Republic of Nigeria

Bola Ahmed Tinubu
Gbamsolutely!!
No be by mouth.
No be seresere wink wink

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by Peace1998: 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2022
Violence and thuggery is the only language agbado and his urchins understand.

16 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by berrystunn(m): 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2022
Atiku and Tinubu are desperados

The heart Attack is loading.....

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by Eriggs: 6:14pm On Dec 08, 2022
This shameless party that Kola Abiola will even have more votes than obituary,
They should simply shut up and lick their wounds.
Obituary and Tinubu in the same sentence is an insult for real.
What is the basis for comparison to start with.
Obi, abeg continue to shine shoe grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by fredoooooo: 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2022
Won bi Iyalaya yin da, una go Labour in vain grin

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by traihit: 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2022
fuckJones:
But deep down we all know our next President. Deep down everyone knows including the online mop that BAT is NOT the next president.
even Atiku and Tinubu know the next president

I've corrected it for you since you didn't take your lunch when writing it.

15 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by Corrinthians(m): 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2022
Stupid party. Have they condemned the violence ravaging Enugu yet?

Obi is a thief and an idiot.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by loosecanon50(m): 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2022
What do you expect from someone who said in London:
“I am ready to debate with you from morning till night… and I’m speaking in London, not in Jigawa” ……in other words, we Nigerians don’t matter. You didn’t debate in Nigeria where you want to be president, na London you go.

This coming election will put to rest all these nonsense that has been happening in this country. Violence or no violence, Peter Obi will wipe the floor with Tinubu. Bookmark this post.

10 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by dabiko(m): 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2022
Politicians and their surrogates needs to tone down the rhetorics. There will be life after the 2023 elections. Everyone should campaign for their candidate in a civil tone and not with abusive and aggressive language capable of over hitting the polity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by FOOTSOLDIER1: 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2022
I am an Hausa Fulani boy from Sokoto State. There have been serious wind of change blowing across the north, especially my village here in Gidan Kaya. I am not so sure but I think we won't be so united in choosing a particular presidential candidate to vote for in 2023 but I see a lot of people spreading the Peter Obi message everywhere and I am also going to be Obidient

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by Patriotsleague: 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2022
LP always threatening violence, foolish ipob party. Anyone that wants to die will die Nigeria continue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by Itohanmiwa: 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2022
Tah shun it there. Infact die it. Do you know who Tinubu is? JAGABAN.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Speech On Grabbing Power May Trigger Massive Violence In 2023, LP Warns by Akfrenzy(m): 6:15pm On Dec 08, 2022
grin All Tilumbu knows is violence

Rigging

Ballot snatching

That's why he's started from inception threatening APC members of fighting Dirty , later on he started complaining about Bivas and other stuffs that'll bring in Free and fare election

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Zaynab Ikaz-Kassim & Aisha Alubankudi Organized The US Protest — Segalink / Rivers Government Drags FG To Supreme Court Over VAT / Buhari Rejects Call For Tenure Extension, Vows To Step Down Next Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.