Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,084 members, 7,842,106 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Wike: Political Differences Won’t Affect My Friendship With Udom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: Political Differences Won’t Affect My Friendship With Udom (648 Views)

Obaseki Meets With Udom Emmanuel In Uyo / Ikot Ekpene Youths File Out For Rally With Udom Emmanuel / Bukola Saraki Meets With Udom Emmanuel In Akwa Ibom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: Political Differences Won’t Affect My Friendship With Udom by chokekachy: 3:42pm On Dec 31, 2022
Rivers State governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike has disclosed that his relationship with Governor Udom Emmanuel of Akwa-Ibom State has not diminished irrespective of their political difference.

He stressed that ideally politics should never be allowed to create unwarranted friction between brothers.

Governor Wike stated these after a private meeting with governors Samuel Ortom of Benue State and Udom Emmanuel of Akwa-Ibom State at his private residence in Rumueprikom, Obio-Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State on Saturday.

Governor Udom, who is chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential campaign council, paid Governor Wike a private visit at his residence on Saturday.

The Rivers State governor, who described the meeting as convivial, said it was completely devoid of politics.

“Politics is not what will divide brothers and divide friends. Everybody knows my relationship with Udom, and we will continue to maintain that relationship. We may have different political affiliations or thinking, but that should not divide the brotherly love or create a gap among us.”

To corroborate this, governor Udom explained that his visit was not political, but a demonstration of brotherly love in the spirit of the yuletide season.

“Actually, this is the season of love. Within this period if we don’t demonstrate that love, love not shown is love wasted. I think that is what we are trying to demonstrate, brotherly love and friendship. And then in the spirit of the season, we must visit one another.”

Similarly, the Benue State governor, Samuel Ortom explained that part of their discussion also centred on how they can best add value to governance in Nigeria.

“We are going into 2023 and we shared among ourselves how can we best add value to our government, how can we best add value to our people, how can we do things that will help add value to our country Nigeria.

“And that if there are any issues in the past which we have done wrong, we looked at it and said look let’s forgive one another and move forward. They are private issues.”

https://independent.ng/political-differences-wont-affect-my-friendship-with-udom-wike/?utm_source=&utm_medium=%5Btwitter%5D

Nlfpmod Mynd44
Re: Wike: Political Differences Won’t Affect My Friendship With Udom by tijani0: 3:56pm On Dec 31, 2022
Wike has been very vocal after the PDP primaries
Re: Wike: Political Differences Won’t Affect My Friendship With Udom by Righthussle: 4:03pm On Dec 31, 2022
Yes . Udom is a man of integrity. A true son of the south. It is Udom that will put the salt in the food karma is cooking for Atiku in Feb 2023.
Re: Wike: Political Differences Won’t Affect My Friendship With Udom by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 4:21pm On Dec 31, 2022
Righthussle:
Yes . Udom is a man of integrity. A true son of the south. It is Udom that will put the salt in the food karma is cooking for Atiku in Feb 2023.

What do you mean @ bolded ? grin grin grin

You mean Udom is a mole planted by the G5
Re: Wike: Political Differences Won’t Affect My Friendship With Udom by Righthussle: 4:50pm On Dec 31, 2022
MyVILLAGEpeople:

What do you mean @ bolded ? grin grin grin

You mean Udom is a mole planted by the G5
No loud am.

2 Likes

Re: Wike: Political Differences Won’t Affect My Friendship With Udom by otipoju(m): 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2022
Righthussle:
No loud am.

This one deep gaan.
Re: Wike: Political Differences Won’t Affect My Friendship With Udom by 3pointsagree: 5:13pm On Dec 31, 2022
otipoju:

This one deep gaan.
Cast your mind back 2015 former governor of bauchi state was appointed by then president good luck as pdp chairman his slogans was game changer and you see the out come
Re: Wike: Political Differences Won’t Affect My Friendship With Udom by 3pointsagree: 5:14pm On Dec 31, 2022
Politics is not for children it's for deep minds with understanding

(1) (Reply)

Kano Turn Up For Atiku,( Video) / Update: Housemaid Of Assassinated Ex-cbn Staff Survives / Peter Obi Already Creating Jobs For Youths As His Book Hits Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.