Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,512 members, 7,847,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:21 AM

11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja (28933 Views)

Man Who Survived 4 Accidents In 1 Year Celebrates Birthday (Graphic Photos) / Two Killed In Multiple Accident Along Ikorodu Road (Photos) / 11 People Crushed To Death In Fatal Accident Caused By Customs Officials. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by nlfpmod: 7:34pm On Jan 15, 2023
About eleven people lost their lives in multiple auto crash that happened on Sunday at NICON Junction on the Nnamdi Azikiwe Express Road, Abuja.

https://twitter.com/eonsintelligenc/status/1614685892928495621?t=sTYuN7kvS_vMTahU9iHzlw&s=08

Multiple Road Accidents Claim 11 Lives in Abuja

Eleven persons lost their lives on the spot on Sunday in a multiple road accident that happened at NICON Junction on the Nnamdi Azikiwe Express Road, Abuja.

Three salon cars — Toyota Camry, Toyota Corolla and a Mazda — were involved in the accident that occurred in the afternoon.

Eye witnesses attributed the accident to reckless driving by one of the drivers.

THISDAY gathered that all the occupants of the vehicles and some bystanders died as a result of the accident.

Large crowd of sympathizers rushed to the scene, while charred human parts and wrecked vehicle parts littered the spot.

Rescue operators from the Federal Road Safety Commissiom (FRSC) were also mobilized to the scene.

They were seen conveying the dead to the mortuary, as well as taking the injured to the hospital.

I counted eight people on the floor when I came around but I’m sure that about two or three were dead on the spot immediately I got here.

“People were just picking people’s legs and parts of the body. I have never seen such. From what I heard, those guys were high; the guys in that Toyota Corolla were high
” an eye witness said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2023/01/15/multiple-road-accidents-claim-11-lives-in-abuja/amp/

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by Shalommy(f): 7:37pm On Jan 15, 2023
Op, we don't need badnews this year.undecided Chaii

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by Realmi: 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2023
: ..it is too early ooo

1 Like

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by PeterObi4LP: 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2023
My condolences to the family. RIP

3 Likes

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by Ennoloa: 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2023
Damn

May their soul rest in peace

Just to let you know btw you need to Vote a balanced ticket

Nowhere in the world would Muslim-Muslim condemn the killings of Christians

Balanced ticket: NNPP, LP, PDP, AAC etc

Vote wisely

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by Donchieli: 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2023
Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by DLivingAncestor: 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2023
Damn!!!!

We just enter new year naaa, why all this

1 Like

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by ournewjobs: 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2023
Terrible Sunday.
Condolences to the bereaved Family.

1 Like

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by Guyman01: 7:40pm On Jan 15, 2023
Theres so much reckless driving in Abuja due to the wide smooth roads.

Pedestrians crossing the road at that Nicon junction causes so much accidents at the junction because its sloppy and the road is very smooth and drivers descend at very high speeds. In the process of dodging and avoiding knocking down a stupid Pedestrian a driver could run into other vehicles.

There's a Pedestrian bridge close to that junction which many people refuse to use and will rather take the risk of crossing the 12 Lanes road because of regular cases of criminals robbing people atop the bridge and which the FCT Police command have not done much to checkmate, most of these criminals are known to be from a particular region of the country and they use daggers to stab Pedestrians for their phones and belongings.

The Govt put barricades at the middle of the expressway to prevent Pedestrian crossing but people and touts who load commercial vehicles parking indiscriminately tore them down to create access.

There have been too accidents at that junction leading to so many loss of lives and I hope the FCT minister will act this time by putting a new stronger barricade as they aredoingst Area 3 junction, stop indiscriminate parking by taxi drivers on the expressway and deal with the criminals that operate on the Pedestrian bridges and make the roads safer.

May God comfort every family affected by this ugly incident cry cry

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by Lionmachala(m): 7:41pm On Jan 15, 2023
What a sad day for the family... cry
Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by jericco1(m): 7:41pm On Jan 15, 2023
Nawa
Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by tuoyoojo(m): 7:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
The smooth wide roads in abuja is very tempting esp if you have a car that encourages speed
But is important that one exercises caution and restraint when driving esp on Sundays when th3 traffic is light

My condolences to the families of the deceased

5 Likes

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by olatunji0607: 7:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
RIP
Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by Olamicwoto: 7:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
God have mercy
Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by Gten(m): 7:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
This is so sad. Nicon junction is usually so busy and some persons prefer running across the road as opposed to using the pedestrian bridge.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by Sodiq3(m): 7:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
sqlPAIN:
Very Good....At least, God has put them out of the missery of living in Nigeria. I wish I could trade places with one of them.

You can stand on a train track and wait for an upcoming one.

15 Likes

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by adeola1097: 7:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
Don’t drink and drive! There’s been an advocacy for this since time immemorial but some people just decide to ignore their sense of reasoning and risk their lives and the lives of others.
I really pray there’s less casualties cause January hasn’t even gotten to anywhere.
Rest in peace to the departed souls too cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by Frosheer(m): 7:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
People dying from road accident like it's normal.. God have mercy o
Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by oyinmykel: 7:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
RIP to the dead

Sadly, drivers in Abuja drives recklessly.

VIO, Police, FRSC all check the same thing in vehicles but none arrest’s over speeding. There should be forced speed-limit on Nigerian roads

2 Likes

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by kawkab: 7:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
One of the major challenges of driving around Abuja is the recklessness of drivers. Recently this recklessness has increased with the influx of a set of young men with braids on their head; they drive like they have an appointment with death or are immune from death and injury in the case of accident.

Generally in Nigeria our driven pattern, road behaviour and understanding of road traffic rules is terrible.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by Flamzey00(m): 7:43pm On Jan 15, 2023
Ok
Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by Rapture4real(m): 7:45pm On Jan 15, 2023
sqlPAIN:
Very Good....At least, God has put them out of the missery of living in Nigeria. I wish I could trade places with one of them.

You better cancel this before it comes to pass on you.

I won't die prematurely and my wife and children won't die prematurely no matter the situation of the country in Jesus name.amen

2 Likes

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by sqlPAIN: 7:46pm On Jan 15, 2023
Rapture4real:

You better cancel this before it comes to pass on you.

I won't die prematurely and my wife and children won't die prematurely no matter the situation of the country in Jesus name.amen
sorry, not everybody is scared of death

7 Likes

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by Sucre6: 7:46pm On Jan 15, 2023
NICON junction, again I lost a colleague at that junction two years ago, aiya, RIP to the dead, very untimely death at that, embarassed cry

3 Likes

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by Godfullsam(m): 7:46pm On Jan 15, 2023
That express is something else.. May God always protect us.

The way cars always speed on the express is unbelievable!

You will think it is formula 1 competition. That is why accident is always fatal in that place.

1 Like

Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by IPG25(m): 7:48pm On Jan 15, 2023
So sad
RIP to the desease
Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 15, 2023
God have mercy upon us
Re: 11 People Die In Multiple Road Accidents In Abuja by LostMyZeal(m): 7:52pm On Jan 15, 2023
sqlPAIN:

Stop joking; careful what you wish for

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please Nigerians Living In Turkey I Need Your Help / Accident On Oshodi-Apapa Expressway Kills Driver, Another In Coma (Photos) / Snows: Abroad-Based Nigerian YouTuber Faces A Hard Day (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.