Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) (32077 Views)

Pat Utomi Condemns Conduct Of Labour Party Lawmakers / Why Do Obi Supporters Tag Supporters Of Other Candidates Fake? / How Buhari, Atiku, INEC Spent Billions At Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by Naijalarry: 5:16pm On Mar 02, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWrwGNRjQ3g

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Mr Peter Obi, has faulted the conduct of the 2023 general elections, citing irregularities in the just concluded exercise.

Obi, 61, lost to Bola Tinubu of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) by almost two votes after the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared the result on Wednesday.

While Obi finished in third place polling 6,101,533, Tinubu raked in 8,794,726 to emerge the winner of the keenly contested poll.

Addressing a press conference on Thursday in Abuja, Obi said: “Is this what we spent billions to do? We should have used that billions to do something else and announce what we announced.”

The former Anambra Governor insisted that he on the February 25th presidential election and will explore all legal means to retrieve the mandate.

According to the LP presidential candidate, last Saturday’s poll did not meet the minimum standard of a free and fair election.

Speaking further, he appealed to his supporters to be calm, saying their support will not be in vain.

Obi explained that he and his team are committed to building a better Nigeria, expressing hope that the judiciary will help him reclaim his stolen mandate.

He described the outcome of the presidential poll as unfair, vowing to challenge the result in court.

“We will explore all legal and peaceful options to reclaim our mandate. We won the election and we will prove it to Nigerians.

“I am challenging the process,”
Obi declared to a room full of journalists in Nigeria’s capital city, his first media appearance after the declaration of a winner by the electoral umpire.

“This is very unfair. It is the least expected of Nigeria,” he added.

Just at the commencement of the briefing, Obi observed a one-minute silence for all injured and deceased victims of the February 25 poll.

Also in attendance at the briefing is the party’s National Chairman, Julius Abure; as well as the director general of Obi’s presidential campaign, Akin Osuntokun.

He also said he and his running mate, Datti Baba-Ahmed remain committed to a new Nigeria.

Source- https://www.channelstv.com/2023/03/02/is-this-what-we-spent-billions-to-do-obi-condemns-conduct-of-election/

138 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by Massiveglory: 5:19pm On Mar 02, 2023
It is really a mess.

Just look at Nigerians in their massive numbers glued to the television and internet watching ordinary speech by PODATTI.

Compare with the grave yard silence all over the nation with the announcement of the fraudulent mandate of tilumbu.

Relax Nigerians. Our joy will be restored. There is no doubt about.
Nigeria is the only country we have . The true and authentic mandate of the people must be returned.

Tinubu will not be President of Nigeria. He did not win the presidential election

360 Likes 31 Shares

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by yarimo(m): 5:21pm On Mar 02, 2023
OBI that was caught trying to run away from Nigeria this morning

41 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by Moh247: 5:22pm On Mar 02, 2023
cool

Obi had always been anti Nigeria In all his stance., Nothing Nigerian pleases him except Chinese, Singapore and Malaysia

A guy who got NPA appointment from Abacha when each and every Nigerian where fighting Abacha for democracy

78 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by AdaojoTheUrchin: 5:26pm On Mar 02, 2023
All Justices of the courts are now on the people's radar.

The court proceedings will be kept in the front burner of national and international news. Let us see if the judges will start looking for the usual 'technicalities' to deny Nigerians their mandate, after the greatest televised electoral heist in Africa with mountains of evidence all over the place.

The integrity, independence and strength of the Courts will be tested thoroughly.

153 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by Felabrity: 5:28pm On Mar 02, 2023
INEC chairman just waste 300 billion, he will go to jail

Na rubber of buckets he take collate ballot papers

197 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by DMerciful(m): 5:28pm On Mar 02, 2023
I don't know why urchins are extolling this appalling election that has been adjudged the worst election in Nigeria's history considering the resources that went into it.

112 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by Goodconcept78: 5:28pm On Mar 02, 2023
This man that could not bring a single development through out his 8 years as Governor of Anambra.

Bad loser

36 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by Omoawoke: 5:28pm On Mar 02, 2023
angry

Lagosians,

I have never seen a forum as partial as this and we won’t keep quiet.
We dey on our own jeje when MODs push anti Sanwo Olu thread to front page that people should vote out Sanwo olu. Simply because some people are angry, then we should make irrational decisions and vote out a competent governor while voting for a tribal bigot with no leadership experience to run the 4th largest economy in Africa
Here’s the thread; https://www.nairaland.com/7591033/obidients-get-ready-retire-sanwo-olu

Evidence of Chinedu Rhodes Water vapor has been trending since yesterday and MOD refused to push to front page because Chinedu is Seun’s friend.
We won’t keep quiet
We won’t hand over Lagos to a tribal bigot, and a Biafra secessionist

https://www.nairaland.com/7592810/labour-party-candidate-denounce-yoruba

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by ProphetM0hammad: 5:28pm On Mar 02, 2023
Labouring left right and center

If you know a typical Okoro
The money spent on the election is what's paining him, he already cried many times in secret before coming to do it in public

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by sofeo(m): 5:29pm On Mar 02, 2023
Alright

Check my Signature
Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by inoki247: 5:29pm On Mar 02, 2023
Lol na una know....

Wetin dey pain me for everything na my Naira wey the Govt seize from me bkuz of election wey no clear....

Is this why Buhari av to suffer over 200m people...

If na beg mak he sha please remove the cashless policy he don du..

Access bank don hang money wey person send to me now for over 2days.....

People wey dey hype Buhari den abt the policy we tell una say u will suffer in vain u told me is for ur future we are already in the future....

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by headboyprince(m): 5:29pm On Mar 02, 2023
Please who has that image of Nigeria voting pattern since 1979 ,

i want to deal with one fool who is claiming that the East only vote for their own, while north is the reverse... please who have that image should help me with it? grin

6 Likes

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by tolumizzy(m): 5:29pm On Mar 02, 2023
Werey ppl.....they are just wasting our money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by obagofizzy(m): 5:29pm On Mar 02, 2023
Absolute rubbish, see INEC na scam , even APC knows the election was rigged , no worry

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by JASONjnr(m): 5:29pm On Mar 02, 2023
A complete rubbish....

INEC should be scrapped!!

We need an independent electoral body....

Not what we have today...

17 Likes

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by eroticecstasy: 5:29pm On Mar 02, 2023
Lamentations chapter 101

The same way his state lamented when he was looting funds

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by Wodu89: 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
I agree

1 Like

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by JoshTim: 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
Even though INEC really goofed as pertain to this BVAS and irev server but hey, Obi ain't saint too, he could have done more for Anambra too.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by Nwadu: 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
It's well... What will be will be
Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by caylakays: 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
Exactly... My president.
This country will never heal. With Tinubu at the helms of affairs, omo, na zillions we go dey owe.
If this was their plan all along, why didn't they save the money and rig it as they used to do. They raised our hopes high and this is what they v got. Manual rigging in dz time of the century. Why waste such amount on Bivas... Na wa oo

3 Likes

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by unclejb2(m): 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
No uploading of results at the polling unit on saturday will put the lives of INEC officials ...PO SPO etc in Danger

6 Likes

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by Ahuitzotl: 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
EFCC should watch the account trail of any judge to be involved in this trial.....I cannot put it past thiefffnubu to go dollar pocket stuffing...

1 Like

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by Ayo25: 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
Las Las Obi will get his own Certificate of Return from the organisers of ANAP polls grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by fablani(m): 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
This politicians are not even my problem.
My problem is the poor hungry masses who always help them in committing this evil against themselves to their own detriment and to the benefits of the politicians and their cronies

1 Like

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
To be honest, he has a point but the reality on the ground is this, Nothing will change. Nigeria is too gone.

Guys, I hope you have sharpened your beaks, you bunch are about to peck on corns until you turn to birds.

Get ready boys and girls, in 2 years they will blame herdsmen, they will blame cabal, they will blame the opposition and finally, they will pivot to "by God's grace"
Then when it is re-election time, these same people who were almost mortuary-ready from hunger will come on forums like this and tell you how this administration is the best thing since sliced bread.

As I said, get ready. If the hunger gets you and you have prime land for sale, I will be there to pick it up when the dollar goes to 1.5k naira.

Enjoy the emotional dance now, the reality is on the way.

3 Likes

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by sammy329(m): 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
undecided

Sore loser!!!

Look at the ranting of someone who did not even come second in the election.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by Zimkay: 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
They could have declared whatever they wanted instead of wasting huge of money on rubbish claiming that election was conducted....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Mar 02, 2023
The real phase of the election is about to unfold.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Six Years Of Buhari: How Ebonyi Has fared Since 2015 / Joe Igbokwe Will Be Stoned To Death If He Enters South East – Biafra Group / ‘those Celebrating My Downfall Celebrated Too Soon!’ – Ben Murray-bruce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.