Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,119 members, 7,845,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 11:23 PM

One Thing These Elections Have Revealed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / One Thing These Elections Have Revealed (290 Views)

National Assembly Supplementary Elections Have Not Been Fixed - INEC / Seyi Law Writes About What The 2023 Elections Have Taught Him. / BUHARI Cannot Win 24 States In These Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

One Thing These Elections Have Revealed by treatise: 10:57pm On Mar 19, 2023
The enthusiasm that greeted the introduction of BVAS has fizzled suddenly owing to irregularities such as ballot snatching, manipulation of INEC officials, inducement, and others. One thing I believe should be added to BVAS is electronic voting machine that'd relay results real-time to the portal. I don't know how you view that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Thing These Elections Have Revealed by tommy589(m): 11:18pm On Mar 19, 2023
treatise:
The enthusiasm that greeted the introduction of BVAS has fizzled suddenly owing to irregularities such as ballot snatching, manipulation of INEC officials, inducement, and others. One thing I believe should be added to BVAS is electronic voting machine that'd relay results real-time to the portal. I don't know how you view that.

Enthusiasm on electronic voting is having false euphoria. Is that not an indication we are at the back water of technology when we have electronic cash transfer, phone and other network connectivity problems.
All politicians in Nigeria above the age of 50 knows the solution to electoral malpractices in Nigeria is option A4. It cost less and almost rig free. The question is,why are they not clamouring for it?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: One Thing These Elections Have Revealed by treatise: 11:27pm On Mar 19, 2023
tommy589:

Enthusiasm on electronic voting is having false euphoria. Is that not an indication we are at the back water of technology when we have electronic cash transfer, phone and other network connectivity problems.
All politicians in Nigeria above the age of 50 knows the solution to electoral malpractices in Nigeria is option A4. It cost less and almost rig free. The question is,why are they not clamouring for it?
Well said

(1) (Reply)

Why Lagos Is Important To The Yorubas / How Is The Cash Issue In Your City Today / Cash Crunch: Ngige, NLC, CBN Meet To Avert Nationwide Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.