Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,891 members, 7,841,322 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar (1054 Views)

Barack Obama Announces Intention To Run As President Of Kenya In 2021 / Obama Announces Intention To Run As President Of Kenya In 2021 / Peter Ndambiri, Kenyan Deputy Governor Caught Sleeping With Another Man's Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by Horus(m): 11:03am On Apr 03, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEwdEWneTis

Saudi Arabia Sells Oil to Kenya in Kenyan Shillings instead of US Dollar

Kenya will buy oil from Saudi Arabia in Kenyan shillings instead of US dollars, according to a fuel import agreement signed by Kenyan President William Ruto and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud. According to Kenya's president, the agreement will allow the country access to all of its fuel needs in the form of a six-month loan and eliminate $500 million in monthly demand in the market.

5 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by God1000(m): 11:13am On Apr 03, 2023
Is Saudi Arabia at loggerheads with US? Are they not allies anymore

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by pol23: 11:58am On Apr 03, 2023
As much as I love this news, I somehow feel it's not really happening.... Wetin Saudi go take Kenyan shilling do ?
Even me sef get Kenya shilling for my car with nothing to do with it.... Just waiting for when next I will visit Kenya.... Date which is not close by.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by shegzhkn: 12:03pm On Apr 03, 2023
Horus, why you no like uncle sam ??
Lol.
Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by shegzhkn: 12:06pm On Apr 03, 2023
God1000:
Lol. Make I answer you. MBS prefer that lowlife that raw dogged a pórnstar because of his personality.
Biden is bad news to most of those gulf state leader - their body language is telling.
Although it a good thing, they hate been lectured about human right and all that.
Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by Horus(m): 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2023
Kenya to start buying petroleum products with Kenyan shillings

Oil marketers will also start paying for goods with shillings rather than dollars, as has been the practice.

CHUKWUEMEKA AYOMIDE • MARCH 27, 2023

In an effort to combat the country’s continuing dollar shortage, the Kenyan government has signed an agreement with three international oil companies that will allow the African nation to purchase oil using Kenyan shillings.

Due to the dollar shortage, which the government is trying to address, businesses that import goods for their operations—including oil marketers and manufacturers—have been forced to pay more for dollars than the official average exchange rate set by the Central Bank of Kenya.

Kenya signed an agreement for the supply of petroleum products on credit for nine months, with an extended credit period of six months, with the Saudi Arabian Oil Company (Saudi Aramco), the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc), and the Emirates National Oil Company (Enoc).

Every month, Saudi Aramco will provide two diesel cargoes; Adnoc will provide two additional cargoes of diesel and one additional cargo of dual-purpose kerosene, and Enoc will deliver three cargoes of super petrol.

The companies will choose local oil marketers to manage the importation and collection of funds, which will then be paid after the six-month credit period has expired.

The credit period is anticipated to decrease demand for the U.S. dollar and ease pressure on foreign exchange reserves, which are at their lowest levels in more than a decade. Oil marketers will also start paying for goods with shillings rather than dollars, as has been the practice.

Previously, the local Kenyan oil industry required approximately $500 million (Sh64 billion) monthly to purchase about 740,000 metric tonnes, with oil marketing companies having to pay importers in U.S. dollars.

Source:
https://gazettengr.com/kenya-to-start-buying-petroleum-products-with-kenyan-shillings/

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by God1000(m): 12:42pm On Apr 03, 2023
shegzhkn:

Lol. Make I answer you. MBS prefer that lowlife that raw dogged a pórnstar because of his personality.
Biden is bad news to most of those gulf state leader - their body language is telling.
Although it a good thing, they hate been lectured about human right and all that.
yeah, I think trouble started when the Biden administration released the classified document which contains the killing of Saudi journalist Ahmad Khashoggi in Turkey, it exposed the crowne prince involvement.
Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by shegzhkn: 12:53pm On Apr 03, 2023
God1000:
yeah, I think trouble started when the Biden administration released the classified document which contains the killing of Saudi journalist Ahmad Khashoggi in Turkey, it exposed the crowne prince involvement.
It even goes way beyond the release of classified info about Jamal K. Killing.
Trump always support MBS, when he wanted to blockade Qatar he was not opposed to it and accuse Qatar of supporting extremist group until advisors told him that Qatar is housing the biggest US base in the Middle east and also a strategic partner.
After the Disappearance of Jamal Khassogi trump saved MBS and make effort to downplay the whole thing.
Looking at who trump is tyrant will have to like him and he envys them too but to small d democrat (I hope you know what that means) he is a disaster & also the Democratic party have always been the party that preaches human right and makes it a foreign policy priority, authoritarian don't like stuff like that and finally Biden has said on the campaign trail he is gonna make Saudi a pariah, c'mon.
Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by seunny4lif(m): 12:59pm On Apr 03, 2023
Japan abandoned the agreement with the US and its allies and bought Russian oil at a price above the ceiling.
Citing energy needs, Tokyo obtained an exception to the rules binding the G-7 countries.

The surprise was Japan was the one that pushed capping Russia oil but now, Japanese government have ran to buy Russia oil and also insists they want to buy into Russia gas deal, in want Japanese government said it’s important for Japanese economy.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by God1000(m): 12:59pm On Apr 03, 2023
shegzhkn:

Trump always support MBS, when he wanted to blockade Qatar he was not opposed to it and accuse Qatar of supporting extremist group until advisors told him that Qatar is housing the biggest US base in the Middle east and also a strategic partner.
After the Disappearance of Jamal Khassogi trump saved MBS and make effort to downplay the whole thing.
Looking at who trump is tyrant will have to like him and he envys them too but to small d democrat (I hope you know what that means) he is a disaster & also the Democratic party have always been the party that preaches human right and makes it a foreign policy priority, authoritarian don't like stuff like that and finally Biden has said on the campaign trail he is gonna make Saudi a pariah, c'mon.
you are right, Saudi Arabia and other authoritarian regimes don't like Biden and his foreign policy approach, but the rest of the western world is okay with Biden.

The same way Donald trump embraced authoritarian leaders and destroyed US relations with several allies, he even threatened to pull US out of NATO alliance.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by God1000(m): 1:02pm On Apr 03, 2023
seunny4lif:
Japan abandoned the agreement with the US and its allies and bought Russian oil at a price above the ceiling.
Citing energy needs, Tokyo obtained an exception to the rules binding the G-7 countries.

The surprise was Japan was the one that pushed capping Russia oil but now, Japanese government have ran to buy Russia oil and also insists they want to buy into Russia gas deal, in want Japanese government said it’s important for Japanese economy.
every country will after their national interest first, but that doesn't mean Japan and Russia are friends, it is just business.

Japan is even supporting Ukraine
Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by shegzhkn: 1:07pm On Apr 03, 2023
God1000:
you are right, Saudi Arabia and other authoritarian regimes don't like Biden and his foreign policy approach, but the rest of the western world is okay with Biden.

The same way Donald trump embraced authoritarian leaders and destroyed US relations with several allies, he even threatened to pull US out of NATO alliance.
During trump administration even Canada the US very reliable partner and neighbor had to prepare for plan B. Trump became the subject of gossip by our strongest allies (Trudeau, Macron and Boris) and he also wanna make Angela Merkel throw up.
But they knew he was Temporary, they were docking hoping America will elect a new president and now he wants to run again - big boost for the democrat.

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by God1000(m): 1:11pm On Apr 03, 2023
shegzhkn:

During trump administration even Canada the US very reliable partner and neighbor had to prepare for plan B. Trump became the subject of gossip by our strongest allies (Trudeau, Macron and Boris) and he also wanna make Angela Merkel throw up.
But they knew he was Temporal, they were docking hoping America will elect a new president and now he wants to run again - big boost for the democrat.
exactly, Donald trump has already destroyed the republican party.

I pray they jail him this time or ban him from running for any public office
Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by seunny4lif(m): 4:03pm On Apr 03, 2023
God1000:
every country will after their national interest first, but that doesn't mean Japan and Russia are friends, it is just business.

Japan is even supporting Ukraine
Friends ke grin
What is my business if you are not my friend but you are paying me billions of dollars for my goods and services while if you are my friend, you are buying in credit.
If you want to be successful as a business person, strangers are your best friends

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by FoolishBoy419: 7:20pm On Apr 03, 2023
shegzhkn:

I think it has more to do with their double-faced respect for human rights. USA imhas proven several times that it's not a reliable ally. You can't lecture one person about human rights while aiding and applauding another person for violating human rights.

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by Horus(m): 10:26pm On Apr 03, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw1Zg6-clJ8

Kenya Ditches U.S. Dollar in New Saudi Arabia Deal
Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by Livelystone01: 11:55pm On Apr 03, 2023
God1000:
Is this sarcasm or what?

Haven't you been following world events for years?

Saudi and the US have been on a rough patch for years now.

Kashogi was killed and nothing happened to the sponsors and even at that the Saudis are still holding some grudges against the US.

There are so many things happening, I can't list them now.

3 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by Kojochyke(m): 8:17am On Apr 04, 2023
shegzhkn:

is the IndecentStar related to you? Where u peeping while the act was going on?
U seem to have a lot of details about the intercourse.

Btw
I tot Stormy debunked the claims.
Plus
Nobody gives a rat sh!t about Biden. Nobody rates him, even Saudi prince gave him d middle finger.
Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by Kojochyke(m): 8:22am On Apr 04, 2023
shegzhkn:

U know nothing about the democrat party.
Go do ur research...
Forget d recycled crap from CNN n trash.
Democrat party was built around racism.
What sort of human rights are you talking about?
Abeg
Read n research more.
E get Y

1 Like

Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by Kojochyke(m): 8:24am On Apr 04, 2023
shegzhkn:

But they knew he was Temporary, they were docking hoping America will elect a new president and now he wants to run again - big boost for the democrat.
"Our"
Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by Kojochyke(m): 8:26am On Apr 04, 2023
FoolishBoy419:

I think it has more to do with their double-faced respect for human rights. USA imhas proven several times that it's not a reliable ally. You can't lecture one person about human rights while aiding and applauding another person for violating human rights.
Exactly.
I was reading through what those guys above were typing, and I kept shaking my head .
CNN has really twisted some minds.

2 Likes

Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by barojana: 4:58pm On Apr 04, 2023
God1000:

The issue started when Biden attacked MBS because of the khashogii murder.
Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by God1000(m): 5:03pm On Apr 04, 2023
barojana:

The issue started when Biden attacked MBS because of the khashogii murder.
Yeah, na the genesis of everything
Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by panafrican(m): 5:47pm On Apr 04, 2023
Isn't what African countries should have done since the 1960s ( African main Year or Independance ) ?
How did people end up buying foreign supplies using another country's currency ?
Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by RiceProducers: 9:14pm On Apr 04, 2023
pol23:
As much as I love this news, I somehow feel it's not really happening.... Wetin Saudi go take Kenyan shilling do ?
Even me sef get Kenya shilling for my car with nothing to do with it.... Just waiting for when next I will visit Kenya.... Date which is not close by.

This was exactly what I wrote some where. Everything ends up as US dollar
Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by Horus(m): 10:34pm On Apr 04, 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AksTPh5mjQ

Kenya To Use Local Currency To Buy Oil from Saudi Arabia

Kenya To Use Local Currency To Buy Oil from Saudi Arabia. The US dollar has long been a cornerstone of global commerce, with its widespread acceptance and use elevating its value to unparalleled heights. However, a growing number of countries are now looking to break away from this dependency and explore alternative currencies. The once-unquestioned dominance of the dollar is being challenged, as nations seek to establish their own currencies as viable alternatives. In a bold move, Kenyan President William Ruto announced that his government will no longer buy fuel using the dollar, instead, he proposed a plan to purchase oil using the national currency, the Kenyan shilling.
Re: Saudi Arabia Sells Oil To Kenya In Kenyan Shillings Instead Of US Dollar by FoolishBoy419: 2:37pm On Apr 05, 2023
Kojochyke:
Exactly.
I was reading through what those guys above were typing, and I kept shaking my head .
CNN has really twisted some minds.

It's a pity

(1) (Reply)

Terrorists Gather 100 Civilians In A House And Shells Them Killing 30. / An Eye For Eye / Massive Man-hunt For Three Terrorists Plotting A Truck Bomb Attack On New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.