Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,153 members, 7,842,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History (4122 Views)

Prof. Femi Soyinka, Brother To Wole Soyinka Is dead / Throwback Picture Of A 1946 History Exam Question Paper / The House Wole Soyinka Lived At The OAU Campus Turned To Museum (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by derecho(m): 6:16am On Apr 07, 2023
1965 ELECTION DRAMA
31Yr Old Soyinka Declared Wanted For Seizing Radio Station At Gunpoint Over Western Region Elections Rigging!

HOLDING IBADAN RADIO STATION AT GUNPOINT AND WOLE SOYINKA’S BIZARRE NAME-CALLING~Tosin Adeoti

Wole Soyinka calling OBIdients names is the most bizarre thing I've read today.

Do older Nigerians really think we don't read (their) history.

A 31-year-old Oluwole Soyinka stormed a radio station and held a Bereta pistol to the head of a broadcaster to prevent the victory speech of the winner of a declared election result.

“Give me those tapes. GIVE ME THOSE TAPES OR ELSE……!”

He forcefully collected the tape and gave a substitute tape to be slotted for broadcast.

"Akintola go! Drop your stolen mandate, leave town and take your reprobates with you. Let them leave now before the people decide to wash the streets with their blood."

It is this same Soyinka who now talks about fascism and says Peter Obi supporters lost him the elections because of their utterances.

On an election that has been universally condemned?

No OBIdient has done half of what Soyinka did in that election; an action that he's refused to call himself a fascist for or even condemn.

"I could not sit down and accept that somebody should steal my voice. I felt at one with the majority of the people."

An action he justifies by saying he was moved to take because the democratic rights of the citizens were brazenly stolen.

This is the man who condemns people whose only offense is calling for justice ON THE INTERNET.

They hold no media station to ransom.

They wield no weapon on the streets.

Their offence?
Vehemently oppose those they think are not qualified to lead them on social media.

This is the people a man who fought military dictatorship on the streets and via the ink is offended by?

Is this how to build a nation?

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by Naira20: 6:23am On Apr 07, 2023
Kikikiki...More like an Armed Robber or Terrorist At 31

Prof. Don buy market

Anyways, OBIdients get dem size.Every enemy of a New and Righteous Nigeria must fall And be disgraced.

13 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by DesChyko: 7:04am On Apr 07, 2023
A Sea Dog for that matter talking about fascism. What was the essence of the confraternity in the first place? 😁

Let's give it to age. The man is aging.

8 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by derecho(m): 7:25am On Apr 07, 2023
Not age bruv , he is just showing us his true color.
Peter Obi's matter is exposing the true enemies of Nigeria.
The Court case will show us more.

DesChyko:
A Sea Dog for that matter talking about fascism. What was the essence of the confraternity in the first place? 😁

Let's give it to age. The man is aging.

10 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by ByeByeToSapa1: 7:31am On Apr 07, 2023
Soyinka ages well.
One of many living Legend.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by Donald7610: 9:30am On Apr 07, 2023
It doesn't matter which side of the fence you get off on sometimes. What matters most is getting off. You cannot make progress without making decisions.

Wole Soyinka
Take a position with the winner
Their Tears is your wine

jagaban will buy all your mentors one by one
When the rain is over, you will then know the burden of the umbrella

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by Enceladus(m): 10:27am On Apr 07, 2023
You clowns. That's not how we remeber it. Akintola is actually the gods of mandate thieves that you people cry about. Anyways wahala for people that don't know history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by Image123(m): 10:43am On Apr 07, 2023
Let me understand this. Why do Obi and his co trouble makers do wrong and instead of accepting their wrong/fault always try to look for another person that did wrong like them to validate their wrong?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by BRIMBRAM: 12:04pm On Apr 07, 2023
Image123:
Let me understand this. Why do Obi and his co trouble makers do wrong and instead of accepting their wrong/fault always try to look for another person that did wrong like them to validate their wrong?

grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by Louder3: 1:26pm On Apr 07, 2023
From their tribe, you shall know their character. Born turn-coats. No matter their level of education, bigotry is their DNA.

Soyinka you have history too. Ahoi seadog.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by JJuanMiguel: 3:08pm On Apr 07, 2023
By May 29
God will give you rest

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by Omoawoke: 3:23pm On Apr 07, 2023
Ipob has found a new enemy to pour their frustrations and madness. They have updated their hate list.
More people to join the list till it remains Peter obi himself.

8 years is still a long way to go. Or what! 16 damn years is a very long way to go because after Tinubu , power goes back to the north in 2031… so till 2039. Omo! Una suppose don dey construct a dam by now to save your tears. The tears collected can be used to power electricity for the whole of southeast.
Una go cry tire, eni kurre

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by Omoawoke: 3:25pm On Apr 07, 2023
derecho:
Not age bruv , he is just showing us his true color.
Peter Obi's matter is exposing the true enemies of Nigeria.
The Court case will show us more.

Enemies of Biafra
Re: Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by SporaD8: 4:23pm On Apr 07, 2023
Our Prof. done buy market!
Re: Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by ukaface(f): 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2023
Image123:
It shows that nobody holy pass
Everybody be hypocrite, but I love the good hypocrites
Re: Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by SeeItSayIt: 11:07pm On Apr 07, 2023
I'm a confirmed Middle-Beltern & I've never rated Wole Soyinka good at anytime in my life 'cos I unfortunately stumbled on his bad records first.

He's just an unfortunate human being who can only fly in a place like Nigeria. An elderly fool whose best achievement was his introduction of cultism to the younger ones in our universities.

Wole Soyinka is a disaster, he's good for nothing but a blood sucking demon!

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by Image123(m): 12:47pm On Apr 08, 2023
ukaface:

It shows that nobody holy pass
Everybody be hypocrite, but I love the good hypocrites

Exactly the point we have been making, Obi is no different. Most Obi sympathisers claim that he is different.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Picture Of Wole Soyinka At 31...A Little History by codedtony(m): 12:55pm On Apr 08, 2023
That's so cool cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Wt 2-2 Or Spill Wt 2-1? Advice!!!!! / 25 Golden Rules Of Life In Pictures - Photo / Scholarships For North Cyprus Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.