Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering (6441 Views)

President Tinubu, Invite Prof. Barth Nnaji To Be The Federal Minister Of Power. / Okonjo-iweala vs Soludo vs Oby Ezekwesili vs Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / DJ Switch To CNN: Nigeria Is A Dictatorship With A Democratic Face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by akingangan: 7:04am On Apr 11, 2023
Watch how a real Diva protects and projects her country in a good light
even while being baited into saying something bad about her country
The interviewer asked her to say something she did not like about Nigeria
She replied
I can never diss my country
I Love Nigeria

This was over a decade ago in an interview with CNN

VS

Chimamanda Adichie's
Hey World and Mr. US President

Nigeria has Hollow Democracy and our president-elect is a drug dealer even though there is no proof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of9HWQH0tQo

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 11, 2023
It's pretty okay,perhaps the country is mired in a never-ending cycle of poverty and violence, with little hope for improvement. Maybe the government is controlled by a corrupt elite that cares nothing for the people. It could also be that the country is engaged in a costly and senseless war that does nothing but bring death and destruction.

In any of these cases, it would be perfectly understandable for someone to feel disillusioned with their country and to want to express their dissatisfaction in writing. And, while it might not be the most patriotic thing to do, there is nothing inherently wrong with criticizing one's country. After all, a healthy democracy depends on open dialogue and constructive criticism.

That said, it's important to be mindful of the impact that one's words can have. Criticizing one's country can be seen as unpatriotic, and it can also make it more difficult for people to come together and work towards solutions. So, it's important to be thoughtful and constructive in one's criticisms, and to always remember that, ultimately, we're all responsible for our country.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by Ku77: 7:12am On Apr 11, 2023
Ok
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by mrvitalis(m): 7:12am On Apr 11, 2023
What can be a worse diss to a country than a president of a Country shamelessly going for medical treatment abroad?

Chief Chimadanda has done more to give Nigeria a great image Outside Nigeria than the Buhari lead APC adminstration combined

Buhari lead APC is the chief demarketer of Nigeria

66 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by randymirrors(f): 7:13am On Apr 11, 2023
Best Actress Nigeria has had. A woman in a class of her own. Watched the video. A true patriot. Genevieve is too intelligent for her own good. No other celeb comes close.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by akingangan: 7:15am On Apr 11, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
It's pretty okay,perhaps the country is mired in a never-ending cycle of poverty and violence, with little hope for improvement. Maybe the government is controlled by a corrupt elite that cares nothing for the people. It could also be that the country is engaged in a costly and senseless war that does nothing but bring death and destruction.

In any of these cases, it would be perfectly understandable for someone to feel disillusioned with their country and to want to express their dissatisfaction in writing. And, while it might not be the most patriotic thing to do, there is nothing inherently wrong with criticizing one's country. After all, a healthy democracy depends on open dialogue and constructive criticism.

That said, it's important to be mindful of the impact that one's words can have. Criticizing one's country can be seen as unpatriotic, and it can also make it more difficult for people to come together and work towards solutions. So, it's important to be thoughtful and constructive in one's criticisms, and to always remember that, ultimately, we're all responsible for our country.

You will be surprised at the level of poverty and violence in the US
Imagine JK Rowling now writing an open letter to the President of Nigeria about this.

I think she made a mistake and was carried away by the moment.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by Nobody: 7:15am On Apr 11, 2023
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by DevilSignature: 7:17am On Apr 11, 2023
cheesy

Mumu OP said this was a decade ago, perhaps then there was a little atom of positivity in Nigeria, banditry was not grown, corruption was minimal. There was something to speak good about Nigeria. Elections rigging was not obvious and disasterous as it is now.
If Genevieve Nnaji appear on the television screen again today she will sing a different tune.

A drug criminal can never rule Nigeria

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by vastolord4(m): 7:17am On Apr 11, 2023
mrvitalis:
What can be a worse diss to a country than a president of q country shamelessly going for medical treatment abroad?

Chief Chimadanda has done more to give Nigeria a great image Outside Nigeria than the APC adminstration combined

Buhari lead APC is the chief demarketer of Nigeria

Plain and simple

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by kokoA(m): 7:19am On Apr 11, 2023
Chimamanda lives abroad while Genevieve lives here in Nigeria.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by Nobody: 7:21am On Apr 11, 2023
When people are as hateful of themselves, with some hating Nigeria passionately also, as different ethnic groups of Nigeria are, then such is a huge disincentive to national socio-economic growth and development.

Nigerian leaders know what must be done once they are genuinely prepared to take action and rescue our nation. Tinubu has pledged to take action and that is why I support him passionately.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by DatNiggaDaz: 7:26am On Apr 11, 2023
Some people who have told other ethnic groups to go back to their villages are suddenly desperate lovers of one Nigeria. Ok

Nnaji will be asked to go back to her village one day if she has not been told to do so already.

Her Position yesterday aligns with your interest today, hence the joy and happiness to use her as an example in order to run chimamanda down.

When the Chips are down MC Oluomo will prevent them from voting in Lagos state forgetting that she Nnaji especially once defended Nigeria on the international stage.

Nigeria, God help you

9 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by fullnetwork: 7:27am On Apr 11, 2023
akingangan:

You will be surprised at the level of poverty and violence in the US
Imagine JK Rowling now writing an open letter to the President of Nigeria about this.

I think she made a mistake and was carried away by the moment.
She played it he way APC wanted it.
The hen that shouts is not advocating for the hawk to drop its chick. Rather, it's for the world to know what's up.
APC did pocket Nigeria. It's for the world to know what's up.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by SledgeHammerer: 7:28am On Apr 11, 2023
Nice One
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by toneroforever(m): 7:29am On Apr 11, 2023
How was Nigeria when Genny made the comment. The country has far better than the failed state where virtually nothing works.

OP,u can't guilt trip Chimamanda. Scoundrels & charlatans have wrecked the country but folks are supporting such people because of tribalism.

9 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by fullnetwork: 7:33am On Apr 11, 2023
toneroforever:
How was Nigeria when Genny made the comment. The country has far better than the failed state where virtually nothing works.

OP,u can't guilt trip Chimamanda. Scoundrels & charlatans have wrecked the country but folks are supporting such people because of tribalism.
It is really disappointing to see that even the ordinary people no longer regards self value.
How can anyone defend the atrocitiies that happened in February?

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by SmartPolician: 7:41am On Apr 11, 2023
You guys are comparing two parallel situations.

Chimamanda Adichie didn't diss her country in the letter she wrote. She is unhappy that INEC fraudulently foisted on us an ex-druglord with an unknown background, questionable age and character, and who's even too unhealthy to discharge the responsibilities of the office he aspires.

Nobody would be complaining if INEC kept to their words of transmitting the election results in real time. One week later, they were still posting results on the iRev after doctoring them. Nobody will respect this country if we don't respect ourselves by doing the right thing.

9 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by theredaddy: 7:47am On Apr 11, 2023
Nothing gladdens our colonial masters like seeing blacks talk down on black nation just to massage there Ego they will always be superior us.
America is going through many crises but there media & citizens are compressing and minimizing the picture they give the outside, the very same America our igbo brother see as a mean to Tarnish Nigeria completely had same election crisis between biden and trump, till date Trump did not congratulate Biden but you don't see Trump supporters going to skysport or Al jazeera to rubbish US.
Almost all the advance countries we look up are going through internal crisis but how will Nigerians know when just few read.
They Know Igbos are the weakest link to Tarnish Nigeria, it is not a concidence they picked on Genevieve

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by DeTribalisedCit: 7:47am On Apr 11, 2023
Point to Note: This was over a decade ago.

About a decade ago, Nigeria was able to save $9bn dollars in the ECA because the oil sold for more than was in the budget.

Fast forward to 2022, Nigeria did not save but instead kept using the funds in the ECA despite oil selling for more than was in the budget.

So yeah, if it were me too, I'd be pissed. She did the right thing by snubbing quietly. It is those who were desperate to attach some form of decency to this government that publicized everything; both the intention and the rejection.

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by MrAgbako: 7:48am On Apr 11, 2023
Better girl with sense. Your mama born you well. ...

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by MrAgbako: 7:51am On Apr 11, 2023
SmartPolician:
You guys are comparing two parallel situations.

Chimamanda Adichie didn't diss her country in the letter she wrote. She is unhappy that INEC fraudulently foisted on us an ex-druglord with an unknown background, questionable age and character, and who's even too unhealthy to discharge the responsibilities of the office he aspires.

Nobody would be complaining if INEC kept to their words of transmitting the electvion results in real time. One week later, they were still posting results on the iRev after doctoring them. Nobody will respect this country if we don't respect ourselves.
is that why she rejected the award or she has beef with inec too over Buhari election? Make una dey do damage control. We all know the hate that live in y'all since the end of the civil war. This wailing will continue for the next 8 years for y'all and we dey house for una. Nah fire by fire. Una go hear weeehn

1 Like

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by Arda1000(m): 7:54am On Apr 11, 2023
Try interview that aunty again... A decade ago is very different today.

3 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by LUGBE: 7:58am On Apr 11, 2023
Go ask Genevive now her take about the alleged 2023 general election and come back here and close this thread.

There is something you thieves dont know, please i do not hate any presidential candidate but the manner the rigging was done is alarming and annoying and so many reasons we should not allow it to stand one major reason is that we dont want one party system.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by SmartPolician: 7:58am On Apr 11, 2023
theredaddy:
Nothing gladdens our colonial masters like seeing blacks talk down on black nation just to massage there Ego they will always be superior us.
America is going through many crises but there media & citizens are compressing and minimizing the picture they give the outside, the very same America our igbo brother see as a mean to Tarnish Nigeria completely had same election crisis between biden and trump, till date Trump did not congratulate Biden but you don't see Trump supporters going to skysport or Al jazeera to rubbish US.
Almost all the advance countries we look up are going through internal crisis but how will Nigerians know when just few read.
They Know Igbos are the weakest link to Tarnish Nigeria, it is not a concidence they picked on Genevieve

Keep fooling yourself by tribalizing everything in this country. The beauty of hardship is that it knows no tribe or religion.

By the way, Trump demanded that the election results be recounted and it was recounted and he still lost. When you go comparing the electoral process in America with that of Nigeria, it shows how empty you are.

INEC messed up this process. APC has subjected more Nigerians into abject penury than we have ever recorded in the history of this country. Therefore, you don't expect sane people to keep quiet when such a party keeps winning elections at the national level. You cannot beat a child and expect him not to cry.

Finally, go on social media and see how Trump supporters insult Biden even when Donald Trump knew he was never going to win the election, given how he politicised Coronavirus instead of tackling the deadly virus head-on.

2 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by Benwallt(m): 8:00am On Apr 11, 2023
You see brain and patriotism. Unlike the hideous looking half tolotolo half monkey from a disastrous region

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by DeTribalisedCit: 8:00am On Apr 11, 2023
MrAgbako:
is that why she rejected the award..

On a serious note, it's important to have sufficient depth in whatever you're talking about.

Is Gani or Achebe any less the icons they were because they also rejected the same award for the same reason?
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by theophorus(m): 8:02am On Apr 11, 2023
The things people say about you is a function of how they perceive you.
Do they really Love you? If they do, they would put the Right words out for You.

The Girl that choose to put her Country in a particular perspective just show how much she love her Country.
Congratulations to Her.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by SmartPolician: 8:05am On Apr 11, 2023
MrAgbako:
is that why she rejected the award or she has beef with inec too over Buhari election? Make una dey do damage control. We all know the hate that live in y'all since the end of the civil war. This wailing will continue for the next 8 years for y'all and we dey house for una. Nah fire by fire. Una go hear weeehn

Then, why is the wailing making y'all jittery?
Bola Tinubu should be sworn in so that life can go on. After all, we are all used to suffering and smiling. The beauty of hardship is that it knows no tribe and religion.
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by theredaddy: 8:08am On Apr 11, 2023
SmartPolician:

Keep fooling yourself by tribalizing everything in this country. The beauty of hardship is that it has no tribe or religion.

By the way, Trump demanded that the election results be recounted and it was recounted and he still lost. When you go comparing the electoral process in America with that of Nigeria, it shows how empty you are.

INEC messed up this process. APC has subjected more Nigerians into abject penury than we have ever recorded in the history of this country. Therefore, you don't expect sane people to keep quiet when such a party keeps winning elections at the national level. You cannot beat a child and tell him not to cry.

Finally, go on social media and see how Trump supporters insult Biden if when Donald Trump knew he was never going to win the election, given how he politicised Coronavirus instead of tackling the deadly virus head-on.

At these point i expect anyone coming for me to discredit me with evidence, the truth is bitter.

90% of people that have said horrible things about Nigeria on Int't platforms are IGBOS

90% of Petition Against Nigeria to int'l bodies came from the East .. i stand to discredited with facts

I don't have a problem with anyone calling me a tribalist, Buh i am just a Realist.

Why pick on Genenvieve for that kind of question, dj cuppy is everywhere, wizkid, davido are always in there domain, Why Genevieve ??

Here is a link for the america election you claim was recounted, it was even after Biden won
https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-recounts-false-idUSL2N2WJ1J9

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by gidgiddy: 8:12am On Apr 11, 2023
akingangan:
Watch how a real Diva protects and projects her country in a good light
even while being baited into saying something bad about her country
The interviewer asked her to say something she did not like about Nigeria
She replied
I can never diss my country
I Love Nigeria

This was over a decade ago in an interview with CNN

VS

Chimamanda Adichie's
Hey World and Mr. US President

Nigeria has Hollow Democracy and our president-elect is a drug dealer even though there is no proof

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of9HWQH0tQo

People like you are laughable. You only project good image for your country if there is good image worth projecting

Not a country overrun by corruption, insecurity economic stagnation, and cant conduct credible elections
Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by Mindlog: 8:14am On Apr 11, 2023
President Buhari and "President-elect" Tinubu regularly seeks medical care in Europe, which dissing of Nigeria pass dat one?🙄

4 Likes

Re: Genevieve Nnaji To CNN - I Can Never Diss My Country Vs Chimamanda's Slandering by marlow1962(m): 8:15am On Apr 11, 2023
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Only Car Peter Obi Won't Enter For The Rest Of His Life (Photos) / Need For South South And South East Alliance ( Former Eastern Region) / Biafran Passport For Sale PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.