Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,118 members, 7,842,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

24 States AND The Fct - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 24 States AND The Fct (1179 Views)

FG Shares N43bn Among 24 States: Kaduna Gets Highest, Katsina, Benue Lowest / 428,941 Nigerians Got Cash In 24 States, 130,455 From Katsina – Minister / BREAKING: APC Releases List Of Governorship Candidates From 24 States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

24 States AND The Fct by oyichi: 10:42pm On May 15, 2023
I don't know why there is too much aguement about this simple statement, now if I may ask, if I happened to be a member of the mba and l am throwing a party and I ask the organizer to invite at least 24 members AND the cjn, if the organizer comes back without the cj, did he do the job as directed?, I don't think so
Re: 24 States AND The Fct by BRIMBRAM: 10:49pm On May 15, 2023
oyichi:
I don't know why there is too much aguement about this simple statement, now if I may ask, if I happened to be a member of the mba and l am throwing a party and I ask the organizer to invite at least 24 members AND the cjn, if the organizer comes back without the cj, did he do the job as directed?, I don't think so

Your wasting your time. Tinubu is Nigeria's next president. All this anology is nothing but academics.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by YourMrBoo: 10:54pm On May 15, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

Your wasting your time. Tinubu is Nigeria's next president. All this anology is nothing but academics.

Are you saying that the constitution shouldn't be followed?

6 Likes

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by oyichi: 10:56pm On May 15, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

my friend, am not against tinubu's presidency as it has happened, being a Nigerian, I know how our judicial system works, but that does not mean that we should not tell ourselves the truth

2 Likes

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by BRIMBRAM: 10:58pm On May 15, 2023
oyichi:
my friend, am not against tinubu's presidency as it has happened, being a Nigerian, I know how our judicial system works, but that does not mean that we should not tell ourselves the truth

There is no truth in your analogy. It's faulty.

3 Likes

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by LegendHero(m): 11:00pm On May 15, 2023
Anytime I see people arguing this 25%, I always remember one guy for my street that year wey kolomental. Colos on colos on colos.

As a Tinubu supporters, I’ll rather go and be using basket to collect rain water than invest my time in arguing with any Obi supporters about 25%.

It’s akin to someone arguing with me that Legendhero is not my moniker

6 Likes

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by oyichi: 11:01pm On May 15, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

There is no truth in your analogy. It's faulty.
how faulty?
Re: 24 States AND The Fct by BRIMBRAM: 11:04pm On May 15, 2023
oyichi:
how faulty?

Because of the variables you have used in your comparism in relation to the function and definition of democracy with respect to Nigeria's Constitution.

3 Likes

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by oyichi: 11:04pm On May 15, 2023
LegendHero:
Anytime I see people arguing this 25%, I always remember one guy for my street that year wey kolomental. Colos on colos on colos.

As a Tinubu supporters, I’ll rather go and be using basket to collect rain water than invest my time in arguing with any Obi supporters about 25%.

It’s akin to someone arguing witn me that Legendhero is not my moniker
well, it's how I see it, there is no colos in here

2 Likes

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by oyichi: 11:06pm On May 15, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

Because of the variables you have used in your comparism in relation to the function and definition of democracy with respect to Nigeria's Constitution.
is the phrase not applicable in all sense?
Re: 24 States AND The Fct by LegendHero(m): 11:07pm On May 15, 2023
oyichi:
well, it's how I see it, there is no colos in here

Sing after me. Colos on colos on colos.

If I argue 25% with anyone make I bend.

When I first heard the 25% nonsense, I thought Obiidients are just trolling normally but when I see that some of them actually believed Abuja people have two head, I stop arguing and started singing colos on colos.

Even the mad man that advised Peter Obi that year can’t believe such nonsense.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by LeoDeKing: 11:07pm On May 15, 2023
And FCT, it says.

Purpose; If a candidate gets 25% in 23 states and is able to gather 25% in FCT in addition, the candidate has satisfied the required spread. To buttress this, same constitution says FCT should be considered as a state for the purpose of election.

But clowns are trying to turn this straightforward statement to mean 25% in FCT is a requirement.

Illiterates everywhere.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by BRIMBRAM: 11:08pm On May 15, 2023
oyichi:
is the phrase not applicable in all sense?

It doesn't apply. Not even the popular analogy of the WEAC, English and Maths.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by LegendHero(m): 11:08pm On May 15, 2023
LeoDeKing:
And FCT it says.

Purpose; If a candidate gets 25% in 23 states and is able to gather 25% in FCT as well, the candidate has satisfied the spread. To buttress this point, same constitution said FCT should be considered as a state for the purpose of election.

But clowns are trying to turn this straightforward statement to mean 25% in FCT is a requirement.

Illiterates everywhere.

Bro this is not illiteracy anymore, it is mental problem.

People are actually running mental and they don’t know about it. This election have dealt with a lot of people mental health and the crazy thing is that they don’t know they have mental impairment.

If it’s the USA, they would have done a research to know the effect of election on people mental well-being. I come dey pity Tinubu, he is inheriting the highest number of mentally imbalanced Nigerians since 1960.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by Lionstep: 11:08pm On May 15, 2023
LegendHero:

It’s akin to someone arguing with me that Legendhero is not my moniker

It's seems you took lengedhero before typing this , try reading what you type again 😊 this time with out an eye of lengedhero huh
Re: 24 States AND The Fct by LegendHero(m): 11:12pm On May 15, 2023
Lionstep:

It's seems you took lengedhero before typing this , try reading what you type again 😊 this time with out an eye of lengedhero huh

It’s colos on colos on colos.

I actually wish I see Hero beer where I’m at now because my country men are running mental everyday and it’s really a sad thing for me so I need alcohol to take away the pain.

Why would any sane person believe Abuja people have 2 heads?

2 Likes

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by oyichi: 11:14pm On May 15, 2023
BRIMBRAM:

It doesn't apply. Not even the popular analogy of the WEAC, English and Maths.
so, words has different meaning when it comes to the judiciary or is it just the Nigerian factor?
Re: 24 States AND The Fct by emkz: 11:15pm On May 15, 2023
oyichi:

Is it winning 25% of two-thirds of the states of the federation and 25% of the FCT or winning 25% of two-thirds of the states of the federation and winning the FCT?

These examples you people are using are senseless. So Abuja has veto powers in a Presidential election. Does that sound like what a reasonable person would say?

3 Likes

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by oyichi: 11:16pm On May 15, 2023
LegendHero:

I actually wish I see Hero beer where I’m at now because my country men are running mental everyday and it’s really a sad thing for me so I need alcohol to take away the pain.

hmm, I have a funny friend here, thanks though
Re: 24 States AND The Fct by LeoDeKing: 11:16pm On May 15, 2023
LegendHero:

Bro this is not illiteracy anymore, it is mental problem.

People are actually running mental and they don’t know about it. This election have dealt with a lot of people mental health and the crazy thing is that they don’t know they have mental impairment.

If it’s the USA, they would have done a research to know the effect of election on people mental well-being. I come dey pity Tinubu, he is inheriting the highest number of mentally imbalanced Nigerians since 1960.

Even with simple logic, their brains are completely blocked. Ask them what makes FCT residents special, they tell you because that is the capital. Was Lagos state given same special status in 1979 and 1983 elections? Wasn't Lagos state the federal capital then?

4 Likes

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by LegendHero(m): 11:17pm On May 15, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Even with simple logic, their brains are completely blocked. Ask them what makes FCT residents special, they tell you because that is the capital. Was Lagos state given same special status in 1979 and 1983 elections? Wasn't Lagos state the federal capital then?

As in my brother, I tire o.

5 Likes

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by BRIMBRAM: 11:18pm On May 15, 2023
oyichi:
[i]so, words has different meaning when it comes to the judiciary [/i]or is it just the Nigerian factor?

Words don't have different meaning in the judiciary. It's well defined without ambiguity.

1 Like

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by LegendHero(m): 11:20pm On May 15, 2023
oyichi:
hmm, I have a funny friend here, thanks though

I’m even thinking of something, since Abuja people have two heads, do you know where I can borrow like 60billion to buy the votes of 80% of Abuja people in 2027 such that no other candidate except me with have 25% and above in Abuja.

If the other candidate like, they should have 100% in all the 36 states of the federation, so far they don’t have 25% in Abuja, they are not winning anything.

After the election, I will carry my bag relocate to Afghanistan, una no go get any elected president again for this Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by andyre34: 11:21pm On May 15, 2023
emkz:

Is it winning 25% of two-thirds of the states of the federation and 25% of the FCT or winning 25% of two-thirds of the states of the federation and winning the FCT?

These examples you people are using are senseless. So Abuja has veto powers in a Presidential election. Does that sound like what a reasonable person would say?

It is not a veto it is simple

To be a governor of a state you must score 25% in two thirds of the LGA

The president is effectively the governor of FCT hence he must score 25% in FCT just like a governor has to as well

Is it clear
Re: 24 States AND The Fct by emkz: 11:22pm On May 15, 2023
LeoDeKing:
And FCT, it says.

Purpose; If a candidate gets 25% in 23 states and is able to gather 25% in FCT in addition, the candidate has satisfied the spread. To buttress this point, same constitution said FCT should be considered as a state for the purpose of election.

Illiterates everywhere.

Do you know how stupid you are forced to sound trying to explain something so simple to retarded minds? Like you said, Section 299 already cleared how Abuja should be interpreted. But Obidients (Kenneth Okonkwo and Chris Nwaokobia Mustapha) are insisting the President must get 25% in Abuja to be popular there since he'd live there. They claim the President is the Governor of Abuja. They claim 25% and not outright majority is what determines your popularity in Abuja.

Now, I don't know where you live, but are you popular as a prerequisite to live there?

Please resist the urge to get into arguments with shallow people over the 25% matter in Abuja. Do not drag yourself to the level of idiots in order not to be counted among them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by YouandiAllofus: 11:27pm On May 15, 2023
LegendHero:

You literarily want to take pan-and-dull for another man's headache? Lolz... The irony here is that those thought to be mad are different from those taking the pills for mental stability.
Re: 24 States AND The Fct by LegendHero(m): 11:30pm On May 15, 2023
YouandiAllofus:
You literarily want to take pan-and-dull for another man's headache? Lolz... The irony here is that those thought to be mad are different from those taking the pills for mental stability.

This your comment come confuse me more.

I actually need a beer now.

2 Likes

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by LeoDeKing: 11:30pm On May 15, 2023
emkz:

Do you know how stupid you are forced to sound trying to explain something so simple to retarded minds? Like you said, Section 299 already cleared how Abuja should be interpreted. But Obidients (Kenneth Okonkwo and Chris Nwaokobia Mustapha) are insisting the President must get 25% in Abuja to be popular there since he'd live there. They claim the President is the Governor of Abuja. They claim 25% and not outright majority is what determines your popularity in Abuja.

Now, I don't know where you live, but are you popular as a prerequisite to live there?

Please resist the urge to get into arguments with shallow people over the 25% matter in Abuja. Do not drag yourself to the level of idiots in order not to be counted among them.

Funny enough, some of them will tell you because the president is the governor of the country's capital? Was Shehu Shagari the governor of Lagos State in 1979? Did Shagari win Lagos state?
Re: 24 States AND The Fct by emkz: 11:37pm On May 15, 2023
andyre34:

It is not a veto it is simple

To be a governor of a state you must score 25% in two thirds of the LGA

The president is effectively the governor of FCT hence he must score 25% in FCT just like a governor has to as well

Is it clear

That interpretation that the President is effectively the governor if FCT is a load of horseshit. FCT has no governor. At least the constitution does not recognize one.

Section 299 said Abuja should be treated like a state. Therefore, if you meet 25% in 23 states and 25% in Abuja, it counts that you met the 25% in 24 states. If by your argument, the constitution says 25% of 36 states and 25% of Abuja, that means it is asking you for two-thirds of 37 administrative units.

The fact that two-thirds of 37 does not give you a whole number is even a bigger problem than what many of you think which is what caused a legal tussle between Chief Richard Akinjide on the one hand and Professor Chike Obi, Professor Ayodele Awojobi and Professor Godwin Ajayi.

So I ask you: is two-third of 37= 24 or 25? Many of you are gleefully unaware of the waters you are swimming in.
Re: 24 States AND The Fct by Obaaderemi2: 11:38pm On May 15, 2023
oyichi:
The fct is regarded as a state for electoral purposes, so if you say 36 states and the fct it means the fct is included.

It's like saying to your foreman: Bring at least 24 men to my house from the list of 36 factory workers we have and our Gateman.

The Gateman is included because he is also a man but he is not a factory worker.

If the foreman comes to your house with 24 out of the 36 factory workers and leaves the Gateman behind because the Gateman could not come, has the foreman done his job or not?

1 Like

Re: 24 States AND The Fct by emkz: 11:40pm On May 15, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Funny enough, some of them will tell you because the president is the governor of the country's capital? Was Shehu Shagari the governor of Lagos State in 1979? Did Shagari win Lagos state?

I am really shocked at their level of desperation. President=governor of FCT. How can a sane person rationalize that?

They have their biases and use emotions to support their leanings without logic. Supreme Court will clear them that no state or territory has veto powers in a presidential election.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Tinubu, Let The Poor Breathe / Tinubu is an Ebola, Niger People Rejecting Tinubu As Ecowas Chairman(video) / 20pounds: Awolowo's Mistake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.