Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,394 members, 7,846,645 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears (1366 Views)

My Vehicle Jerks When Changing Gear / My Honda Accord Vibrate/jerk When Entering First/second Gear And Reverse / Car Vibration When Changing Gear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears by Cation25(m): 11:16am On May 16, 2023
Good morning car gurus in the house. My Camry 012 usually jerks noticeably when changing gears in motion, particularly when speeding. It sometimes does as if it wants to stop suddenly when it wants to change gear. My mechanic has serviced the gear and changed the filter but the issue persists.

What could be the cause, please?
Re: My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears by coolcharm(m): 11:29am On May 16, 2023
Cation25:
Good morning car gurus in the house. My Camry 012 usually jerks noticeably when changing gears in motion, particularly when speeding. It sometimes does as if it wants to stop suddenly when it wants to change gear. My mechanic has serviced the gear and changed the filter but the issue persists.

What transmission oil are you using?
Re: My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears by xperiencelove(m): 2:39pm On May 16, 2023
Cation25:

It is the engine control module software glitch that affects torque converter in the vehicle.

It is a firmware issues that affects all 012 Camry and they were recalled for update.
Owners who didn't take theirs back for update will encounter the issues and you might have bought one of such.

Search for how and who can update the firmware and you might also need to change the torque converter if it has gone really bad.

I took time to check the vehicle history if it was taken back during recall for update before I bought mine.
Re: My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears by Cation25(m): 8:57am On May 17, 2023
coolcharm:

What transmission oil are you using?

My mechanic used T4 when he serviced it.
Re: My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears by Cation25(m): 8:58am On May 17, 2023
xperiencelove:

It is the engine control module software glitch that affects torque converter in the vehicle.

It is a firmware issues that affects all 012 Camry and they were recalled for update.
Owners who didn't take theirs back for update will encounter the issues and you might have bought one of such.

Search for how and who can update the firmware and you might also need to change the torque converter if it has gone really bad.

I took time to check the vehicle history if it was taken back during recall for update before I bought mine.

Wow! But this issue recently developed o
Re: My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears by easytig(m): 8:59am On May 17, 2023
Which gear fluid was put In there, anything apart from Toyota ws or at worst type t iv, should be flushed out asap or else you won't enjoy that car o
Cation25:

Re: My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears by easytig(m): 9:01am On May 17, 2023
Scan,scan, scan your car,buy scanner from jiji and use it
Re: My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears by Cation25(m): 9:01am On May 17, 2023
easytig:
Which gear fluid was put In there, anything apart from Toyota ws or at worst type t iv, should be flushed out asap or else you won't enjoy that car o

My mechanic used type T 4 when he serviced it.
Re: My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears by easytig(m): 9:06am On May 17, 2023
The right fluid should be ws,Don't trust those criminals,they will buy roadside cheap oil and claim they bought type tiv, always buy your fluid yourself, mechanic that will buy roadside own of 4k instead of original of 20k and pocket 16 k,they are that useless,get a scanner and get the codes
Cation25:

My mechanic used type T 4 when he serviced it.

2 Likes

Re: My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears by Cation25(m): 9:27am On May 17, 2023
easytig:
The right fluid should be ws,Don't trust those criminals,they will buy roadside cheap oil and claim they bought type tiv, always buy your fluid yourself, mechanic that will buy roadside own of 4k instead of original of 20k and pocket 16 k,they are that useless,get a scanner and get the codes
Okay. Thank you
Re: My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears by demolagilbert: 1:20pm On May 17, 2023
Cation25:

Okay. Thank you
I sell cars and car scanners🤚. Mention me if interested.
Re: My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears by Cation25(m): 2:58pm On May 19, 2023
xperiencelove:

A rewiring technician has diagnosed the car and the result happens to be the gear sensor. Two people that diagnosed it said the same thing. Should I go with this finding?
Re: My Camry 012 Jerk When Changing Gears by xperiencelove(m): 6:20am On May 21, 2023
Cation25:

A rewiring technician has diagnosed the car and the result happens to be the gear sensor. Two people that diagnosed it said the same thing. Should I go with this finding?

Yes, go with it but make sure they don't pollute your gear with sand. Pls, give update after the service.

(1) (Reply)

Peugeot No Start Issues, BSI,BSM,ECU / Too Much Noise From Front Legs Of Camry98 / Toyota Camry 96 Transmission Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.