Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,720 members, 7,847,902 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 10:39 AM

What I Saw At Baze University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What I Saw At Baze University (3878 Views)

Nigerian Law School Places 5-Year Ban On Datti Ahmed’s Baze University / 10th Convocation: 20-year-old Emerges Overall Best Student At Baze University / Baze Uni Throws Out 185 Amnesty Students Over Tuition During Exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Saw At Baze University by NoApology(m): 2:10pm On May 25, 2023
Saw this poster at the gate of baze university and i can't agree less.

Indeed, the easiest way to destroy a nation is to kill it's educational system.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Saw At Baze University by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 25, 2023
Once upon a time nigeria was thriving, before the advent of nepotism and quota system.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At Baze University by eddynaira125: 2:16pm On May 25, 2023
This document suppose dey every University and point of entry/Exit of every nation

12 Likes

Re: What I Saw At Baze University by respect80(m): 2:47pm On May 25, 2023
True words 👌

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Saw At Baze University by IkeIgboNiile(m): 3:01pm On May 25, 2023
The Nigerian educational system needs a complete overhaul and heavy investment.Our curriculum needs an upgrade and we need better teachers (technocrats) not those graduates who couldn't get jobs elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw At Baze University by clockwisereport: 4:01pm On May 25, 2023
Skankamola:
Once upon a time nigeria was thriving, before the advent of nepotism and quota system.

Nigeria has never thrived. It's all story, story and story

5 Likes

Re: What I Saw At Baze University by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 25, 2023
clockwisereport:

No sire, we once had functional refineries, steel plants, airlines, telecoms, seaports, but have all been left to decay thanks to nepotism and our beloved quota system, we could have been far ahead of china, and india if they were well managed.

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw At Baze University by shegzhkn: 5:42pm On May 25, 2023
This is exactly what I've been saying for long, take for example Nigeria rote learning approach will not solve it problems, it will only add to it.
Go back to the drawing board and figure out the system that will promote problem solving skills, creativity and critical thinking.
Re: What I Saw At Baze University by ovcwality(m): 5:47pm On May 25, 2023
Skankamola:

No sire, we once had functional refineries, steel plants, airlines, telecoms, seaports, but have all been left to decay thanks to nepotism and our beloved quota system, we could have been far ahead of china, and india if they were? well managed.
Telecoms? Steel plant? Seaports? And we would have been ahead of china? Like are you really serious grin
Re: What I Saw At Baze University by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 25, 2023
ovcwality:

Telecoms? Steel plant? Seaports? And we would have been ahead of china? Like are you really serious grin
Lol. The chinese corps are among the top revenue earners in the world, our nnpc, steel companies, telcos could have been there also if not for poor management. Our graduates here in the 70s could get jobs directly in the UK, but today....

6 Likes

Re: What I Saw At Baze University by Bintabisiriyu2: 9:05pm On May 25, 2023
Corruption is the number one thing that kills a nation,
Re: What I Saw At Baze University by Goodday90(m): 1:08am On May 26, 2023
And now some people done select one drug baron for the highest position in the land
Who we offend ?

1 Like

Re: What I Saw At Baze University by Benekkk: 1:20am On May 26, 2023
True, but putting it at the gates of all our universities won’t achieve anything. It’s too late for Nigeria - there’s no coming back from the point we have already reached.
Re: What I Saw At Baze University by Benekkk: 1:23am On May 26, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
The Nigerian educational system needs a complete overhaul and heavy investment.Our curriculum needs an upgrade and we need better teachers (technocrats) not those graduates who couldn't get jobs elsewhere.
That would only be tantamount to scratching the surface of the problem. You would need to change the orientation of everyone in this country from top to bottom. Is that goal feasible from now to eternity?
Re: What I Saw At Baze University by IkeIgboNiile(m): 1:38am On May 26, 2023
Benekkk
That would only be tantamount to scratching the surface of the problem. You would need to change the orientation of everyone in this country from top to bottom. Is that goal feasible from now to eternity?

To change the orientation of a whole nation, is no small feat and is not something that can be done overnight but a change in the curriculum will help groom the youths who'll later take over the country.
Re: What I Saw At Baze University by shortgun(m): 4:50am On May 26, 2023
Bintabisiriyu2:
Corruption is the number one thing that kills a nation,
Poor education births corruption.
When a person is properly educated they'll know the ills of corruption to themselves and the nation.

An educated person will not steal billions of Governments money in the hope to have a secured future for himself and his family cos he will know money doesn't guarantee anyone's future.
Re: What I Saw At Baze University by Bighead9: 5:19am On May 26, 2023
Skankamola:

Before you start your criticism, know this. Baze University is owned by an Aboki.

Re: What I Saw At Baze University by Poisonousman: 5:35am On May 26, 2023
Bighead9:

Before you start your criticism, know this. Baze University is owned by an Aboki.

Yes and that aboki naaa datti Ahmed .. the man Una steal him mandate

2 Likes

Re: What I Saw At Baze University by Bighead9: 5:48am On May 26, 2023
Poisonousman:

Yes and that aboki naaa datti Ahmed .. the man Una steal him mandate

Abeg where is your location? I want to send an Ambulance on standby. Cause you fit harm yourself when Tinubu is sworn in as President in few days time. grin grin grin

Re: What I Saw At Baze University by Jazzman01: 6:12am On May 26, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:

Where will the better teachers come from? See let me tell you, the vast majority of the graduates we are producing these days are half baked and it all starts from secondary schools. Private schools started this corrupt idea of helping students pass their exams because of their desperation to make money and generate profit. Today even some public schools have also embraced the idea.

It doesn't stop at secondary schools, most private higher institutions also patch their students all in the name of making money and generating profits.

Private schools are the root cause of the rot in our educational system. It doesn't end there, the issue of lack of discipline and moral decadence is also been Fostered by private schools. Majority of them cannot discipline their students out of the fear of losing them thereby losing their source of income and a decline in profit.
Re: What I Saw At Baze University by Poisonousman: 7:20am On May 26, 2023
Bighead9:

Abeg where is your location? I want to send an Ambulance on standby. Cause you fit harm yourself when Tinubu is sworn in as President in few days time. grin grin grin

You dey talk to who fit track you.. before you talk.. try reason.. make you no become victim of your own carelessness
Re: What I Saw At Baze University by melonsgroup: 8:58am On May 26, 2023
I can relate...

Adamu Adamu
Re: What I Saw At Baze University by Nobody: 10:03am On May 26, 2023
Bighead9:

And so?
Re: What I Saw At Baze University by Bintabisiriyu2: 10:08am On May 26, 2023
shortgun:
Poor education births corruption.
When a person is properly educated they'll know the ills of corruption to themselves and the nation.

An educated person will not steal billions of Governments money in the hope to have a secured future for himself and his family cos he will know money doesn't guarantee anyone's future.

i laughed so hard at this joke.
Re: What I Saw At Baze University by ItisWell22(f): 11:06am On May 26, 2023
clockwisereport:

As much as it has never thrived, it’s still getting worse by the day; that’s the concern now. 😢

No course in school is devoid of malpractice and bribery and it’s really disturbing… 😔
Re: What I Saw At Baze University by Adabestseason(m): 11:33am On May 26, 2023
Pass the information to WAEC and NECO.And this is the reason we should stop paper mentality.In hospitals names,schools attended of medical doctors should be boldly written on doors of their offices.
Re: What I Saw At Baze University by IkeIgboNiile(m): 11:50am On May 26, 2023
Jazzman01

We can't blame private schools for exploring opportunities left by the incompetence of government owned schools. Till date, private schools are still the best when compared to government owned schools because they have funding and the government owned schools don't. So funding will play an important role if education is to rise again.

Another means of improving our education is by appointing technocrats to lead their respective ministries. Imagine the current education minister saying that he didn't know anything about education before his appointment.

Yes even though some of our graduates are half baked, it doesn't mean that we don't have good graduates amongst our youths from where we can employ teachers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Auchi Poly Spat Resumption Date And The Reschedule 1st Semester Exam Time Table / Is This The Most Beautiful State University In Nigeria? Pictures & Video / Decomposing Body Of UNIZIK Student Found In Immaculate Hostel, Ifite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.