Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,339 members, 7,833,318 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ (23844 Views)

Florida Gov, De Santis Signs Bill Banning Kids Under 14 From Having SM Accounts / President Yoweri Museveni Doing Push-up And Jogging In Office (Video) / Journalist Kneels Down To Interview Muhoozi Kainerugaba, President Museveni Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Kojochyke(m): 4:04pm On May 29, 2023
fergie001:
Authorities have acknowledged that Uganda, which receives billions of dollars in foreign aid each year, could face sanctions over the legislation.

When Museveni signed a less restrictive anti-LGBTQ law in 2014, Western governments suspended some aid, imposed visa restrictions and curtailed security cooperation.

That law was nullified within months by a domestic court on procedural grounds.

UN Human Rights amongst the first to criticise the bill

UN Human Rights
R u a man or woman? Or are u one of d experimental products AKA trans?
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by justmondris: 4:09pm On May 29, 2023
Good
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by justmondris: 4:11pm On May 29, 2023
fergie001:
Authorities have acknowledged that Uganda, which receives billions of dollars in foreign aid each year, could face sanctions over the legislation.

When Museveni signed a less restrictive anti-LGBTQ law in 2014, Western governments suspended some aid, imposed visa restrictions and curtailed security cooperation.

That law was nullified within months by a domestic court on procedural grounds.

UN Human Rights amongst the first to criticise the bill

UN Human Rights
To hell with their aids. You cannot buy out souls and common sense all in the name of giving us aids.
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by coke75: 4:12pm On May 29, 2023
Femi8586:

I know your likes will ask how this bill add value to the lives of the citizens... But maybe you should as well tell us how acceptance of gays, lesbians, transgenders, homosexualism etc will add value to the lives of the citizens
That's easy.
It adds value to the lifes of gays, lesbians, transgenders. Who are citizens. shocked
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by coke75: 4:13pm On May 29, 2023
justmondris:

To hell with their aids. You cannot buy out souls and common sense all in the name of giving us aids.
Sorry, didn't know you are gay, because the only way you get aids from gay guy is by having sex with them grin
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Sassenach: 4:19pm On May 29, 2023
Macgyver1:
Very good development. I hope Tinubu signs same in Nigeria.
Nah! Tinubu is too educated and enlightened to sign such a draconian policy into law. It is one of the reasons most Nigerians are glad he is the president. Instead of the gay hating, Trump loving, Russia obsessed Biafran!
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by panafrican(m): 4:21pm On May 29, 2023
Great.
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by NinjaMetahuman: 4:21pm On May 29, 2023
CondenseMilk:

You think Africans are more corrupt than Americans?
yes. They are.

You can tell by the two societies.

I'm sure if they dash you American green card today with all their gay and ltbq, you won't think twice before jumping into airplane and possibly deny you are Nigerian in the process.

1 Like

Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Sassenach: 4:25pm On May 29, 2023
justmondris:

If they had common sense in the first place, they would be developed to a point where they wouldn’t need foreign aid. They lack common sense. And when the financial impact rears its head, they will be forced to adjust accordingly!
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by justmondris: 4:27pm On May 29, 2023
coke75:

Sorry, didn't know you are gay, because the only way you get aids from gay

guy is by having sex with them grin

Gay? Lolol read my comment over again and you know that I am in support of the new law.
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Femi8586(m): 4:35pm On May 29, 2023
coke75:

That's easy.
It adds value to the lifes of gays, lesbians, transgenders. Who are citizens. shocked

What values does it add? Name them undecided
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by coke75: 4:40pm On May 29, 2023
justmondris:

Gay? Lolol read my comment over again and you know that I am in support of the new law.
Ok, understand. You not gay, just afraid of getting aids when you have sex with gay guys. Try condoms.
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by CaptMarvel(m): 4:41pm On May 29, 2023
Correct
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by AbuAeesha: 4:45pm On May 29, 2023
Ex0rrcist:
Just imagine, stupid laws for what they choose not to understand. Imagine making a law for who two grown adult can love. Barbaric I would say.
You can sue him rather!
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by coke75: 4:47pm On May 29, 2023
Femi8586:

What values does it add? Name them undecided

like not being in imprisoned undecided
like not having to pay tax money for imprisoning gay people undecided
like not having to pay tax money for court cases undecided
like using police for actually going after real criminals and not wasting their time and resources undecided
like not having your scientists, doctors, engineers, etc. imprisoned because they might be gay undecided

1 Like

Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by AngelicBeing: 4:54pm On May 29, 2023
Sasi54:
Right way to go. To hell with all those gay stuff of a tin
Gbamsulotely, end of thread cheesy
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by RomanGreen: 5:02pm On May 29, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Exactly why should anybody be concerning themselves with what anyone else does?

Have you considered asking those western govt promoting transgenders why they are forcing everyone to accept that their abnormality? When you give birth to a boy, have the boy bleeped by a man then have your girl child bleeped by a woman...let's all be mad together...it doesn't concern me is the reason this madness is everywhere
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by samfrancis1(m): 5:12pm On May 29, 2023
mariahAngel:
What they need more is help, and not imprisonment (except in the case of sexual abuse) or death sentence because (the feeling of) homosexuality is a mental disorder.
They can't help the way they feel.

Although, to feel is one thing, and to act out your (inappropriate) feeling is another.
You mustn't give in to every feelings.

Another issue is, would they be willing to accept help?
they don’t need help.. they never change.. they’re just trying to prove what was never a point.. they just want to from woke and foreign.. it was never African culture so we don’t
Know how it became part of them..
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by samfrancis1(m): 5:13pm On May 29, 2023
Ex0rrcist:
Just imagine, stupid laws for what they choose not to understand. Imagine making a law for who two grown adult can love. Barbaric I would say.
Mr Barbaric go there and practice gay..
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by coke75: 5:13pm On May 29, 2023
RomanGreen:

Have you considered asking those western govt promoting transgenders why they are forcing everyone to accept that their abnormality? When you give birth to a boy, have the boy bleeped by a man then have your girl child bleeped by a woman...let's all be mad together...it doesn't concern me is the reason this madness is everywhere
It's hard to ask those western governments, because they don't exist. Nobody is 'promoting' anything.

1 Like

Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Tommydare(m): 5:26pm On May 29, 2023
Therapeutic sessions won't help shit. If it could, it would have. kiss
Benblaq:
I am a very liberal man who believes the earth is big enough to contain every body and their sexual preferences, although I still find it funny how people find their same gender sexually attractive.

The punishment is little above tough and brutal for LGBTQ anyways. I think therapeutic sessions will help, because we need talk to the LGBTQ bandwagons that life will go extinct if men married men and women married women. Peace ❤
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Tommydare(m): 5:26pm On May 29, 2023
One of them spotted.
abhosts:
Africans are very easy to distract and deceive. Watch as poor Ugandans that are victims of this despot's misrule celebrate this nonsense law that adds no value to their lives
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by justmondris: 5:27pm On May 29, 2023
coke75:

Ok, understand. You not gay, just afraid of getting aids when you have sex with gay guys. Try condoms.
Not just cool with some western countries forcing their bad habits on African countries just because they are giving us foreign aids with hidden motives
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by ibkayee(f): 5:31pm On May 29, 2023
abhosts:
Africans are very easy to distract and deceive. Watch as poor Ugandans that are victims of this despot's misrule celebrate this nonsense law that adds no value to their lives
Lol I’m telling you

1 Like

Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by coke75: 5:40pm On May 29, 2023
justmondris:

Not just cool with some western countries forcing their bad habits on African countries just because they are giving us foreign aids with hidden motives
You can't force people to be gay, you can't choose to be gay or straight. People can't choose who they find attractive.
Can someone force you to find a ugly girl attractive? No. Can someone force you to find a man attractive? No. Attraction is not a choice, that is why it is not possible to 'promote' gayness, you can only accept people how they are and regonize that it is none of your business.
I might find your wife ugly, but I don't care. None of my business.

Also, how come europe and USA have a lot less AIDs, when they have no anti-gay laws and are 'pro-gay' according to you?
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Flamemignon1(m): 5:45pm On May 29, 2023
cliqtips:

Thieves are different from armed robbers ma/sir.

Maybe you should find out about that.

In that case,let me lock in heterosexuality with it
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Flamemignon1(m): 5:49pm On May 29, 2023
phorget:

Hey you are free to do your thing but dont go near Uganda or you'll be sorry for yourself.
Whatever the NEWFLASH is but I wonder when your NEWFLASH will start making you walk on your head instead of using your legs.

I wonder how you feel comfortable sticking your D into another man's anus all in the name of NEWFLASH. Those females claiming lesbo are only joking cos at the end of the day they'll still have to stick something that looks like a D into their f**kg hole.

undecided undecided undecided
Later when they call y'all pervert,you complain so sex is the first thing that comes to your mind when you see a woman? No wonder y'all know nothing about love and that "WONDER" can be put to rest if you want me to show you how it's done
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by phorget(m): 5:54pm On May 29, 2023
Flamemignon1:

Later when they call y'all pervert,you complain so sex is the first thing that comes to your mind when you see a woman? No wonder y'all know nothing about love and that "WONDER" can be put to rest if you want me to show you how it's done

I wont expect any WONDER from you so no point showing me nothing. You can go on to show WONDERS to your fellow lost souls but I'll appeal to you never to go near Uganda cos they'll get hot coals into your already streached anus.
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by justmondris: 5:55pm On May 29, 2023
coke75:

You can't force people to be gay, you can't choose to be gay or straight. People can't choose who they find attractive.
Can someone force you to find a ugly girl attractive? No. Can someone force you to find a man attractive? No. Attraction is not a choice, that is why it is not possible to 'promote' gayness, you can only accept people how they are and regonize that it is none of your business.
I might find your wife ugly, but I don't care. None of my business.

Also, how come europe and USA have a lot less AIDs, when they have no anti-gay laws and are 'pro-gay' according to you?

I am talking about foreign aids
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Flamemignon1(m): 5:55pm On May 29, 2023
RomanGreen:

I'm sure on the "force" side, history will side with you afterall who started with forcing their own "sexuality" down our throats and is still doing so with conversion therapy and religious prejudice?
Moreover,no one is forcing you to do shit,no one is pointing a gun to your head to turn queer but just look at the law Uganda signed, it's the exact opposite
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Blackman7: 5:57pm On May 29, 2023
Same should be applied in nigeria.
Re: Death Penalty, Life Imprisonment: Museveni Signs Bill Criminalising LGBTQ+ by Flamemignon1(m): 6:00pm On May 29, 2023
phorget:

I wont expect any WONDER from you so no point showing me nothing. You can go on to show WONDERS to your fellow lost souls but I'll appeal to you never to go near Uganda cos they'll get hot coals into your already streached anus.
C'mon babe,let me make you shake as you witness a prostate orgasm for the first time....lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UK Sanctions Teodoro Obiang, Equatorial Guinea's VP, 4 Others Over Corruption / Syria Prepares For U.S. Attack / Elvira Nabiullina Wants To Resign Over Ukraine, Putin Says No

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.