Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,765 members, 7,827,837 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Matured Advice Needed Pls. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Matured Advice Needed Pls. (164 Views)

Are You Into ICT Or Business Development...advise Needed Pls / Advice Needed On How To Start Small Scale Production / Please I Need A Matured Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Matured Advice Needed Pls. by yemre: 11:06am On Jun 13, 2023
A church wants to hire me to play drum set for them on Sundays and I'm in the process of negotiating with them.

The question now is....a friend who knows about this arrangement is trying to caution me against billing a church of God that much rather I should allow the church pay or compensate me with whatever they deem fit because it is God's work.

I do not see it as God's work because I play in my own church (for free tho) but that's where I worship originally. So if you need my service, you've gat to pay!

What's your honest opinion on this?
Re: Matured Advice Needed Pls. by yrhuhfy113: 11:11am On Jun 13, 2023
yemre:
A church wants to hire me to play drum set for them on Sundays and I'm in the process of negotiating with them.

The question now is....a friend who knows about this arrangement is trying to caution me against billing a church of God that much rather I should allow the church pay or compensate me with whatever they deem fit because it is God's work.

I do not see it as God's work because I play in my own church (for free tho) but that's where I worship originally. So if you need my service, you've gat to pay!

BILL THE CHURCH HEAVILY

They didnt preach to you to become saved... you are already saved, they need your SKILL, ON A SUNDAY. Then its BUSINESS....BILL THEM BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THEY ORDERED FOR.... don't feel guilty, the same church will bring popular gospel artists who have their own drummers and pay them in millions.

See, calm down and make your money and move on. Even GOD will bless you.

1 Like

Re: Matured Advice Needed Pls. by Kobicove(m): 4:12pm On Jun 13, 2023
yemre:

Religion and business should never be mixed together. Charge them an appropriate but fair price
Re: Matured Advice Needed Pls. by MrBroke(m): 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2023
Pastor dey bill members, you too bill pastor nah. Nothing is free
Re: Matured Advice Needed Pls. by being(m): 6:31pm On Jun 13, 2023
First of all, it is church, u should have a sense of it is God's work..
Second d drumming it is for worship- which is a ministration not just painting or carrying camera. U must imagine yourself as a minister because that's what it is..
Ordinarily u should even be led by d Spirit on going to drum for them.. which brings me to the next point that as a minister, d best spiritual practice is not to charge... let them give you what they will.. it is even better to say u are ńot available than to be charging.
Sounds difficult but best sọ that greediness does not attach itself to this ur 'drumming ministry'
yemre:

(1) (Reply)

This Product Needs Distributors Nationwide. / Buying Cashapp Funds At a high rate / Sell All Your Paypal Funds Clean Or Not. Fnf And Gns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.