Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,264 members, 7,839,340 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) (54254 Views)

Lion Spotted Eating Grass In A Nigerian Zoo (Video) / Inside World’s Saddest Zoo With Blind Bear Locked In Cage For 30 Years (Photos) / World’s Worst Ever Zoo Attacks As Bears, Tigers& Gorillas Attack People(Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by zanebaddo(m): 12:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
It would be great if snow falls in Nigeria
with no infrastructure snow go come fall for Nigeria e be like say you wan kpai ....how people go take dey waka

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by Iseoluwani: 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2023
Hearnow:
Please if anybody can help me with any little amount to cook something to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen

Acct num:
Faithh
First Bank

U are back
Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by Bimpe29: 12:45pm On Jul 12, 2023
Yaa Hameedu, Yaa Majeed!
Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by Babaibeji2020(m): 12:51pm On Jul 12, 2023
Hearnow:
Please if anybody can help me with any little amount to cook something to eat I will be very happy. Feeding is a big problem for me and my family please no matter how small. I havent eaten anything since yesterday in the morning pls. My dad is a retired teacher and my mom is late. Am a single mother with my own son mouth to feed, the little money i make have use it to cater for my dad illness and pay house rent but his health is getting worst. Now we can't even eat or buy water to drink. Please if you're reading this message pls come to our aid, no matter how small it will go a long way pls. May God meet you at the point of your need as you have show us mercy amen

Acct num:
Faithh
First Bank
Shatap & go & look for menial work to do idiat.
If you have a phone,with data to access Nairaland, you're not hungry but you're certainly a thief!
There's no dignity in begging.......

1 Like

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by ZaddyJ: 12:58pm On Jul 12, 2023
Draslo:

With the level of poverty, God forbid!
North Korea and Afghanistan's poverty and hardship is worse than Nig yet dem get snow, how far? Can you explain y

3 Likes

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
popp:
SA dey inside African map but SA nobi Africa abeg

SA is located at the Southern hemisphere.

While the Northern hemisphere (Canada, US, UK etc) is experiencing Summer, the reverse is for them - Winter. Same with Australia and other countries in the same hemisphere.

When the Northern hemisphere is at winter time, the South hemisphere is at summer time.

GOD is good!

2 Likes

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:01pm On Jul 12, 2023
CaptainFM1:

There has always been snow in North and Southern Africa

Thanks for this.

Reading the comments this far, all I could see is simply lack of knowledge.
Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by OChimex: 1:04pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:

Don’t even go there at all. Nigeria doesn’t have the amenities and social status to accommodate snow. Countries with snow have steady electricity that way, people turn their heater on both at homes and business, and shower with hot water. Snow worst pass rain because when it’s raining people can go under the rain, but snow, you can’t or else you freeze to death. So there is need for adequate transportation. In most snow countries people own their cars, and they can go to day to day activities when it snows. People also drive newer cars that does well in snow and have modern technologies best for snow, like heated steering wheels and seats and 4x4, that is four wheel drive which does better in snow and have contraction; because the roads roads are slippery. There is also no open market business in snow Countries unlike Nigeria that have many open markets and streets trading, how will they survive without freezing to death?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:13pm On Jul 12, 2023
Starships4u:

It does,
Jos Plateau State...

Snow falls once in a while in Jos because Jos is very high above sea level. Jos is situated on a Plateau, the flat top of hill.

From ChatGPT:
Imagine you are climbing a really big mountain. As you climb up the mountain, you might notice that the land around you starts to become flat and level. That flat and level area is called a plateau.

A plateau is like a big, flat area of land that is higher than the land around it. It's kind of like a raised platform. It can be really big, covering a large area, or it can be small, like a raised hilltop.

Sometimes, plateaus are formed by the Earth's movements. Over a long, long time, the land can get pushed up, forming a plateau. Other times, plateaus are created when a river erodes the land around it, leaving a flat area.

People often use plateaus for different things. Some plateaus are used for farming because the soil on them is really good for growing crops. Others are used for building things like cities or even for tourists to visit because they can have beautiful views.

So, remember, a plateau is like a big, flat area of land that is higher than the land around it. It's like a raised platform on a mountain.
Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by youngking89(m): 1:33pm On Jul 12, 2023
This your format don cast
Hearnow:

Acct num:
Faithh
First Bank
Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by Olarewaju89: 1:46pm On Jul 12, 2023
Hearnow:

Acct num:
Faithh
First Bank

You just dey create new account every time to beg for money.

Very bad undecided
Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by Sleekfingers: 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2023
Pepper soup things.

1 Like

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by jidxin(m): 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2023
Treasure17:
Unilorin zoo can't relate.
stop it na, leave my alma nata outta this, besides it's not a zoo but a botanical garden

1 Like

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by pansophist(m): 2:04pm On Jul 12, 2023
See as animals healthy. Chai.

The lions in Nigerian Zoo have six packs.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by Perseverance127: 2:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
Starships4u:

It does,
Jos Plateau State...
dew not snow
Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by jidxin(m): 2:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

Snow falls once in a while in Jos because Jos is very high above sea level. Jos is situated on a Plateau, the flat top of hill.

From ChatGPT:
Imagine you are climbing a really big mountain. As you climb up the mountain, you might notice that the land around you starts to become flat and level. That flat and level area is called a plateau.

A plateau is like a big, flat area of land that is higher than the land around it. It's kind of like a raised platform. It can be really big, covering a large area, or it can be small, like a raised hilltop.

Sometimes, plateaus are formed by the Earth's movements. Over a long, long time, the land can get pushed up, forming a plateau. Other times, plateaus are created when a river erodes the land around it, leaving a flat area.

People often use plateaus for different things. Some plateaus are used for farming because the soil on them is really good for growing crops. Others are used for building things like cities or even for tourists to visit because they can have beautiful views.

So, remember, a plateau is like a big, flat area of land that is higher than the land around it. It's like a raised platform on a mountain.
brooooooooo stoppit. It has never snowed in Nigeria or Jos. It was just hailstone. Hailstones is not snow

1 Like

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by marooh: 2:13pm On Jul 12, 2023
Many any in this zoo live fine pass 98% of Nigeria citizen inside Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:17pm On Jul 12, 2023
jidxin:
brooooooooo stoppit. It has never snowed in Nigeria or Jos. It was just hailstone. Hailstones is not snow

Noted but it still doesn't disapprove that Jos is on a Plateau.
Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by Aurelius1(m): 2:23pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
The wickedness here alone is capable of preventing snow from falling.

2 Likes

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by Purvan(m): 2:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
TF

Mfs think winter is good thing

Wait till you get to scandinavia country and see what winter is about

Cold locked in your mf house for months like a nigger trapped in an asylum

1 Like

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by Starships4u(m): 2:45pm On Jul 12, 2023
Perseverance127:
dew not snow

Who be this?
Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by wiseone28: 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2023
TheOldGods:
this looks like UK. Why is the media no trending this. Sounds and looks fake to me
You are wise
Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by thecommunist(m): 2:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
be careful what you pray for. Snow in Nigeria may spell doom as it will affect everything especially agriculture and food production. Water will freeze , even our fake petrol will freeze. these may cause famine, and of course, we are not prepared for the snow, our houses are not built to keep the cold out and many may freeze to death.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by Burruchaga71(m): 3:17pm On Jul 12, 2023
Johannesburg zoo is far better than iragbiji.

SHAME!!

1 Like

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by thaoriginator: 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2023
Imagine sniffing cocaine in the snow*̣̥☆·͙̥❄‧̩̥࿌ིྀ྇˟͙☃️˟͙࿌ིྀ྇‧̩̥❄·͙̥̣☆*̣̥
Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by EcoNews: 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2023
Of course what else is to be expected from your bigoted fat useless head

Treasure17:

Never been to any of the mentioned locations. So rest.
Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by Hotice085: 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2023
Chamel:
Good to see snow in Africa

What good is there

1 Like

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by Draslo(m): 3:24pm On Jul 12, 2023
ZaddyJ:

North Korea and Afghanistan's poverty and hardship is worse than Nig yet dem get snow, how far? Can you explain y
No be by say Dem get snow or can I explain why. Geographically, they've been in that environment for long so they have evolved with it just like we've evolved with heat. Do you know how expensive winter clothes are? Many poor people in Naija today cannot even afford new clothes. How the hell do you want them to bundle up for winter. Many people will die freezing

1 Like

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 12, 2023
Flathead8:
Our sins too much that's why e no dey snow for Nigeria
Go school, you no gree. See you disgracing yourself on a public forum

2 Likes

Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by porthouse7(f): 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2023
WannaHowzit:
Residents of Johannesburg also enjoyed the snow. On Monday they woke up to the first snowfall since 2012.
I was in joburg the last time it snowed
Re: Johannesburg Zoo Shares Photos Of Animals Enjoying Recent Snow (PICS) by porthouse7(f): 3:40pm On Jul 12, 2023
OgaTheTop2:
Naija sin too much. No amount of snowfall can wash the sins away. God won't waste snowfalls on naija.
slow man sin Dey make snow fall

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Solar Eclipse Hits Nigeria (Video) / The Puff Adder We Killed Under My Neighbour's Orange Tree This Morning / Boy Kills Huge Cobra In Kogi After Invading His House. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.