Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,351 members, 7,843,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Detain For 3days - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Detain For 3days (126 Views)

Naira Value Drops For 3days In A Row, Now 15th Worst-performing Currency / Naira Value Drops For 3days In A Row, Now 15th Worst-performing Currency / Your Website Will Be Ready In 3days? See How This Is Possible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Detain For 3days by Goldymafia: 3:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
Barristers and business people in the house, I did a contract worth 27million, networking, point of sales, etc have bought all the stystem and done wiring, I was given money to buy all the networking equipment, server racks, switch etc..I ordered them from my suppliers, picked them up from the pack without checking and was taking it to the client house called the manager let's go and take stock...he said I should pick him up from the site when I drove to the site I met the oga, he said he want to see the items himself...when we tear all the items we discovered my supplier did not supply all..instead of giving me chance to explain...the man throw his glass at me, calling me a thieve called police they went through my phone and concluded I made 2million as profit and beat me up then threw me inside cell for 3days..without food and water and told on the 3rd day that condition for releasing me is I will pay 1.3million of the profit kep my car, and sign and agreement that whatever I do in. The site will not have issue for 5-10yrs time...I collected fairmoney loan of 1million borrowed other source and paid and release my self with bail of 180,000 barristers what do u think can I sue this man...do I have a case..they have been threatening me to come and sign the agreement....pls ops take it to front page is a matter of life and death.
Re: Detain For 3days by stacyadams: 4:01pm On Jul 12, 2023
Goldymafia:
Barristers and business people in the house, I did a contract worth 27million, networking, point of sales, etc have bought all the stystem and done wiring, I was given money to buy all the networking equipment, server racks, switch etc..I ordered them from my suppliers, picked them up from the pack without checking and was taking it to the client house called the manager let's go and take stock...he said I should pick him up from the site when I drove to the site I met the oga, he said he want to see the items himself...when we tear all the items we discovered my supplier did not supply all..instead of giving me chance to explain...the man throw his glass at me, calling me a thieve called police they went through my phone and concluded I made 2million as profit and beat me up then threw me inside cell for 3days..without food and water and told on the 3rd day that condition for releasing me is I will pay 1.3million of the profit kep my car, and sign and agreement that whatever I do in. The site will not have issue for 5-10yrs time...I collected fairmoney loan of 1million borrowed other source and paid and release my self with bail of 180,000 barristers what do u think can I sue this man...do I have a case..they have been threatening me to come and sign the agreement....pls ops take it to front page is a matter of life and death.
..the supplier nko?
Re: Detain For 3days by Goldymafia: 4:05pm On Jul 12, 2023
stacyadams:
..the supplier nko?
he has provide receipt to show all the items I bought..and the mistake was from him..and he is in Lagos am in delta
Re: Detain For 3days by Timoleon(m): 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2023
SUE
Re: Detain For 3days by PayEscrow: 4:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
Is this your first time of handling such projects?
Why I asked is because, when an Item or in this case, project materials are delivered or supplied, even before letting the delivery person off, you are supposed to cross-check against your receipt that all items are complete before confirming receiving them to the supplier. That is a first over-sight and mistake on your part.

Secondly, Pay 1.3mill out of your profit for what exactly? Bail or Bribe? You are handling a 27m project and you don't have a lawyer just a call away? How do you operate man?

I don't understand how a mundane matter like this degenerated into such big chaos, which means no form of trust was established between you and your clients from the very start.

By the time this one passes, you need to re-evaluate the way you run your business and develop processes that help you avoid scenarios like this.
Re: Detain For 3days by Wawelexy(m): 4:49pm On Jul 12, 2023
The person above me said it all

(1) (Reply)

Dstv!! / 6 Grave Blunders In Traffic And Lead Generation That Bleed Profits / 18karat Italian Golden Cuban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.