Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 - Travel (263) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 (274833 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Mindlog: 2:08pm On Apr 18
Zbk001:

Good morning,

Pls what advice would you give someone that want to apply for International accounting and finance (MAcc) or MSc in accounting and finance.

What do you think is your chance of getting UK skilled worker visa after graduation, with either of the degrees though I don't know if you have plans of returning to Nigeria or move somewhere else after stidies?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lexybaba1234: 6:37pm On Apr 18
Honestly getting a MSc in either of the degrees are good if the candidate is super rich to pay the school fees and the associated living cost.

But if someone is thinking he/she can work at 20 hours max per week to settle the school fees and make extra cash at the moment (without dependant) it is impossible/ extremely difficult. At this moment when MAC is currently reviewing PSW and nobody is sure of Thier final decision.

Another challenge is getting sponsorship at the moment especially in the accounting/finance field. Even getting cos in healthcare now is even complicated with the Cqc and other bottleneck

In summary coming to study in the UK is good if you are not planning to stay behind after your studies. And if you are rich to survive on study visa and have money to pay other associated bills. My honest advice.

Zbk001:

Good morning,

Pls what advice would you give someone that want to apply for International accounting and finance(MAcc) or MSc in accounting and finance.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Kenbert: 8:04pm On Apr 18
Hoelujohn:

Mind you, people dread pgce oo. I also have admission but don't know what to do with it yet. No time to work because you will be at your training school most times.

I’m currently on a Pgce program and I can tell you that it is a very intensive program. You will spend a day in the university mostly and 4 other days at a placement secondary school. If you must do a Pgce course be prepared financially because you won’t have enough time to work. However the stress would be worth it in the end if you plan ahead. I have 2 months left on the course and I have already gotten a job offer.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Cashmadam: 8:06pm On Apr 18
Zbk001:

Good morning,

Pls what advice would you give someone that want to apply for International accounting and finance(MAcc) or MSc in accounting and finance.

From what I've heard, jobs are very very scarce in the UK. Healthcare jobs are available.

In recent months, I have advised people to look at Canada, Australia etc.

UK is no longer worth the trouble and expense.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Hoelujohn: 8:13pm On Apr 18
Kenbert:

I’m currently on a Pgce program and I can tell you that it is a very intensive program. You will spend a day in the university mostly and 4 other days at a placement secondary school. If you must do a Pgce course be prepared financially because you won’t have enough time to work. However the stress would be worth it in the end if you plan ahead. I have 2 months left on the course and I have already gotten a job offer.
I was given admission for primary pgce at Sunderland. I will have to rely on working to balance the fees. I am scared of going through the journey
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Kenbert: 8:22pm On Apr 18
Hoelujohn:

I was given admission for primary pgce at Sunderland. I will have to rely on working to balance the fees. I am scared of going through the journey

I would advise you go for the secondary Pgce. I think it’s more easy to get a job in secondary schools than in primary school, especially in sciences. I work though but only on weekends. I’m only able to make ends meet because my wife is here.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Raalsalghul: 9:14am On Apr 19
Zbk001:

Good morning,

Pls what advice would you give someone that want to apply for International accounting and finance (MAcc) or MSc in accounting and finance.

Not the best time to go to the U.K. Too many anti-immigrant policies of late.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by LubeyNaijaBlog: 9:48am On Apr 19
yomifola:

Send an invite to them and let the so called family member apply for a UK visit visa. But on a contrary, the or she must be able to convince the VO that he or she has a strong home ties and also provide a solid proof of fund.

thank you, I also want to know if like a tb test is required, if there is like a fixed range for the POF and other requirements.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by roak: 10:44am On Apr 19
What center did you do the TB test? and how long ago was this?

martineverest:
for TB test,it's less crowded and faster...did mine and got my result within 25 minutes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by martineverest(m): 11:08am On Apr 19
roak:

What center did you do the TB test? and how long ago was this?

Ikeja.....just 3 days ago
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by yomifola(m): 11:30am On Apr 19
LubeyNaijaBlog:

thank you, I also want to know if like a tb test is required, if there is like a fixed range for the POF and other requirements.
Thanks

You will be applying for a standard visitor visa.

So.. if you are staying less than 6months, you don't need TB test but if your stay is above 6months, then TB test will be needed.

Pertaining to POF... That's the major factor or the most important aspect of you applying for a standard visitor visa. Your POF has to be solid, legit and precised.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by yomifola(m): 11:35am On Apr 19
Raalsalghul:

Not the best time to go to the U.K. Too many anti-immigrant policies of late.

Seriously,. people don't know this.

I don't just know what they see in the UK 😂

There are a lot of European countries u guys can apply to rather than UK .... Haba

Anyways... It's ur choice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Raalsalghul: 12:46pm On Apr 19
yomifola:

There are a lot of European countries u guys can apply to rather than UK .... Haba

Like?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by LubeyNaijaBlog: 12:58pm On Apr 19
yomifola:

You will be applying for a standard visitor visa.

So.. if you are staying less than 6months, you don't need TB test but if your stay is above 6months, then TB test will be needed.

Pertaining to POF... That's the major factor or the most important aspect of you applying for a standard visitor visa. Your POF has to be solid, legit and precised.

Thank you very much for the response, I just want to know the number of days/months the POF should be printed. He will also be staying less than 6 months.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by esamade(f): 1:21pm On Apr 19
Raalsalghul:

Like?

Co ask.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by ChiomaMC: 2:52pm On Apr 19
Hello people,
I need advise on two courses options.
Studying MSc Data Science and AI for a year, and MSc Social Work for two years
Please which one is better as per getting job after school in the UK
Also will I need to show proof of fund for two years incase I chose a two-year course?
Thanks for your input
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by roak: 3:36pm On Apr 19
martineverest:
Ikeja.....just 3 days ago

Thanks for the heads up. Just about booking mine now. What time did you arrive there? do they keep to appointment time?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by abuhusna1: 4:52pm On Apr 19
ChiomaMC:
Hello people,
Also will I need to show proof of fund for two years incase I chose a two-year course?
Thanks for your input
Both are good but their is job security in social work and sponsorship
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by abuhusna1: 4:53pm On Apr 19
yomifola:

You should know their is almost 70% down in numbers of nigerians going to the uk atm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by martineverest(m): 8:10pm On Apr 19
roak:

Thanks for the heads up. Just about booking mine now. What time did you arrive there? do they keep to appointment time?
my appointment was 9.30..i got there 8'oclock...they don't keep appointment time.u can even go there a day b4 your appointment.they will allow u...they are more concerned about proof of payment
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by martineverest(m): 8:11pm On Apr 19
ChiomaMC:
Hello people,
Thanks for your input
data science is hot cake o
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by martineverest(m): 8:13pm On Apr 19
yomifola:

language barrier is a major problem....Germany,Austria and Scandinavian countries are far better than UK..it's even easier to get citizenship of u can speak their languages
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Hoelujohn: 5:56am On Apr 20
yomifola:

4k pounds per month is the goal
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Gm88: 8:32am On Apr 20
Put all the money in your account ....no one cares how you made the money provided is in your savings account details with your full name...but incase you are ask during cas interview or visa interview you can just say.....the money is from the little savings you made and support from your family member elder brother or sister kalas
Teettyllayho:

I'm sorry to hear about your plight. I hope that things get better and you don't have to come back.

Yes, of course the entire POF doesn't belong to me and I totally understand your point. That's why I'm looking at cheaper schools. The only issue I have now is that I don't know if showing them I made the money from YouTube would affect my visa approval.

And I don't know if they won't ask me to submit documents showing how I made the money. I'm paying more than half the fees before moving and I'll balance up since I'll still be earning on Youtube while studying.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Teettyllayho: 9:14am On Apr 20
Gm88:
Put all the money in your account ....no one cares how you made the money provided is in your savings account details with your full name...but incase you are ask during cas interview or visa interview you can just say.....the money is from the little savings you made and support from your family member elder brother or sister kalas

Thank you for the reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Mindlog: 11:10am On Apr 20
yomifola:

Let us put into consideration that some people struggle with xenoglossophobia (foreign language anxiety) and can't imagine having their lives tied to learning a new language in order to survive.....UK is their plug and play!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Gerrard59(m): 12:38pm On Apr 20
martineverest:
language barrier is a major problem....Germany, Austria and Scandinavian countries are
far better than UK.. it's even easier to get citizenship of u can speak their languages

Apart from Germany and due to recent changes, it is not easy getting an OK job in any of the other countries as a black African, neither is it easy becoming a naturalised citizen. Thank God you did not mention Switzerland as some ignoramuses do.

You people that say there are other countries for Nigerians to emigrate to in Europe apart from the UK don't know what you are writing or thinking. None comes close and there are a 1000 and 1 reasons why that is so.

P.S. It is almost impossible to get a student visa interview, interview o not visa, at the German embassy in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Gerrard59(m): 12:40pm On Apr 20
Raalsalghul:

Like?

If he ever mentions any of such a country, please mention my moniker. Nigerians talk anyhow without evidence! Never seen such a loud set of humans. Open mouth waaaaaaaaaa

Nonsense!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Gerrard59(m): 12:45pm On Apr 20
Zbk001:

Good morning,

Judging from the minimum salary needed to sponsor a work visa and the major reason for Nigerians who japa, ensure it is a top rated university. Else you are better off going to Covenant University or Babcock to study such a course. Also, strictly career-wise, it is pointless to do an MSc in such a field. The standard way are relevant certifications: ICAN, ACCA, CAIA, CFA and the likes. The academic degree is usually an MBA. This is for anyone anywhere who wants to work in the finance field and it is a global phenomenon.

Don't go and be like that girl who went to GoFundMe earlier this year, yet was clubbing last December. Course of study? Hotel Management!

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by MiKiel: 1:56pm On Apr 20
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by Impecca(m): 3:56pm On Apr 20
Chomyg:
Good morning all, please I need suggestions of schools and MREs program for a civil engineering. I couldn’t get much from google. Also hope I will come with my dependent on a MRES study program? Thank you.
What's MRES?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 by lastkingsman: 4:32pm On Apr 20
Gerrard59:

Apart from Germany and due to recent changes, it is not easy getting an OK job in any of the other countries as a black African, neither is it easy becoming a naturalised citizen. Thank God you did not mention Switzerland as some ignoramuses do.

You people that say there are other countries for Nigerians to emigrate to in Europe apart from the UK don't know what you are writing or thinking. None comes close and there are a 1000 and 1 reasons why that is so.

P.S. It is almost impossible to get a student visa interview, interview o not visa, at the German embassy in Nigeria.

What recent changes are you referring to?

(1) (2) (3) ... (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (Reply)

The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant / Uk Visa - Visa Appeal Process / Bus Fare Within Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.