Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,771 members, 7,848,053 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 02:43 PM

Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? (2732 Views)

Think Well Before You ‘Japa’ — Nigerian Man Shows Homeless People In US (Video) / My Japa Relocation To Moscow Russia / To All Japa Gang. It's Not Easy Anywhere (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by GloriousGbola: 1:47am On Jul 27, 2023
cococandy:

The election really did damage. one of my long time friends (I’m talking primary school) is even in APC as a politician grin. Small girl oh. She just entered politics so that she can work her way up to contest in the near future. I can’t blame her because that’s the party where she could find support and people to take her seriously being so young. But we just don’t discuss politics to avoid heavy feelings and harsh words. I’ve learned some things are best left alone because people really get deep in their feelings when beliefs and politics are involved. But man it was something when the votes were being counted. Ha

And that is the summary.

We all inevitably have friends even on this board with opposing political views. Best both of us can do in those cases is ignore /unlook unless it is way too extreme. Especially in Nigerian politics where the same politicians will still meet and laugh later.
Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by cococandy(f): 1:56am On Jul 27, 2023
Yea I usually can’t get myself to overlook extremes but otherwise I agree. The best bet is to been unlook and ignore. You’re absolutely correct .
GloriousGbola:

And that is the summary.

We all inevitably have friends even on this board with opposing political views. Best both of us can do in those cases is ignore /unlook unless it is way too extreme. Especially in Nigerian politics where the same politicians will still meet and laugh later.
Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by Acidosis(m): 3:00am On Jul 27, 2023
XAUBulls:

@Acidosis,
[s]Get your facts clear here so that others are NOT mislead.

It is Lagos Island, NOT Lagos State was the administrative capital of Nigeria from 1914 to 1991.

Lagos State ONLY came into existence for the first time in May 27, 1967 when General Yakubu Gowon created the state and 11 other new states for the indigenes. 95 percent of the total land area of today's Lagos State was carved out from what is now Ogun State in 1967. The bearded young rebel and his gang rejected the 12 new states creation and declared secession 3 days later.

Last but NOT least, the last highly defamatory paragraph that you carelessly wrote up there will get you into deep trouble! There is no absolute freedom anywhere in the world to defame and mislead others. [/s]

I remember I once cautioned you about some of the highly toxic posts you make online. There is NO anonymity online and you can and will be brought to justice in the court of law for criminal defamation of character.

"Get your facts right" yhen yhen yhen and you ended up saying NOTHING. My post clearly showed "Lagos" but in your ignorance, you added "state" to tell a story no one asked you..! The essence of that post is pretty obvious. The mass migration to Lagos didn't start today. Lagos has always been a choice destination from way back.

You won't tell an adult what and how to react. As a bloody nobody and stalker that you are, it would be nice to follow me for more painment. I'm obviously not here to entertain you.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by Acidosis(m): 3:12am On Jul 27, 2023
Klass99:

And long after Lagos stopped being Nigeria's capital what happened to the state? It pretty much fell apart and started to crumble before it was rehabilitated to a vibrant economic hub.

Acid, I am sure you know damn well what I meant in my entire post, so don't make me dance this dance with you. I am really not in a good mood and this guy just exacerbated it for me with his foolishness.

These are subjective opinions. And yes, you're entitled to your opinions.
Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by XAUBulls: 6:36am On Jul 27, 2023
Acidosis:

"Get your facts right" yhen yhen yhen and you ended up saying NOTHING. My post clearly showed "Lagos" but in your ignorance, you added "state" to tell a story no one asked you..! The essence of that post is pretty obvious. The mass migration to Lagos didn't start today. Lagos has always been a choice destination from way back.

You won't tell an adult what and how to react. As a bloody nobody and stalker that you are, it would be nice to follow me for more painment. I'm obviously not here to entertain you.
This is ridiculous... I stalk nobody! The only time I read your posts is when they get to be posted on front page threads like this.

I have been a veteran member of NL since 2005 and since I first noticed your moniker, I have been reading posts because you seemed objective. However within the last 2 years, I started seeing some toxicity in some of them and called your attention to it.

You may think you are an adult, but adulthood comes with absolute RESPONSIBILITY and you should know NOT to CONSISTENTLY defame a man on an open discussion forum by calling him a drug baron repeatedly even when the U.S. authorities NEVER sent him to jail in 1993... and as far back as 2003, the U.S. Consulate through their Legal Department and lawyer declared that the man [Tinubu] who is the current President that you carelessly insulted here has NO criminal case in the U.S.! Any intelligent person should be able to deduce as of 2023 that this man was never a drug baron. Defamation is a criminal offence online and offline. Period.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by XAUBulls: 6:42am On Jul 27, 2023
Klass99:

Kindly leave me out of your ramblings, nonsense and stupidity. You don't know jack about me, my personal beliefs, values or ideologies.

Yes, I admire and respect President Tinubu because he, his predecessors and successors (Lateef Jakande, Mobolaji Johnson, Raji Fashola etc) made Lagos State an enabling and empowering environment where I could migrate to, from my home state to make and earn a living.

Lagos State has been good and favourable to me. I have thrived and flourished in this state through different work opportunities, training opportunities and the human resources, I've been exposed to. Opportunities and experiences which I cherish and appreciate. If my state governors (past and present) had done what Jagaban and his predecessors did in Lagos, I wouldn't be here and I never would have left my home state in the first place, in search of a productive and meaningful life.

Is there anything wrong with applauding one of the men/ex governors (Jagaban) who has contributed to a meaningful life for me? Some of you who run your dirty mouths waaaa on this forum insulting him day and night, were or are in the same boat as me. You left your home states for Lagos, you have reasonably done well in Lagos, better than you could have ever done in your states, yet you lack basic courtesy and respect for the man and his achievements. Is he your mate?

Why don't you guys move back to your home states or better still move to Peter Obi's Anambra State and see if you can achieve what you have in Lagos or if your lives will be any better in those places. The only person practising witchcraft here is you with this bullshit thread of yours. I gave someone candid advice on what I honestly thought would benefit him more, without ulterior motives on my part, based on what he shared and you create a shallow thread tagging me in it.

FYI, I don't have political affiliations with the APC, PDP or any political party. If I am impressed by the actions/achievements of a person or persons, I will applaud them and not concern myself about what political party they belong to. I am not pro -japa or anti-japa, either, I am a japa with sense kind of person and I don't need to explain myself to you.

Is this really about me supporting Jagaban? Or is this about the fact that I admired and applauded Sukkot for keeping his cool and maintaining a respectful attitude, when you and others were unjustifiably rude/insulting to him, on a thread people were engaging respectfully with playful banter until you arrived with your vile and nasty attitude. Were you pained because of that post about Sukkot? Because I recall you quoted me even when I wasn't talking to you, so now you feel the need to lump me in with people you don't like. Don't choke on your own bile towards others

Please respect yourself and stay in your lane! If you suffer from an inferiority complex where you believe the white man's land and things are better I DON'T. I am also in a very foul mood today, don't make me take it out on you.

Nicely put Klass99.

I like your largely positive thought energy. Some people do not seem to realise that thoughts are things. We all live in a state of vibration and these have effects in our lives... Physically and internally.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by pocohantas(f): 6:46am On Jul 27, 2023
Klass99:

I'm smiling and shaking my head @ leave Klass for me! He shouldn't even been dragging anyone like this for their views. Is this not the problem we have on NL? Where people can't comment freely without nasty elements like this being on their case or carrying them in mind soootaaay they create a whole thread about them.

I am here for only you baby. The men can take care of themselves. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by sukkot: 6:50am On Jul 27, 2023
Klass99:

Kindly leave me out of your ramblings, nonsense and stupidity. You don't know jack about me, my personal beliefs, values or ideologies.

Yes, I admire and respect President Tinubu because he, his predecessors and successors (Lateef Jakande, Mobolaji Johnson, Raji Fashola etc) made Lagos State an enabling and empowering environment where I could migrate to, from my home state to make and earn a living.

Lagos State has been good and favourable to me. I have thrived and flourished in this state through different work opportunities, training opportunities and the human resources, I've been exposed to. Opportunities and experiences which I cherish and appreciate. If my state governors (past and present) had done what Jagaban and his predecessors did in Lagos, I wouldn't be here and I never would have left my home state in the first place, in search of a productive and meaningful life.

Is there anything wrong with applauding one of the men/ex governors (Jagaban) who has contributed to a meaningful life for me? Some of you who run your dirty mouths waaaa on this forum insulting him day and night, were or are in the same boat as me. You left your home states for Lagos, you have reasonably done well in Lagos, better than you could have ever done in your states, yet you lack basic courtesy and respect for the man and his achievements. Is he your mate?

Why don't you guys move back to your home states or better still move to Peter Obi's Anambra State and see if you can achieve what you have in Lagos or if your lives will be any better in those places. The only person practising witchcraft here is you with this bullshit thread of yours. I gave someone candid advice on what I honestly thought would benefit him more, without ulterior motives on my part, based on what he shared and you create a shallow thread tagging me in it.

FYI, I don't have political affiliations with the APC, PDP or any political party. If I am impressed by the actions/achievements of a person or persons, I will applaud them and not concern myself about what political party they belong to. I am not pro -japa or anti-japa, either, I am a japa with sense kind of person and I don't need to explain myself to you.

Is this really about me supporting Jagaban? Or is this about the fact that I admired and applauded Sukkot for keeping his cool and maintaining a respectful attitude, when you and others were unjustifiably rude/insulting to him, on a thread people were engaging respectfully with playful banter until you arrived with your vile and nasty attitude. Were you pained because of that post about Sukkot? Because I recall you quoted me even when I wasn't talking to you, so now you feel the need to lump me in with people you don't like. Don't choke on your own bile towards others

Please respect yourself and stay in your lane! If you suffer from an inferiority complex where you believe the white man's land and things are better I DON'T. I am also in a very foul mood today, don't make me take it out on you.

nicely put Klass. I like your outlook and perspective in life. To be appreciative is a blessing and how more blessings flow to you . These obedients be out here tripping hard and wonder why they are strangers everywhere lol. You can never be a stranger when you are appreciative. People embrace you more

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by Acidosis(m): 7:32am On Jul 27, 2023
XAUBulls:

I stalk nobody! The only time I read your posts is when they get to be posted on front page threads like this.

I have been a veteran member of NL since 2005 and since I first came across your moniker, I have been reading them because you seemed objective. Within the last 2 years, I started seeing some toxicity in some of them and called your attention to it. Yes you may think you are an adult, but it adulthood comes with absolute responsibility and you should know not to defame a man on an open discussion forum. by calling him a drug baron repeatedly even the U.S. authorities NEVER sent him to jail in 1993 and as far back as 2003, the U.S. Consulate through their Legal Department and lawyer declared that the man who is the current President that you carelessly insulted here has NO criminal case in the U.S. Any intelligent person should be able to deduce as of 2023 that this man was never a drug baron. Defamation is a criminal offence online and offline. Period.

Next time you see my post, just jump and pass (keep scrolling). The toxicity in me will continue as far as and as long as evil and wickedness of men exist. My conscience motivates me to posts; I'm not motivated by how I want to be perceived.
And as you may have observed, I don't know you. So clearly, your opinion as to how I express myself didn't count then... wouldn't count now. I'm not sorry.

Whether your jagaban was sent to jail or not is not my business, to be honest. I'm just worried about the fact that you know so much about this man and you didn't join his lawyers and spokespersons to deny "the $400k" forfeiture?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by Treadway: 8:52am On Jul 27, 2023
Acidosis:

Next time you see my post, just jump and pass (keep scrolling). The toxicity in me will continue as far as and as long as evil and wickedness of men exist. My conscience motivates me to posts; I'm not motivated by how I want to be perceived.
And as you may have observed, I don't know you. So clearly, your opinion as to how I express myself didn't count then... wouldn't count now. I'm not sorry.

Whether your jagaban was sent to jail or not is not my business, to be honest. I'm just worried about the fact that you know so much about this man and you didn't join his lawyers and spokespersons to deny "the $400k" forfeiture?
well said bro.

Lagos where virtually all the major firms have been headquartered before dem born Tinubu papa na him dem say he build. Megacity wey no even get tap water. The thing wey pain me pass is how we see the truth and fail to say it. Instead bros Sukkot say we should be appreciative. Appreciate a man whose only source of immense wealth is holding and milking a state since 1999, sotey his entire family get straws wey dem dey use suck am, openly o, not even hidden. We should be grateful for rogues that have taken us backward 100 years and make us have to toil and improvise and struggle needlessly sotey everyone say make we 'japa', and we wey no wan japa are perceived as people with no future ambition. All this talk of dollar, as of 2014 I had visited 3 countries self-sponsored, while my company then sponsored another 3 as a gift for meeting sales targets. I took my wife (then girlfriend) to Dubai self-sponsored in 2015, I never even marry am oooo. I bought a watch for fun for 1k dollars, I was buying items on Amazon in thousands of dollars sometimes twice a year (mostly for resale)

Which among all those things can I conveniently do now?? Even the company I left no fit do am, much less me an individual.

Wetin my peers back then get? Funny thing is, I wasn't really earning big money o....But now everybody is pressing calculator and shikini 20dols na 18k. Sotey people are advised to even be homeless in the anglo-west than be a boss in Nigeria. My friends overseas then didn't have what I had, no be mouth. Dem no dey press calculator for Jona time of 150 to a dollar. Except those with good jobs (of which I didn't know any) all of them blokes only had fine pictures to offer, ba kudi!!

But yea I should be appreciative that these bastards have made the country a desolate place in just 8 years, and are clearly on track to make the next 4-8years the worst ever. E Kare!. Cococandy and Sukkot go dey pity and help Nigerians. I no dey appreciative kan kan o. Na will power and brain I dey use eke out my living, no be say Naija support me or give me any thing, as dem take their subsidies I no even care, the only painful thing is it will certainly all still be stolen as it has always been and we all will witness it, and surely some will still defend it like they are defending Lagos as the city Tinubu supposedly built, like mile2 - IBA road revamp that has taken 18yrs now. Make una dey clap dey go o. We go see where the country go end laipe yi. The beautiful thing about time is that it passes very very quickly.

Lastly, I can only imagine what APC supporters would have said/done had PO made his personal company collect 20% of all revenue generated in his state from when he was governor till date, made his daughter the head of markets to collect revenue there too from then till this day, made one of his boys the head of garages to collect there too from then till this day, and planted his wife in the senate since 1999 amongst others...e for loud gan. Nigerians will utterly deserve whatever APC does to this country, as dem see even 100k votes, e mean say many people still need to learn a thing or two.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by sukkot: 9:30am On Jul 27, 2023
Treadway:
well said bro.

Lagos where virtually all the major firms have been headquartered before dem born Tinubu papa na him dem say he build. Megacity wey no even get tap water. The thing wey pain me pass is how we see the truth and fail to say it. Instead bros Sukkot say we should be appreciative. Appreciate a man whose only source of immense wealth is holding and milking a state since 1999, sotey his entire family get straws wey dem dey use suck am, openly o, not even hidden. We should be grateful for rogues that have taken us backward 100 years and make us have to toil and improvise and struggle needlessly sotey everyone say make we 'japa', and we wey no wan japa are perceived as people with no future ambition. All this talk of dollar, as of 2014 I had visited 3 countries self-sponsored, while my company then sponsored another 3 as a gift for meeting sales targets. I took my wife (then girlfriend) to Dubai self-sponsored in 2015, I never even marry am oooo. I bought a watch for fun for 1k dollars, I was buying items on Amazon in thousands of dollars sometimes twice a year (mostly for resale)

Which among all those things can I conveniently do now?? Even the company I left no fit do am, much less me an individual.

Wetin my peers back then get? Funny thing is, I wasn't really earning big money o....But now everybody is pressing calculator and shikini 20dols na 18k. Sotey people are advised to even be homeless in the anglo-west than be a boss in Nigeria. My friends overseas then didn't have what I had, no be mouth. Dem no dey press calculator for Jona time of 150 to a dollar. Except those with good jobs (of which I didn't know any) all of them blokes only had fine pictures to offer, ba kudi!!

But yea I should be appreciative that these bastards have made the country a desolate place in just 8 years, and are clearly on track to make the next 4-8years the worst ever. E Kare!. Cococandy and Sukkot go dey pity and help Nigerians. I no dey appreciative kan kan o. Na will power and brain I dey use eke out my living, no be say Naija support me or give me any thing, as dem take their subsidies I no even care, the only painful thing is it will certainly all still be stolen as it has always been and we all will witness it, and surely some will still defend it like they are defending Lagos as the city Tinubu supposedly built, like mile2 - IBA road revamp that has taken 18yrs now. Make una dey clap dey go o. We go see where the country go end laipe yi. The beautiful thing about time is that it passes very very quickly.

Lastly, I can only imagine what APC supporters would have said/done had PO made his personal company collect 20% of all revenue generated in his state from when he was governor till date, made his daughter the head of markets to collect revenue there too from then till this day, made one of his boys the head of garages to collect there too from then till this day, and planted his wife in the senate since 1999 amongst others...e for loud gan. Nigerians will utterly deserve whatever APC does to this country, as dem see even 100k votes, e mean say many people still need to learn a thing or two.
lol you Dey para oooo Chief. When I say appreciative I don’t mean appreciative of tinubu or even the political class, I mean appreciative of the common man on the street. If I move to the east I will try to blend in and be very appreciative and will respect their customs. I will not be following them to drag land or their politics or be calling them scratch face hydraulic soup ewedu gobblers. So I am not saying be appreciative of tinubu but of the peoples culture and customs . You don’t go somewhere to be competing with them, you go to blend in with them.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by Klass99(f): 9:55am On Jul 27, 2023

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:58am On Jul 27, 2023
Treadway:
well said bro.

I really hate those who brought APC into power. That party is a poverty generating disaster.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by lastkingsman: 10:09am On Jul 27, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I really hate those who brought APC into power. That party is a poverty generating disaster.

Let the poooor breeffff!!!

I saw a video of Akpabio yesterday and for real tears rolled down my face. These guys are blood sucking demons in human clothing. Tufiakwa

2 Likes

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by Raalsalghul: 10:44am On Jul 27, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Vawulence everywhere.
Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by orjibra1: 12:03pm On Jul 27, 2023
grin
Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 27, 2023
Treadway:
well said bro.

We will surely be far away In a Serene Nation when the Shiiithole will Comsume them All.

It will be too late to Run then.
Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by Treadway: 12:10pm On Jul 27, 2023
sukkot:
lol you Dey para oooo Chief. When I say appreciative I don’t mean appreciative of tinubu or even the political class, I mean appreciative of the common man on the street. If I move to the east I will try to blend in and be very appreciative and will respect their customs. I will not be following them to drag land or their politics or be calling them scratch face hydraulic soup ewedu gobblers. So I am not saying be appreciative of tinubu but of the peoples culture and customs . You don’t go somewhere to be competing with them, you go to blend in with them.
alright. I misunderstood that part niyen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by Acidosis(m): 12:20pm On Jul 27, 2023
Treadway:
well said bro.

Boss, it's evident from your post that you have a deep understanding of the issues and their impact on everyone, whether we all agree or not. The most painful aspect is the "un-noticeable" decline in living standards. And when I use "un-noticeable," I mean that many poor populations in Nigeria are completely unaware of the mess they've found themselves in. It's beyond just our earnings now; the collapsed and highly disturbing system is real. I don't know about others but I feel really poor going out every week to buy and ration fuel for gen (energy poverty).

The problem isn't affordability; it's the broken and dysfunctional system. Many people mistakenly believe they are excluded from the multidimensional poverty report because they earn decent money.

On the issue of respect for a so called Lagos landlord, I'd rather pretend I didn't read that. I have relatives who have been in Lagos since the 80s, and all of a sudden, because of one man's crooked ambition in 2023, they are being treated like "strangers" who should be alienated and banned from participating in political affairs in a cosmopolitan state? It's outrageous fr! Even a son of the soil, Jimi Agbaje, has become a nonentity because of this same man!

The election was an eye-opener, not necessarily because of the choices people made, but the reasons behind their choices were baffling. I saw people who clearly wanted Tinubu simply because they didn't want an Igbo man to be president. Dem no even hide am. Saw people who disliked Obi and his ambitions because an Igbo woman/man somewhere broke their heart many years ago. It's unbelievable the things I saw.

I am not a hypocrite either. Many times on this platform, I've criticised the governor of my state, but since I don't live there, there's only so much I can truly know. The man hasn't even paid my parents' gratuities despite calling him out here and on Twitter, but we read here on Nairaland about how his wife bought around 100 million naira ride while people were struggling with flooding. Why would anyone not hate these animals?! Ahhh

For many people, being in Lagos is probably because of its proximity to certain private sector services. As for me, I can't even explain why I am here. I say this all the time; I could wake up tomorrow, grab my bag, and head off to Abuja or my village. My work would continue regardless. This has been my trend for over 13 years. It won't stop tomorrow and my criticisms won't stop for as long as bad governance persist.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by dragunov: 12:46pm On Jul 27, 2023
sukkot:

Don't mind the minified baboon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by emmaodet: 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2023
Klass99:

grin Fear not I am in a better mood today! We all have our moments of 5 minutes madness and I was seeing red yesterday because this is how people set you up for trolls and bullies on this forum, by peddling lies and false statements about you. You ignore them once or twice and they keep it up, it was necessary to set this one straight. I am sure I will catch you in your element of 5 minutes madness one day, because they'll always be people who provoke and instigate discord/hate with their acrimonious posts or threads.

grin grin

Sure

There are annoying monikers here and someone will explode when pushed to the wall.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by Acidosis(m): 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2023
sukkot:

I hope you realize that these nasty comments are somewhat mutual. And when you say "go somewhere," you can't be so certain that those making those nasty comments online are actually "going to Lagos" or any part of yoruba land.

I also hope you realize that many of these nasty comments and physical attacks became widespread because Obi got a massive support base.

It's really funny how damaged Nigeria has become because of political desperation. Growing up, my Yoruba language was really bad. When I got into Uni, I found myself among Igbos. These guys spoke the best Yoruba I knew at that time because they live in Lagos. My point? People who don't want to blend with you won't learn your language in the first place.

Another point? The whole nasty attacks blew up only recently because they were sponsored by politicians. We all are witnesses to these events.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by cococandy(f): 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2023
undecidedCasually mentioning me like I don’t have beef with you undecided well let’s pretend like it’s nonexistent today. undecided

I agree . I clearly remember when dollar was 150 and then towards the end of GEJs tenure it rose a bit (I forget the final number) and they wanted his head on a spike.

Now we are just going to act like dollar being 850 is somehow not too terrible because the people we want in power are the ones in power: okay.

Anyway I’m not pro japa by all means necessary. I get easily misunderstood so I don’t want anyone to think that’s what I’m saying here..
Treadway:
well said bro.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by XAUBulls: 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2023
Acidosis:

Ogbeni, that bolded part is NEVER gonna happen. This is an open discussion forum and we can comment on any toxic posts here and flag any post or troll for banning and for NL rules violations. It is our prerogative to call others to order here.

If you truly have a conscience like you just said, YOU would never say anything defamatory here by calling that man a "drug baron" despite all the evidence I provided here from the U.S. authorities. If the man was a drug baron, the U.S. would have sent him to jail since 1993 and even blocked his Presidential bid because the U.S. has zero-tolerance for drug barons and drug trafficking.

He is not a close fan of mine, BUT I clearly detest when some morally bankrupt people spread a lot of falsehood about others and this is why I called you out. Regardless of whether you or anyone feels offended by what these folks or politicians and the military dictators have done in that country for years now, my take is that it is IMPROPER to peddle lies and say things that they didn't do. Period

2 Likes

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 27, 2023
Acidosis:

Boss, it's evident from your post that you have a deep understanding of the issues and their impact on everyone, whether we all agree or not. The most painful aspect is the "un-noticeable" decline in living standards. And when I use "un-noticeable," I mean that many poor populations in Nigeria are completely unaware of the mess they've found themselves in. It's beyond just our earnings now; the collapsed and highly disturbing system is real. I don't know about others but I feel really poor going out every week to buy and ration fuel for gen (energy poverty).

The problem isn't affordability; it's the broken and dysfunctional system. Many people mistakenly believe they are excluded from the multidimensional poverty report because they earn decent money.

On the issue of respect for a so called Lagos landlord, I'd rather pretend I didn't read that. I have relatives who have been in Lagos since the 80s, and all of a sudden, because of one man's crooked ambition in 2023, they are being treated like "strangers" who should be alienated and banned from participating in political affairs in a cosmopolitan state? It's outrageous fr! Even a son of the soil, Jimi Agbaje, has become a nonentity because of this same man!

The election was an eye-opener, not necessarily because of the choices people made, but the reasons behind their choices were baffling. I saw people who clearly wanted Tinubu simply because they didn't want an Igbo man to be president. Dem no even hide am. Saw people who disliked Obi and his ambitions because an Igbo woman/man somewhere broke their heart many years ago. It's unbelievable the things I saw.

I am not a hypocrite either. Many times on this platform, I've criticised the governor of my state, but since I don't live there, there's only so much I can truly know. The man hasn't even paid my parents' gratuities despite calling him out here and on Twitter, but we read here on Nairaland about how his wife bought around 100 million naira ride while people were struggling with flooding. Why would anyone not hate these animals?! Ahhh

For many people, being in Lagos is probably because of its proximity to certain private sector services. As for me, I can't even explain why I am here. I say this all the time; I could wake up tomorrow, grab my bag, and head off to Abuja or my village. My work would continue regardless. This has been my trend for over 13 years. It won't stop tomorrow and my criticisms won't stop for as long as bad governance persist.

You made so many good points.

Favouritism, Nepotism, Segregation, Tribalism.

Being a True descendant of Awori Clan. I find it very disturbing how everything has turned out.

It's jusy very unfortunate.

1 Like

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by Klass99(f): 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2023
Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by GloriousGbola: 7:52pm On Jul 27, 2023
Klass99:

Klass99, the queen of the memory hole cry
Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by Klass99(f): 7:57pm On Jul 27, 2023

3 Likes

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by kkins25(m): 8:37pm On Jul 27, 2023
Klass99:

Some arguments are truly pointless and unproductive, they drag out an issue, don't add value and are a serious waste of time/energy.

That is why I deleted my last post, don't worry it was nothing dramatic or gbas gbos in nature. You didn't miss anything. I know most of you thrive on other people's drama grin

Deleting violence. 😒

1 Like

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by Klass99(f): 8:43pm On Jul 27, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Why Are APC Supporters Against Relocation (japa)? by kkins25(m): 10:38pm On Jul 27, 2023
Klass99:

🤣 Just lookatchu and your pained emoji. It was not violent but there's violence on page one enjoy it while it lasts.
😂
At first i thought you were booking space. After committing violence, then you wipe evidence. So that they wee say she's a nice girl. 😂😂 Kwantinuee...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aviation Unions Warn International Affiliates Not To Fly Into Nigeria / Why Do Nigerians Don't Help Themselves In Overseas Like Other Country Do. / Is 3 Million Naira Enough To Move To Uk Or Europe ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 167
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.