Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,219 members, 7,839,165 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate (37323 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu At Reception For Prince Harry And Meghan Markle / Supreme Court Verdict: Tinubu Wins Legal Victory, Lacks Legitimacy - Olu Fasan / Godwin Emefiele And John Omoile, His Brother-In-Law In Legal Battle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by bhella10: 7:54am On Jul 30, 2023
Bianca wins legal battle over Ojukwu estate

A Lagos High Court sitting in Ikeja has delivered judgment in the long-drawn litigation over the management and control of some of the assets of Ojukwu Transport Ltd, OTL, in favour of Ambassador Bianca Ojukwu, widow of the late Igbo leader, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, and her two children.

The late Ikemba Nnewi was a director of OTL, a family company, before he died in 2011.

The suit, LD/1539/2012, filed by Bianca on behalf of the claimants, her two sons, Afamefuna and Nwachukwu, who were infants at the time, against OTL and seven others (brothers of the late Dim Ojukwu, their sons and property agent) before the court, was over alleged move by the defendants to take possession of claimants residence at No. 29 Oyinkan Abayomi Drive, Ikoyi, Lagos, as well as some of the company’s property in Lagos, which were under the management and control of their late Biafran warlord.

The defendants in the suit filed in 2012 are OTL, Prof Joseph Ojukwu, Engr. Emmanuel Ojukwu, Lotanna Putalora Ojukwu, Dr. Patrick Ike Ojukwu, Arch. Edward Ojukwu, Lota Akajiora Ojukwu and Messrs. Massey Udegbe (doing business under Massey Udegbe & Company).

The claimants stated that at about August 4, 2011, while their father was sick and hospitalized in London, the 4th-7th defendants attempted to forcibly take possession of their home at No. 29 Oyinkan Abayomi Drive (formerly Oueens Drive), Ikoyi, Lagos, claiming that after the death of their father and soon after his burial, the 2nd-7th defendants went on to appoint a property agent, the 8th defendant, to take over, not only their father’s residence at Oyinkan Abayomi Drive but also other property under the possession, management and control of their father, namely No. 13 Hawksworth Rd (now known as 13 Ojora Rd) Ikoyi; No. 32A Commercial Ave, Yaba, Lagos; No. 30 Gerard Rd, Ikoyi, Lagos and No.4 Macpherson Avenue, Ikoyi, Lagos.

Delivering judgment on June 24, this year, the court presided over by Justice A. M. Lawal, after considering all the evidence adduced by the parties in the course of the proceedings spanning about 10 years, ruled that the claimants being biological children of the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu by that virtue are entitled to the estate of their father, as well as his entitlements as a deceased director and shareholder of the Ist defendant.

Justice Lawal stated that “equity is fairness and fairness is equity,” adding that as a court of equity, the court would not allow the dispossession of the claimants who are children of a foundation director of the company while other directors are in hold and control of other property of the Ist defendant and deriving benefits from the same.

“Therefore, the claimants are entitled to possess and control what their late father possessed and controlled in the company, OTL, when he was alive,” he ruled.

The judge stated that the fact that the 1st defendant allowed the family of the company to live on, and derive income from the assets of the company all these years was a decision of the company by conduct.

He noted that the 2nd defendant who had refused to surrender the property under his control for joint management cannot now lead the battle of having the deceased director’s children hounded out of possession of the property that was managed by their late father.

The counterclaim instituted by the defendants was struck out for lack of competence as the court declared “That the claimants are entitled to the possession and occupation of the property known as No. 29 Oyinkan Abayomi Drive (formerly Oueens Drive), Ikoyi, Lagos, until the harmonization of the management of the assets of the Ist defendant;

“That the threat of forceful ejection of the claimants from No.29 Oyinkan Abayomi Drive, Ikoyi, Lagos, by the defendants is illegal;

“That the claimants are also entitled to the possession of the properties known as No 13 Hawkesworth Rd, Ikoyi (now known as No 13 Ojora Rd, Ikoyi); No. 32A Commercial Avenue, Yaba, Lagos; No. 30 Gerard Rd, Ikoyi, Lagos and No. 4 Macpherson Ave, Ikoyi, Lagos, which were some of the properties that were under the possession of the late father of the claimants from the time the properties were released from government acquisition.

“That the 2nd-8th defendants are restrained either by themselves or through their agent or privies from interfering with the claimants’ possession and control of the 5 listed properties, being the subject matter of the suit.”

Present as the judgment was delivered were the Ist, 5th and 8th defendants, with the 5th defendant, a director of the Ist defendant representing the Ist defendant.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/07/bianca-wins-legal-battle-over-ojukwu-estate/

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by jeromestarks: 8:01am On Jul 30, 2023
Bianca na fresh kpekus.

Never marry a woman you did not disvirgin unless you want to train another man's child thinking it's yours.

48 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by Goodman2023: 8:01am On Jul 30, 2023
Pending the harmonisation...

2 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by yinkus6750(m): 8:02am On Jul 30, 2023
Imagine ,the case took ten years before judgement

What's wrong with black man ?
Why didn't they claim the properties while Ojukwu himself was alive?
Wicked Uncles.
Did Ojukwu also not left a will on his estate?
Sure this will likely go on appeal till Supreme court, but the children will win at last.
Their mother will fight for their inheritance not to be taken away by Dhylock uncles

112 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by talented321: 8:04am On Jul 30, 2023
Gallant woman'' if u marry this type and born like 3 to 4 children, ur legacy will still remain even after death.
Go for what u believe'' every attempt seems like threat in the beginning. But

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by Hhansome(m): 8:07am On Jul 30, 2023
It is a known fact that Bianca is a wife of the warlord. She has every right to her husband's properties especially as she bore him kids.

Wether you think she's small or whatever your reasons maybe. Your grudges should be on your father and not an innocent woman just because she agreed to be married.

High time we stop all this maltreatment and flexing of muscle...

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by Beremx(f): 8:08am On Jul 30, 2023
Judgement well deserved after a long time.
If the properties belonged to Odumegwu Ojukwu and after his demise his brothers wanted to claim it, that's wrong.
Bianca has fought a good fight for her kids

56 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by bhella10: 8:09am On Jul 30, 2023
I'm happy the women folk in SE are beginning to rise up to face these wicked tradition of striping women of their FHR going on there. A woman have equal rights to her parents property. Congratulations 🥳 Bibi.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by jaeyking(m): 8:16am On Jul 30, 2023
smiley
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by jaeyking(m): 8:17am On Jul 30, 2023
smiley
How would my brother want to claim my property after my death

These things happen in families that lack love

60 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by Finneseguy1(m): 8:20am On Jul 30, 2023
I really admire her courage , she don’t take sh*t from anybody.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by inoki247: 8:25am On Jul 30, 2023
Lol we might see tears like Lagos high court is trying to steal away dere Estate through Bianca shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by NoahHadNoArk: 8:28am On Jul 30, 2023
jeromestarks:
Bianca na fresh kpekus.

Never marry a woman you did not disvirgin unless you want to train another man's child thinking it's yours.
This theory also has loopholes, we’ve seen good girls go bad after marriage. Virgin no mean say she no fit go outside collect prick. Keep calm

55 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by Esama: 8:33am On Jul 30, 2023
Hope this properties not acquired by ojukwu father ? Because ojukwu father is a billionaire too if its their father properties and mr ojukwu confiscated them for his own personal use I'm employing the family to calm and appeal the case...The same thing happened in my family but thank God the supreme court settled the matter amicably.

But you see those areas where the properties located no be child play oo.

43 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by ExudeLoveToAll: 8:34am On Jul 30, 2023
Beremx:
Judgement well deserved after a long time.
If the properties belonged to Odumegwu Ojukwu and after his demise his brothers wanted to claim it, that's wrong.
Bianca has fought a good fight for her kids

It seems the properties was originally that of Odemugwu father which also belongs to his brothers too. The mistake they made was not to take him to court while he was still alive to resolve any miss understanding .

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by ExudeLoveToAll: 8:37am On Jul 30, 2023
bhella10:
I'm happy the women folk in SE are beginning to rise up to face these wicked tradition of striping women of their FHR going on there. A woman have equal rights to her parents property. Congratulations 🥳 Bibi.

This has nothing to do with what you are reffering to.

This has to do with tussle between Odemugwu (represented by his wife) and his brothers who was to control the properties of their fathers . They would have done this while he was here.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by Beremx(f): 8:37am On Jul 30, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

It seems the properties was originally that of Odemugwu father which also belongs to his brothers too. The mistake they made was not to take him to court while he was still alive to resolve any miss understanding .
as learned as he was, he couldn't write a will too. That's bad

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by ExudeLoveToAll: 8:40am On Jul 30, 2023
Esama:
Hope this properties not acquired by ojukwu father ? Because ojukwu father is a billionaire too if its their father properties and mr ojukwu confiscated them for his own personal use I'm employing the family to calm and appeal the case...The same thing happened in my family but thank God the supreme court settled the matter amicably.

But you see those areas where the properties located no be child play oo.

It was acquired by ojukwu father , the rich dude. I guess he confiscated them for his personal use.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by ExudeLoveToAll: 8:43am On Jul 30, 2023
Beremx:
as learned as he was, he couldn't write a will too. That's bad

The properties wasn't that of odumegu but that of his father. The will would have been contested because the properties was his alone. It was a family property.

They should have resolved this issue amicably, they were silent for so long when odumegu was alive.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by Esama: 8:46am On Jul 30, 2023
I thought as much. Black are really wicked I know he has already changed all the properties documents immediately they entrust the properties to him.
ExudeLoveToAll:

It was acquired by ojukwu father , the rich dude. I guess he confiscated them for his personal use.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by Puss360(f): 9:00am On Jul 30, 2023
Yo momma... I love you...
Yes....
Real legitimate wife ...
Without court marriage, you Neva marry be dat ooo....
So gals take note....
Court marriage makes you a "Mrs" in all ramifications...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by paramakina202: 9:04am On Jul 30, 2023
yinkus6750:
Imagine ,the case took ten years before judgement

What's wrong with black man ?
Why didn't they claim the properties while Ojukwu himself was alive?
Wicked Uncles.
Did Ojukwu also not left a will on his estate?
Sure this will likely go on appeal till Supreme court, but the children will win at last.
Their mother will fight for their inheritance not to be taken away by Dhylock uncles

The estate in question belongs to Philipe Odumegwu Ojukwu the father of Emeka Ojukwu so it is a family estate.
Btw,what about Emeka Ojukwu elder children?

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by Benwallt(m): 9:11am On Jul 30, 2023
I say, let Bianca breathe.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by jeromestarks: 9:12am On Jul 30, 2023
NoahHadNoArk:

This theory also has loopholes, we’ve seen good girls go bad after marriage. Virgin no mean say she no fit go outside collect prick. Keep calm
Forget story.
Which would you prefer, a virgin or a retired olosho?

5 Likes

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by Benwallt(m): 9:12am On Jul 30, 2023
paramakina202:

The estate in question belongs to Philipe Odumegwu Ojukwu the father of Emeka Ojukwu so it is a family estate.
Btw,what about Emeka Ojukwu elder children?

Bianca no gree for him.
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by kokoA(m): 9:20am On Jul 30, 2023
Is it the property that was willed to her that her in-laws are trying to collect? I know Ojukwu's father was a wealthy man to. If the property belongs to the senior Ojukwu then this judgement is wrong.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by kokoA(m): 9:21am On Jul 30, 2023
jeromestarks:
Bianca na fresh kpekus.

You're quite inexperienced with women I must say.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by Obaaderemi2: 9:29am On Jul 30, 2023
NoahHadNoArk:

Na dem dey even do pass unless she's divinely your own. That one you quoted is still a child.
The main thing is to be blessed with one's own true partner.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by bhella10: 9:31am On Jul 30, 2023
ExudeLoveToAll:

This has nothing to do with what you are reffering to.

This has to do with tussle between Odemugwu (represented by his wife) and his brothers who was to control the properties of their fathers . They would have done this while he was here.
Oh I see! Congratulations nonetheless
Re: Bianca Ojukwu Wins Legal Battle Over Ojukwu Estate by Obaaderemi2: 9:31am On Jul 30, 2023
kokoA:
Is it the property that was willed to her that her in-laws are trying to collect? I know Ojukwu's father was a wealthy man to. If the property belongs to the senior Ojukwu then this judgement is wrong.
It's family property jare. I'm not sure Emeka Ojukwu contributed much to the family wealth. That wealth that this woman has cornered belonged to the whole family.

25 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lauretta Onochie & Lere Olayinka Slam Each Other On Twitter  / Reno Omokri Joins #10YearsChallenge, Shares Throwback Photo / Sound Sultan Was Kind, Lived An Exemplary Life – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.