Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,846 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo (71819 Views)

How Much Is The Price Of Indomie Noodles In Your Area? / Limca Or Goldspot: Which Was Your Favourite? / This Fried Rice Doesn't Go Bad Quickly - See The Secret (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 6:01am On Aug 17, 2023
BigYash:
grin No be small o.. Gud mrn sir
Goodmornjng oga bigyansh

.we thank God for life.how u de.

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by BigYash: 6:06am On Aug 17, 2023
guobe:

Goodmornung oga bigyansh
Nasty.we thank God for life.how u de.
Lol.. Fine sir.. God is faithful!

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Psady(m): 8:11am On Aug 17, 2023
guobe:

True even Fanta ginger A died too
Ah Fanta ginger A my fav!

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 8:24am On Aug 17, 2023
Psady:
Lol u liked it too

2 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by engrchykae(m): 8:49am On Aug 17, 2023
dangle:

Yes. I guess that he has forgotten how to spell it correctly.
one brother always send me to go buy him ginger ale and there is another tonic water something,I have forgotten the exact name

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by guobe: 9:04am On Aug 17, 2023
engrchykae:
one brother always send me to go buy him ginger ale and there is another tonic water something,I have forgotten the exact name
Ok nice
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by tuzle(m): 9:55am On Aug 17, 2023
BigYash:
You mean say me na indomine gen too? grin Me wen get white hair now cheesy
I no drink am,but I grow meet d bottles inside crates for momsy store..
I was born mid 1990s and I met and in fact drank it. It was still popular till early 2000s, so either u are younger than me and white hair just want to grow on ur hair or u grew up in a place where goldspot wasn't sold.

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by ghettochild(m): 11:13am On Aug 17, 2023
Dr Pepper

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Brownshoe: 6:52pm On Aug 17, 2023
Treadway:

When you're having fun together🎵
The sun and the sea together🎵
Music and dance together🎵
Lime and lemonade drink together🎵

All you need is a drink Limca🎵
Lime and lemonade drink Limca🎵

Lime and lemonade drink Limca. 🎵
nostalgic, I don't really know the song then,

I sing it as: ah the the the limca🎵🎵
Limca di limca di🎵
So small then.

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Treadway: 5:14pm On Aug 18, 2023
Brownshoe:
nostalgic, I don't really know the song then,

I sing it as: ah the the the limca🎵🎵
Limca di limca di🎵
So small then.
lol...na so o. The 'limca' na the constant wey everybody know for the song🤣😀

4 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by fjjc(m): 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2023
What about Tandi Gorana
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Eriokanmi: 6:49pm On Aug 27, 2023
Even Crush, Krest and DrPepper, the indomie generations don't know. Dr Pepper still sells in some parts of America and Europe as I speak, in bottles and cans. I saw one in Switzerland in 2017

2 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Nice2023(m): 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2023
Do u know Dr pepper.
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by teebillz: 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2023
Throwback:
Even my siblings and cousins born in the late 1970s ate indomie in the mid 1990s when they were in the university and also at home.

So they all drank Gold Spot, Limca, and Tandi Guarana up to the 1990s just as us who were born in the 1980s.

So if those born in the late 1970s still ate Indomie and Maggi 2-minute Noodles as teenagers in the mid 1990s to qualify as Indomie generation also, what then is the need for these incessant questions over the years about Indomie generation not knowing things that existed in the 1980s or 1990s when those born in the 1970s also qualify as indomie generation as I have proven.

All these analysis because you no wan gree say you be indomie generation?

2 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by bong4(m): 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2023
Throwback:

Fanta Ginger Ale.

I remember seeing that one up to 1994.

I think the production was stopped when Fanta Chapman began, which also stopped a few years after.

We also had Greensands Shandy
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Kevineleven(m): 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2023
Apus:
Goldspot, limca, krest, Schweppes... Only 7up survived.

7up is still around, I drank it last week.

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by uniquetechng: 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2023
Throwback:
Even my siblings and cousins born in the late 1970s ate indomie in the mid 1990s when they were in the university and also at home.

So they all drank Gold Spot, Limca, and Tandi Guarana up to the 1990s just as us who were born in the 1980s.

So if those born in the late 1970s still ate Indomie and Maggi 2-minute Noodles as teenagers in the mid 1990s to qualify as Indomie generation also, what then is the need for these incessant questions over the years about Indomie generation not knowing things that existed in the 1980s or 1990s when those born in the 1970s also qualify as indomie generation as I have proven.
What we had back then was Netsle's Maggi 2 minute noodles not indomie noodles.

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by bong4(m): 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2023
Nice2023:
Do u know Dr pepper.

Dr Pepper is still being sold abroad

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by benqo01(m): 6:50pm On Aug 27, 2023
Am sure some of you here dont know MOUNTAIN DEW even d OP

2 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by jonahhh: 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2023
You people have forgotten Tandy... bread 2 naira Tandy 10 naira
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by bong4(m): 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2023
Psady:

My favourites were Ginger Ale and Greensands Shandy (malty kind of drink)

1 Like

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Kog45(m): 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2023
Throwback:

Exactly my point, since GenZ were born in the late 1990s onwards.

We need to realise that Indomie generation are now over 40yrs old for those who had Indomie in the 1990s as University teenagers.
Indomie in the 90s?cuz in my university days na beans o
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by benqo01(m): 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2023
Pepper snack
Fishly
Ginger bread
Butter bread
Nice
Speedy
Digestive
Scotch bread
Coconut
Kracjak
Kpako
Wafer

GenZ no sabi all dese biscuits wey I mention
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by bluefilm: 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2023
flokii:
Goldspot was still around when I was in the University na.. I remember some cult boys using Goldspot bottle to stab a target in our hostel then.
Very thick bottle.. na those ones dey fall wey no go break.

Was goldspot part of 7Up family back then in the 90s?

I remember 7Up very well. I also remember Limca and Mirinda but it seems I don't know this goldspot at all.
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Kenmatt(m): 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2023
Truthfully.

The good old days of 80s and 90s featured much more fun than today's kids.

I could remember when you needed to test your writing skills via love letters.

Ohh My World!!!

I can still remember vividly when I was in SS1 and wrote a love letter to an SS3 sanitary prefect.

She gathered all her friends and they were reading it loud.

Gosh!!! "Kenmatt nobi today"

2 Likes

Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by NaijaCover(m): 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2023
Goldspot Drink, Dey use That Time During Weekend Enjoyment Inside VILLAGE
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by JuanDeDios: 6:53pm On Aug 27, 2023
Throwback:

Lol. I think the appellation "indomie generation" refers to those who ate noodles AS KIDS. But, yes, it's a flawed appellation.
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by GeneralPula: 6:54pm On Aug 27, 2023
Apus:
Goldspot, limca, krest, Schweppes... Only 7up survived.
I too like that Schweppes
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Lorddominic(m): 6:54pm On Aug 27, 2023
Treadway:

When you're having fun together🎵
The sun and the sea together🎵
Music and dance together🎵
Lime and lemonade drink together🎵

Lime and lemonade drink Limca🎵

Lime and lemonade drink Limca. 🎵

Your head dey there bro👍
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Ewedegubbler: 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2023
Gold spot the zing thing
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by oluwasegun007(m): 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2023
Was expecting to see Tandi...

Very wonderful drink
Re: Indomie Generation Doesn't Know The Drink Called Goldspot And Olo by Eriokanmi: 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2023
Throwback:

Indomie entered Nigeria in the late 80s, not 70s . Indomie generation started from from late 80s to date.

What we used to have in the 70s was maggi 2 minute Noodles, not indomie noodles. Take note of the word indomie

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

₦50 Red Pepper In Birnin Kebbi (Photo) / Shaki: What I Saw On The meat(towel) In The Market This Morning(picture) / Antelope Killed Today For Easter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.