Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,633 members, 7,847,648 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:17 PM

When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? (873 Views)

When Last Did You Send Money To Your Parent? / When Last Did You Say This To a family member / Drug Abuse: When Last Did You Check Your Children’s Bags? – NAFDAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Osiki18(f): 5:49pm On Aug 24, 2023
Helminths are worm-like intestinal parasites that live inside the digestive system and feed off nutrients from their host, causing the infected person to become malnourished and susceptible to disease and chronic illness.
Adult worms live in a person’s intestine, where they produce thousands of eggs each day. The infection is spread when eggs are passed in human faeces and contaminate the soil – a problem that is common in poor communities with inadequate sanitation. The eggs can be ingested when contaminated soil is found on unwashed vegetables, water sources or unwashed hands.

At first, symptoms of intestinal worms may be mild or non-existent, but infections can lead to diarrhoea, abdominal pain, weakness, anaemia and nutritional problems. The disease can affect cognitive and physical development, and in severe cases can be fatal.

As well as the physical symptoms, intestinal worms can decrease people’s quality of life, affecting their employment, education, fertility and happiness.

Dewarming should not be every month and it should be noted that sugary food do not increase the number of worms in the stomach.

Bitter kola,bitter leaf,action bitters and the likes do not help in dewarming.

Drugs such as albendazole,mebendazole and ovex could be used.

Adults should dewarm about three times a year and for children, after every three months.

When last did you dewarm?
When last did you dewarm your children?
What warm drug did you take?

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Balablue64: 5:51pm On Aug 24, 2023
Last deworm was like i can't even remember

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Natbrowny: 5:51pm On Aug 24, 2023
Provide names of possible drugs

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Osiki18(f): 5:58pm On Aug 24, 2023
Natbrowny:

Albendazole, mebendazole and ovex

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by sageb: 6:43pm On Aug 24, 2023
Osiki18:
Helminths are worm-like intestinal parasites that live inside the digestive system and feed off nutrients from their host, causing the infected person to become malnourished and susceptible to disease and chronic illness.
Adult worms live in a person’s intestine, where they produce thousands of eggs each day. The infection is spread when eggs are passed in human faeces and contaminate the soil – a problem that is common in poor communities with inadequate sanitation. The eggs can be ingested when contaminated soil is found on unwashed vegetables, water sources or unwashed hands.

At first, symptoms of intestinal worms may be mild or non-existent, but infections can lead to diarrhoea, abdominal pain, weakness, anaemia and nutritional problems. The disease can affect cognitive and physical development, and in severe cases can be fatal.

As well as the physical symptoms, intestinal worms can decrease people’s quality of life, affecting their employment, education, fertility and happiness.

Dewarming should not be every month and it should be noted that sugary food do not increase the number of worms in the stomach.

Bitter kola,bitter leaf,action bitters and the likes do not help in dewarming.

Drugs such as albendazole,mebendazole and ovex could be used.

Adults should dewarm about three times a year and for children, after every three months.

When last did you dewarm?
When last did you dewarm your children?
What warm drug did you take?

Nlfpmod
Mynd44

Wormhooker is a good drug prescription for de-worming
Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by sageb: 6:44pm On Aug 24, 2023
Natbrowny:

Wormhooker
Zentel, etc.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by finallybusy: 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2023
Ignorance won’t kill us in this country. Many children on Nairaland (and society in general) believe Guinness stout cures malaria. The same people believe exercise is bad for the body. The one I heard recently was “adults do not get worms.”

Thanks, OP. I’ll deworm myself soon.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by fineboynl(m): 7:34pm On Aug 24, 2023
If you eat healthy I don’t see why you should have worm? Worm cannot just enter the stomach like that. They enter through contaminated food and water.

That why is advisable to eat hot food. And drink purify and treated water.

2 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by IVORY2009(m): 10:06pm On Aug 24, 2023
Balablue64:
Last deworm was like i can't even remember

64 yrs old man angry

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by nnadychuks(m): 10:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
Nice topic…
The last time I deworm was 5-6 months ago with “pyrantrin” formerly known as “combatrin”…
Now that u reminded me, I’ll probably deworm again soon.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by GboyegaD(m): 12:19am On Aug 25, 2023
Heaven knows I can't remember.
Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Cladez(m): 8:34am On Aug 25, 2023
fineboynl:
If you eat healthy I don’t see why you should have warm? Warm cannot just enter the stomach like that. They enter through contaminated food and water.

Regardless of how clean you think you are, at one point germs will find its way into our body which will inturn cause illness.
Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Evestar200(f): 8:35am On Aug 25, 2023
April when I was sick.

I only remember to deworm when I am sick
Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Osiki18(f): 5:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
finallybusy:
Ignorance won’t kill us in this country. Many children on Nairaland (and society in general) believe Guinness stout cures malaria. The same people believe exercise is bad for the body. The one I heard recently was “adults do not get worms.”

Thanks, OP. I’ll deworm myself soon.

You are welcome ☺️
Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Osiki18(f): 5:05pm On Aug 25, 2023
fineboynl:
If you eat healthy I don’t see why you should have worm? Worm cannot just enter the stomach like that. They enter through contaminated food and water.

There are worms in your stomach whether you eat healthy or not

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by fineboynl(m): 5:21pm On Aug 25, 2023
Osiki18:

There are worms in your stomach whether you eat healthy or not
its a lie
Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Waffarianman(m): 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2023
I deworme every months. Did this August month already waiting for September
Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Oizee(f): 6:23pm On Aug 25, 2023
Waffarianman:
wow, I wish I could master this habit of yours.
I do for my kids at 3 month interval but, I can't remember when last I dewormed myself
Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Creamypie(m): 11:29pm On Aug 25, 2023
From birth, I haven't dewormed
Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Jewessgratitud3: 6:48am On Aug 26, 2023
I think it was around last year when I was feeling nauseous and I knew it wasn't malaria. So I took the one tab dose. It should be like 6 months now.

Thing is I don't deworm until I begin to feel sick and funny in my stomach. I think I will be more intentional about it from now on.
Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Jewessgratitud3: 6:51am On Aug 26, 2023
Waffarianman:

That's drug abuse. It is meant to be done every three months before you'll go and rupture your stomach. Biko.

Ask your doctor before using a medication like that. Better still read the literature that comes with the drugs to know how often to take it.
Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Waffarianman(m): 7:10am On Aug 26, 2023
Oizee:
wow, I wish I could master this habit of yours.
I do for my kids at 3 month interval but, I can't remember when last I dewormed myself

Yeah my kids is 3months interval but I do run mine every month. Wants to to go back to 3months like my kids
Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Waffarianman(m): 7:11am On Aug 26, 2023
Jewessgratitud3:

That's drug abuse. It is meant to be done every three months before you'll go and rupture your stomach. Biko.

Ask your doctor before using a medication like that. Better still read the literature that comes with the drugs to know how often to take it.

Yeah I know, wants to go back to 3months interval

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Acidosis(m): 7:31am On Aug 26, 2023
July. I used Albendazole
Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Acidosis(m): 7:34am On Aug 26, 2023
fineboynl:

Dey play. Like you have eyes to see what's contaminated and what's not. cheesy
Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Ishilove: 7:41am On Aug 26, 2023
I can't remember the last time I dewormed. It should be up to two years
Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Ishilove: 7:43am On Aug 26, 2023
Creamypie:
From birth, I haven't dewormed
The worms in your stomach must be as big as anacondas

3 Likes

Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by uyogabie(f): 7:46am On Aug 26, 2023
Thanks for the reminder,I will do that now.It's been years.
Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Jewessgratitud3: 7:52am On Aug 26, 2023
Waffarianman:

Yeah I know, wants to go back to 3months interval

Ok. Better.

1 Like

Re: When Last Did You Deworm Yourself? by Sijo01(f): 11:55am On Aug 26, 2023
I and my girl deworm every 3 months. Last dose was in June. Next is September.

I use Wormin while her's Zolat.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Openion? / Process To Adopt A Child In Nigeria For Married Couple Living In Abuja / Help!! Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.