Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,968 members, 7,841,708 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 01:35 PM

Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election (1179 Views)

Wike To Rivers Voters: Trust My Chosen Presidential Candidate, I Won't Mislead Y / Oba Of Benin: I Am Not Against Any Candidate, I Stand With Edo People / APC: We Will Never Allow Ex-convict Joshua Dariye To Contest Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by pandoragirigory: 9:27am On Aug 25, 2023
National Chairman of Labour Party (LP), Lamidi Apapa, has said that only candidates endorsed by him can participate in November 11 governorship elections in Kogi, Bayelsa and Imo.

This is coming after it was reported that a court of appeal sacked the Julius Abure-led faction of the Labour Party and ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to recognise governorship candidates produced by Apapa’s faction for the election.

Addressing a press conference in Abuja on Thursday, August 24, Lamidi said;

“You will recall that on the April 5 the FCT High court restrained Abure and others from parading themselves as national officers of the party. As a result, the party appointed the Deputy National Chairman, Alhaji Lamidi Apapa, as the acting national chairman of the party pursuant to its constitution.

“Sequel to that the party under my leadership wrote to INEC changing its date of primary election earlier scheduled by Abure from April 15 to April 16. Notwithstanding the fact that he was under a restraining order, Abure still went ahead to conduct his primaries for Imo, Kogi and Bayelsa on those dates.

“Peeved by the primary conducted by me, a candidate who participated in the Abure primary took my candidate to court whilst maintaining that Abure’s candidates were the authentic ones. The case was frantically defended, and the Federal High court, Owerri Division, declared the primaries conducted by me as the authentic candidate as Abure was under a restraining order as at the time he screened candidates and conducted his primaries.”
https://www.facebook.com/100050487580007/posts/pfbid0PCU9186AcNxgfx9XaAPfAQ17PT3UHBScjgqQXC4GRmg4TnR7Qk5FKT9phhG2EVGnl/?app=fbl

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Taylor90: 9:27am On Aug 25, 2023
angry
Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by TemplarLandry: 9:27am On Aug 25, 2023
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Naijanascam: 9:34am On Aug 25, 2023
Keep decieving yourself and your likes

3 Likes

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by pandoragirigory: 9:41am On Aug 25, 2023
Apapa will show them pepper

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by accordadoga25(f): 10:38am On Aug 25, 2023
Hehehe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Isokotolopia: 10:41am On Aug 25, 2023
clowning yourself

3 Likes

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by FreeStuffsNG: 10:42am On Aug 25, 2023
The real Boss. It's now operation sweep and fumigate LP to remove the unpatriotic and unruly mob/terrorists from LP patapata! Check my signature for free stuffs!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Isokotolopia: 10:44am On Aug 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
The real Boss
How can Apapa correct Tinubu’s age,

You are crooks, so sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Esama: 10:44am On Aug 25, 2023
Obviously Peter obi will still decamp from labour party to either a party he will personally formed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Penguin2: 10:44am On Aug 25, 2023
Las las, una go tire for this fake news.

No matter how much you reinforce lies, it will never become truth; never.

Julius Abure is Labour Party national chairman. Shove that down your skull.

2 Likes

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by SpartaOfLagos: 10:47am On Aug 25, 2023
Op, stop peddling fake news. Apapa is not labour Party chairman

1 Like

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by FreeStuffsNG: 10:48am On Aug 25, 2023
Isokotolopia:
How can Apapa correct Tinubu’s age,

You are crooks, so sad
mynd44 nlfpmod

7 Likes

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Wisereborn: 10:48am On Aug 25, 2023
grin grin grin who needs your endorsement fake chairman grin grin grin

Up till the time of the election, Peter Obi was not only the candidate for LP, he was accredited by INEC

You might be on Tinubu's payroll, but we are not!!!

1 Like

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by SpartaOfLagos: 10:48am On Aug 25, 2023
Esama:
Obviously Peter obi will still decamp from labour party to either a party he will personally formed.
Any party that Peter Obi goes if necessary, we will happily follow him

1 Like

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by SpartaOfLagos: 10:49am On Aug 25, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
mynd44 nlfpmod
Stop calling the mod on that guy, he said nothing against the Nairaland rules .

Why do you hate the truth so much ?

1 Like

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Esama: 10:50am On Aug 25, 2023
Yes as per ethnic movement the thing be.
SpartaOfLagos:

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Christistruth03: 10:53am On Aug 25, 2023
pandoragirigory:
Apapa will show them pepper

They must reject what Apapa is saying because he is saying the Truth

Their Case is like the Case of Pharaoh who rejected all that God's Servant Moses was telling and showing him because God was determined to teach Mankind a huge lesson through Pharaoh so God deliberately hardened his heart so Egypt could suffer all
the Ten Plagues

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Christistruth03: 10:59am On Aug 25, 2023
SpartaOfLagos:

We predicted that Peter Obi would abandon the Labour Party like he did APGA and PDP over a year ago

Peter Obi hijacks he doesn't build parties

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Prolificgiant(m): 12:49pm On Aug 25, 2023
What's the reason for this back and forth in labour party, Nigeria will be great hopefully.Today is a new day and a new beginning. I am thankful for all that I have been given. Happy Birthday to me.please celebrate with me u can call or forward gift 0724748015 access bank,thanks in anticipation
Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Roger3D(m): 12:55pm On Aug 25, 2023
SpartaOfLagos:

And whatever party Peter Obi goes to he will still lose
Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Chizaam2008: 1:00pm On Aug 25, 2023
Abeg getttat!
Who know you? undecided
Na you dey endorse candidates?

Scruffy looking AGBADORIAN.
Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by 9jahotblog: 1:01pm On Aug 25, 2023
Really just stop the joke here joor . Meanwhile, Current APC National Chairman, ex governor Ganduje collecting kickbacks from Kano contractor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP9nnrCZqmw?si=4l9nyMSUt_8x_vkA
Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Ofunaofu: 1:09pm On Aug 25, 2023
grin
Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by yarimo(m): 1:29pm On Aug 25, 2023
Ofunaofu:
grin
Gbam patriotic authentic labour party chairman has spoken

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Ofunaofu: 1:37pm On Aug 25, 2023
yarimo:
Gbam patriotic authentic labour party chairman has spoken

Yarimo, why get hysterical about anything Peter Obi and Labour party
Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by yarimo(m): 2:06pm On Aug 25, 2023
Ofunaofu:

Yarimo, why get hysterical about anything Peter Obi and Labour party
OBI is a fraudster, and anyone supporting him or her is also a fruadster

7 Likes

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Ofunaofu: 2:19pm On Aug 25, 2023
yarimo:
OBI is a fraudster, and anyone supporting him or her is also a fruadster

What do you have to say about Tinubu, who is a notorious narcotics drug trafficker engaging in criminal state capture. Who built a conduit pipe from the Lagos state Treasury to his personal company Alpha Beta milking the common wealth of Lagosians
Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Throwback: 2:20pm On Aug 25, 2023
Those wey own party don talk.

8 Likes

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by lexylaw09: 3:32pm On Aug 25, 2023
Elu pi

Re: Apapa: Candidate I Didn't Endorse Cannot Contest Election by Deogratiasfx: 10:48pm On Aug 25, 2023
I never knew Labour party exited until Obi came. If Obi leaves today, the party goes back to obscurity.

(1) (Reply)

20pounds: Awolowo's Mistake / Jubilation In Ondo State As President Tinubu Paid A Condolences Visit To Owo / Illegal Doctors Of Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.