Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal (19269 Views)

Bandits Kill Adamu Aliyu, Miyyetti Allah Chairman In Abuja / Governor Wike Gives 41 Range Rover SUVs To Judges In Rivers State / Emir Sanusi Receives CP Wakili Who Prevented Kano Election Rigging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by ijustdey: 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2023
Election Tribunal: Kano Commissioner issues death threat to judges, promises to unleash mayhem on residents

Tension is high in the state as members of the NNPP and APC await the outcome of the governorship election petition.

Kano State Commissioner of Lands, Adamu Aliyu, on Thursday, issued a death threat to the judges of the Governorship Election Petition Tribunal.

Mr Aliyu also promised to unleash mayhem on residents of the state, one worse than what residents of neighbouring Kaduna and Zamfara are going through.

Residents of mainly rural communities in Kaduna and Zamfara are being attacked, killed and abducted by terror gangs locally called bandits.

These attacks have continued for more than a decade.

Suggesting that judges of the tribunal may have been bribed to rule against his party, Mr Aliyu said if the tribunal judges ruled against his party, the New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) in the petition before it, they may pay with their lives.

The election of the governor of the state, Abba Yusuf, is being challenged at the tribunal by the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Nasiru Gawuna.

The tribunal is yet to fix a date to deliver its judgement on the petition.

Mr Aliyu made the statements, on Thursday, while addressing members of the NNPP during a solidarity protest of the party.

The gathering also doubled as a prayer session for an outcome favourable to the party at the election tribunal.

A video of the commissioner issuing the threat was later posted on Facebook by both NNPP and APC. members.

I am sending this message to the tribunal judges, any judge that allows himself to be used and collect bribes and pass judgement that is not right, we want to tell him he must choose between his life and the bribe money he collected.

“We are promising you (our supporters), we are receiving your complaints, the votes you cast on his excellency (Governor Yusuf) will not go in vain unless we lose our lives or the Kano state will fall.

“Another message for the leaders. You have seen the conflict (banditry) in Zamfara, Kaduna, and Katsina, I swear because of this governorship seat, everyone will die. The conflict that will start in Kano will be more deadly than the ones in those states and Borno,” Mr Aliyu said.

The protests and the prayer sessions simultaneously took place at six locations – Katsina Road, Gwarzo Road, Madobi/Sharada Road, Zaria Road, Maiduguri Road, and Hadejia Road.

The event was attended by the Secretary to the Kano State Government, Baffa Bichi, a former deputy governor of the State, Hafiz Abubakar, top members of the state’s executive council and special advisers and assistants to the governor.

On 26 August, the state’s governor and his political godfather, Rabiu Kwankwaso, led a similar mass event for the success of their party at the election petition tribunal.

During the initial event, an Islamic cleric Sani Shir described those challenging the election of the state’s governor, at the tribunal as enemies of the state, and prayed for God to destroy them.

Ban on gatherings over tribunal judgement

The police in Kano State, on Monday, banned all forms of protests being planned by the members of the NNPP and the All Progressives Congress (APC) in preparation for the governorship election tribunal judgement in the state.

Tension is high in the state as members of the NNPP and APC await the outcome of the governorship election petition.

A few weeks ago, the tribunal accused an unnamed Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN) of attempting to bribe her with N10 billion to temper with justice in the course of delivering judgment.

The police accused both the NNPP and APC of deliberate plans to foment trouble by sponsoring protests in the state.

The police commissioner in the state, Muhammad Gumel, in a statement, said the command had banned all forms of protest to prevent possible clashes and uprisings.

When reached for clarification on the statement Friday afternoon, Mr Aliyu confirmed that he made the statement and he stands by it.

“I made the statement. This is our stand because people have voted for us and in the last hundred days the government have performed and people have witnessed development.

“But we are not happy with the way things are going. If there is justice, there will be peace and we need nothing but justice. My statement was not targeted at the fair and just judges, but at the opposite ones and this is our stand,” Mr Aliyu told PREMIUM TIMES.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/625762-election-tribunal-kano-commissioner-issues-death-threat-to-judges-promises-to-unleash-mayhem-on-residents.html

7 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by Ofunaofu: 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2023
The commissioner got his script from Wole Olanipekun, Tinubu's counsel at the PEPT who threatened anarchy and chaos if the judgement is not in their favour

95 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by minakom: 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2023
He has put himself in big trouble with his big mouth. They will deal with him shortly. I trust DSS

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2023
if u think or believe that dss or police will invite/arrest dis man for questioning then u will also beliv that my grandmother is a virgin.

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by MrDoGood(m): 4:05pm On Sep 15, 2023
Na dem dem

I no dey put mouth for people family problem grin

11 Likes

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by Olastep1(m): 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2023
Gobe
Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by Jorussia(m): 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2023
Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by SmartPolician: 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2023
It's such a shame that courts are being made to be the new INEC 24 years after interrupted democratic rule.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by bablon20(m): 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2023
I'm sure the police in d state have arrested this political miscreant or he's still roaming about in d name of immunity?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2023
Useless government

Messed up country

6 Likes

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by Ofunaofu: 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2023
minakom:
He has put himself in big trouble with his big mouth. They will deal with him shortly. I trust DSS

But Wole Olanipekun didn't put himself in big trouble when he threatened anarchy and chaos if the judgement is not in their favour

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by ViceGovernor: 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2023
Never fight a man with disfigured face.
He has nothing to lose

3 Likes

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by olisaEze(m): 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2023
Empty barrels make the most sound. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by Opinedecandid(m): 4:08pm On Sep 15, 2023
Arrest him now.
Watrant should be issued.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by MAKAPOLY: 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
While I condemn the threats in totality owing to it propensity to ignite violence, I will still urge the red cap movement to mount their guard with solid resistance because they wrestle not just against injustice but against dollars and barigida in high places.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by Funkyswagzz(m): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
This is actually serious I hope the dss will pick him up soon

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by Johnrake69: 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
Lol

1 Like

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by id4sho(m): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2023
Judges should order his Arrest , reprimand him and serve him watery beans in jail tongue

2 Likes

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by usecondom(m): 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2023
This is not good. How did this one obtain PhD?

4 Likes

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by MadamExcellency: 4:10pm On Sep 15, 2023
If e no concern you, keep shut. The language is different from what you make of it. The meaning is mysterious

3 Likes

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by ObidenceNeckpre: 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2023
ediotic oponu
Ofunaofu:
The commissioner got his script from Wole Olanipekun, Tinubu's counsel at the PEPT who threatened anarchy and chaos if the judgement is not in their favour

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by MadamExcellency: 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2023
Funkyswagzz:
This is actually serious I hope the dss will pick him up soon

DSS is afraid of them. These are the only people that can defy DSS and Police orders on protest and no arrest will be made.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by itzzkhaliii(m): 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2023
Abeg make them wait ma finish my shooting oooo.

From the ancient Dying pit that stood for millennia at KOFAR MATA
At his place prime it's one of the backbone of the state Economy, Famous during the Trans-Saharan Trade.
More to come just Subscribed to My YouTube Channel and Facebook Page.
MALFAH
Anticipate Kano..✨🔥✨✨

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJX4_RAMCpA?si=q0DFeW30dT0apFQC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZK61Sf7UfY?si=qW8MkIc3qlxOaCuh

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by Mccullum: 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2023
He's walking himself to the path of problem and opening the door of state actors against himself, very undiplomatic and indictive statement.

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by minakom: 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2023
Ofunaofu:

But Wole Olanipekun didn't put himself in big trouble when he threatened anarchy and chaos if the judgement is not in their favour
Address the subject matter and stop digressing

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by NaughtyBrainiac: 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2023
Lol

1 Like

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by ObidenceNeckpre: 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2023
olofo , brainless phul how did wole threaten anarchy or any judge's life or Nigeria like u bas tad ipob criminal infact ant or pigs reason better than u these headless IPOB MOB called obidenze
Ofunaofu:

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by obembet(f): 4:13pm On Sep 15, 2023
ArcSEMPECJ:
Imagine the threat.....but all APC supporters will act blind, dumb and deaf to such as if they have all kicked the pocket....

.if it is L.P now, you will see all APC party supporters climbing on top of their voices and bodies to fight dirty...

Let's be watching what will happen anyway...

Kano is not APC state

4 Likes

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by Kofiboy928: 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2023
Guys am not stingy like others, make my follow guys benefit too

I just received my own this morning around 9:15Am just de play de go

palmpay are still giving away 20,000 naira instantly and you can withdraw it anytime you want, it for new user that join them using the campaign link only without doing any task or referring anyone it free.

But old user like me can benefit too by using another phone number to register and collect your money pass. No playing

Note you must use the verify campaign link before you are qualified to get the reward, don’t worry I will drop the campaign link for you guys but once you receive the money you will give me my percent for showing you this update ooo

5k after you receive the money for me showing you this update Please op.ay acct 8.1.78..98…..568

When you Click below link you will be taken to a Facebook post, you will find the verify campaign link in the Facebook post and use it to register, hurry now don’t miss this opportunity as e de hot

Click the link below

https://www.facebook.com/100087321703803/posts/pfbid02d9561N1vY9EMtkRN56PqutHvqADZwpdbtF4Wd9WobfuzmDtri4hhAttjZwhmpvXul/?mibextid=cr9u03

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 4:14pm On Sep 15, 2023
Imagine the threat.....but all APC supporters will act blind, dumb and deaf to such as if they have all kicked the pocket....

.if it is L.P now, you will see all APC party supporters climbing on top of their voices and bodies to fight dirty...

Let's be watching what will happen anyway...

6 Likes

Re: Adamu Aliyu Issues Death Threat To Judges Of Kano Election Tribunal by HRHKingOliver(m): 4:15pm On Sep 15, 2023
Our security Agencies will say he's only joking and not serious about his utterances, reason he wouldn't be invited or arrested!
One MC comes to mind shaa..

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Your Donations Won't Be In Vain And Will Be Accounted For – Obi Assures Donors / Nigeria Struggling To Find Oil Buyers For 30 Cargoes / Godswill Akpabio Celebrates His 55th Birthday With Family, Friends & Associates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.