Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,575 members, 7,830,731 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Ever Been Defrauded, How Did You Get Your Money Back? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Ever Been Defrauded, How Did You Get Your Money Back? (585 Views)

Was Defrauded, How Can I Track The Fraudsters / A POS Agent Has Just Been Defrauded. / Yahoo Boy Who Defrauded Swizz Woman On ‘Badoo’, Arrested. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Been Defrauded, How Did You Get Your Money Back? by Dainy1(m): 9:56pm On Oct 07, 2023
Have you ever been defrauded in an online business? Were you able to get your money back? What method did you use?

A friend got scammed of 78k some days ago from an online business. She saw an advert which after communication with the seller, she was made to pay part payment, so she can complete the payment after which the item arrived her location.

The scammer, staged the driver, the park, the whole process to convince her. After making payments, the guy blocked her on Facebook, WhatsApp, everywhere.

I have the guy's phone number, because I chatted him in respect to the same item and he's responding to me, he has even sent his bank details. But with different locations. Infact he has no specific location.
How can we get this guy and refund pls?
Re: Ever Been Defrauded, How Did You Get Your Money Back? by prickahantas(f): 10:00pm On Oct 07, 2023
Go to Police and drop 20k
Give them 2 weeks max.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Defrauded, How Did You Get Your Money Back? by Housing(m): 10:45pm On Oct 07, 2023
Dainy1:
Have you ever been defrauded in an online business? Were you able to get your money back? What method did you use?

A friend got scammed of 78k some days ago from an online business. She saw an advert which after communication with the seller, she was made to pay part payment, so she can complete the payment after which the item arrived her location. The scammer, staged the driver, the park, the whole process to convince her. After making payments, the guy blocked her on Facebook, WhatsApp, everywhere.
I have the guy's phone number, because I chatted him in respect to the same item and he's responding to me, he has even sent his bank details. But with different locations. Infact he has no specific location.

Report the bank account the money was paid into with prove of the said transaction and negotiation.
Re: Ever Been Defrauded, How Did You Get Your Money Back? by Dainy1(m): 3:51am On Oct 08, 2023
Housing:

Report the bank account the money was paid into with prove of the said transaction and negotiation.
To bank or police?
Re: Ever Been Defrauded, How Did You Get Your Money Back? by Mhizzard(m): 7:56am On Oct 08, 2023
Dainy1:
To bank or police?
are police in charge of anything have to do with bank?
Re: Ever Been Defrauded, How Did You Get Your Money Back? by Housing(m): 11:42am On Oct 08, 2023
Dainy1:
To bank or police?

The bank that the fraudster bank account is domicile with

1 Like

Re: Ever Been Defrauded, How Did You Get Your Money Back? by Dainy1(m): 3:31pm On Oct 08, 2023
Mhizzard:

are police in charge of anything have to do with bank?
I don't understand
Re: Ever Been Defrauded, How Did You Get Your Money Back? by Dainy1(m): 3:32pm On Oct 08, 2023
Housing:

The bank that the fraudster bank account is domicile with
Ok
Re: Ever Been Defrauded, How Did You Get Your Money Back? by Mhizzard(m): 3:47pm On Oct 08, 2023
Dainy1:
I don't understand
i mean polices are not incharge of anything has to with bank;however banks,are the one to call their attention when they discovers any fraud.
Re: Ever Been Defrauded, How Did You Get Your Money Back? by Creamypie(m): 7:34pm On Oct 08, 2023
Dainy1:

A friend got scammed of 78k some days ago from an online business. She saw an advert which after communication with the seller, she was made to pay part payment, so she can complete the payment after which the item arrived her location. The scammer, staged the driver, the park, the whole process to convince her. After making payments, the guy blocked her on Facebook, WhatsApp, everywhere.
na stupid people dey pay money online for goods wey um never see face to face
Re: Ever Been Defrauded, How Did You Get Your Money Back? by Dainy1(m): 5:24am On Oct 10, 2023
Pls, share more experience. If you were once a victim. How did you get your money back?

(1) (Reply)

Bolanle Ninolowo Distances Himself From Alleged Video Scandal / A Nigerian Man Won 16 Million Naira In Bet But Only Received 3m / 2 Passengers With Firearms Arrested At Lagos Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.