Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,535 members, 7,830,582 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement (37085 Views)

Wike Vs Fubara: The Home Team Is Winning But Game Is Wide Open - Dele Momodu / Wike Vs Fubara: Ijaw Youths Protest Against Minister Of FCT In Port Harcourt / Asari Dokubo To Governor Fubara: Rivers Is Not A Christian State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by Thonyb(m): 11:04am On Nov 04, 2023
The Governor of Rivers State, Siminalayi Fubara, has apologised to the people of the state over the recent political crisis in the state.

In a statement on Saturday, Fubara described the crisis as “regrettable anxieties.”

According to him, it was important to make sacrifices for peace to reign.

Fubara addressed the bombing of the state House of Assembly complex and the division among lawmakers.

The governor also expressed his appreciation to President Bola Tinubu for his intervention in the rift with his predecessor, Nyesom Wike.

The statement reads, “My dear good people of Rivers State, I consider it necessary to issue this press statement on the developments of the past few days in our dear state

“Late on Sunday, October 29, 2023, I was inundated with reports that the hallowed chamber of the Rivers State House of Assembly has been gutted by fire. The blaze was successfully put out by the fire service, after which security agencies took control of the situation.

“My visit to the assembly complex on Monday, October 30, 2023, was to assess the level of damage and undertake remedial measures to protect lives and property within the assembly complex. I charged the security agencies to thoroughly investigate the incident and report it to me.

“Shortly after, I got reports that the state House of Assembly had broken into two factions: one claiming to have impeached and suspended the House Leader and three others preparatory to initiating an impeachment action against me, and the other rival faction impeaching the Speaker and Deputy Speaker, thus sparking off some form of political crisis.

“I wish to thank the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Bola Tinubu, for his fatherly intervention, which opened a series of communication channels to facilitate the timely resolution of the festering crises. I wish to also thank our elders who are currently intervening in the matter.”

Fubara added, “Let me clearly state that my actions are aimed at restoring peace and stability in our state. I am a man of peace and as governor, the advancement of our state is my primary concern.

“Consequently, no sacrifice is too much for me to make to achieve this objective. Furthermore, as leaders, it is the collective responsibility of the immediate past governor and Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, and my humble self, to leverage our positions and influences within and outside the state to advance the progress, security and well-being of our people.

“We must, therefore, not allow circumstances that could retard all efforts at achieving greatness for our people to prevail.

“On our part, we are always willing and ready to embrace the path to lasting peace and tranquility with a commitment to consummating all efforts and initiatives by Mr. President and other well-meaning Nigerians, including my brother governors and the elders.

“I assure the people of Rivers State that peace will certainly prevail and we shall continue to work together to advance the peace, security and progress of our state.”

https://.ng/2023/11/04/rivers-crisis-no-sacrifice-is-too-much-fubara-apologses-over-wike-standoff/

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by alizma: 11:06am On Nov 04, 2023
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by mmafhew(m): 11:08am On Nov 04, 2023
undecided
Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by madridguy(m): 11:11am On Nov 04, 2023
Those emergency lover of Nigeria will drag him pass generator grin SIM don see wetin pass him power.

107 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by Taylor93: 11:12am On Nov 04, 2023
lipsrsealed
Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by BigBlackPreek(m): 11:14am On Nov 04, 2023
Wike won't give you space to breath because he got you up there!

He who pays the piper dictates the tune

29 Likes

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by kestolove95(m): 11:25am On Nov 04, 2023
Wike is stronger than Atiku and obi put together

107 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by Kam2021: 12:20pm On Nov 04, 2023
Way to go..avoid the warmongers!!

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by yarimo(m): 1:15pm On Nov 04, 2023
This is very commendable from Governor FUBARA

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by EmeeNaka: 1:23pm On Nov 04, 2023
The topic of this news should read ' Fubara talks tough'....
There is no aspect of his talk that showed any respect for Wike. He called him 'Immediate past governor and Minister of FCT'. To a layman, that is correct, but to Wike, that is a declaration of defiance and war. I think the showdown is continuing.

102 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by inoki247: 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2023
Lol
Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by samwillyco1(m): 2:40pm On Nov 04, 2023
Deal with the house members first before wike

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by AllDModsAreMaad: 2:41pm On Nov 04, 2023
The content is different from the topic.

Anyway it is none of my business, so IDGAF.
Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by AllDModsAreMaad: 2:43pm On Nov 04, 2023
madridguy:
Those emergency lover of Nigeria will drag him pass generator grin SIM don see wetin pass him power.

Are you this da ft?

Where is the relationship between the topic and what the guy said?

Did you even bother to read the content before commenting?

Grow up please!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by MrBiGGEST(m): 3:03pm On Nov 04, 2023
grin grin lipsrsealed
Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by Kukutente23: 3:21pm On Nov 04, 2023
The first thing is he apologised to the people of the state not to Wike

The second thing is those Zombies who are urging him to reconcile are too daft to know that, whatever makes him reconcile genuinely with Wike, it is the state and its treasury that loses and no one else.

A new norm is surfacing in Nigeria where politicians are placing their common group interest as genuine political interests in such a way that what should be the respectable divide between the various arms is being blurred and all are converging towards a common idea of ensuring they derive maximum benefit for all from each post they occupy.

If this becomes grounded, the people, the country and our laws lose out because politicians and public officers all over will begin to see themselves as brothers who need to look out for each other.

The result will be a class aristocracy who make the rules for themselves and for their benefit alone with the people becoming bystanders and onlookers in the affairs of their fatherland.

The situation has been emerging steadily since 2015 and is becoming more bold.

Citizens beware!!

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by Smithkafors(m): 3:54pm On Nov 04, 2023
kestolove95:
Wike is stronger than Atiku and obi put together

Dey play….and him dey do boy boy for City boy. Taking up ministerial

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by Dontcry09985: 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2023
Awwwwwwwn baby puppy

1 Like

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by Afamed: 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2023
Way to go.

Mistakes have been made

Correction has taken place.

Only Gbajue, Ipob and children of confusion will not be happy here

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by KosiGee(m): 4:11pm On Nov 04, 2023
Afamed:
Way to go.

Mistakes have been made

Correction has taken place.

Only Gbajue, Ipob and children of confusion will not be happy here

You have problem processing information. How do you enjoy wearing stupidity like a badge. You’ve been on other threads hyperventilating.

Ask someone to explain what the thread is all about and what Fubara meant.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by Spaxon(f): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2023
To break free from the bond of God fatehrism is always bloody

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by b0rn2fuck(m): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2023
Wike downfall coming , you are a minister by fraud and still shocking eyes in River affairs. The greed can never be contented

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by Mikelarteta(m): 5:09pm On Nov 04, 2023
Make Wike leave the Governor alone. He will not take this nonsense he is doing if he was the Governor.

3 Likes

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by ecolime(m): 5:11pm On Nov 04, 2023
I don't understand the sudden love interest the children of perdition developed for Rivers state.

You are not from the region yet una carry their matter for head like gala.

Anywhere there is anarchy, na there we dey always find them.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by lonelydora: 5:16pm On Nov 04, 2023
Make all man hold him side.

Who do anyhow go see anyhow!

9 Likes

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by tesppidd: 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2023
Kukutente23:
The first thing is he apologised to the people of the state not to Wike

The second thing is those Zombies who are urging him to reconcile are too daft to know that, whatever makes him reconcile genuinely with Wike, it is the state and its treasury that loses and no one else.

A new norm is surfacing in Nigeria where politicians are placing their common group interest as genuine political interests in such a way that what should be the respectable divide between the various arms is being blurred and all are converging towards a common idea of ensuring they derive maximum benefit for all from each post they occupy.

If this becomes grounded, the people, the country and our laws lose out because politicians and public officers all over will begin to see themselves as brothers who need to look out for each other.

The result will be a class aristocracy who make the rules for themselves and for their benefit alone with the people becoming bystanders and onlookers in the affairs of their fatherland.

The situation has been emerging steadily since 2015 and is becoming more bold.

Citizens beware!!
Of course they know that It is Rivers resources that will suffer, and they like it that way.

Those shouting let them make peace, let them reconcile are Wike's people..

Every genuine lover of democracy and lover of the common man would wish for this fight to continue,,, that's the only way we can get to the bottom of all those terrible terrible accusations against Wike.

Let them continue, the worst case is that Fubara will be removed as governor.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by Harrynight(m): 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2023
grin

Joke aside, sometimes you just have to bite the finger that fed you.

E Get Why

5 Likes

Re: Wike Vs Fubara: Rivers Governor Issues Press Statement by Ms202309: 5:17pm On Nov 04, 2023
Fabura thread carefully

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode: "Jimoh Ibrahim Is A Big, Fat, Ugly, Greedy & Disgusting Pig" / Buhari Looks At Images Of AU Founding Fathers In Ethiopia / TUC Backs Out Of 2-day Warning Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.