Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,917 members, 7,841,485 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Etim Ekpo Council Boss Rejoices With Pst. Eno Over Appeal Court Victory - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Etim Ekpo Council Boss Rejoices With Pst. Eno Over Appeal Court Victory (129 Views)

Kano Guber: Gov Yusuf Heads To Supreme Court Over Appeal Court Verdict / Soludority Match For Soludo Over Appeal Court Judgement(photos) / Zainab Adamu Praises Enugu Government Over Appeal Court Headquarters In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Etim Ekpo Council Boss Rejoices With Pst. Eno Over Appeal Court Victory by Assamjnr: 3:56pm On Nov 25, 2023
... Advises Opposition Parties

Posted by Seun Abimbola, Lagos.

As Akwa Ibom people at home and abroad continue to celebrate yesterday's Appeal Court victory of the Akwa Ibom State Governor, Pastor Umo Eno, the Executive Chairman of Etim Ekpo Local Government Council, Hon. Imeh Afia, has congratulated the State Chief Executive.

The Council boss however enjoined opposition parties in the State to cease any further legal battles and lend their support to the Governor's vision for the State as encapsulated in his ARISE Agenda.

Recall that, Appellate Court sitting in Lagos on Friday dismissed the appeal filed by Senator Bassey Albert Akpan and his party, Young Progressives Party, Obong Akanimo Udofia of the All Progressives Congress, APC and Senator John Akpanudoedehe of the New Nigerian Peoples Party, NNPP, challenging the election of Governor Umo Eno of the Peoples Democratic Party.

At separate judgements delivered at the Nation's Commercial hub, the Court of Appeal struck out the respective appeals by the three appellants, describing them as lacking in merits.

The Court faulted the abuse of judicial process by the Appellants in re-litigating a matter that was dispensed at the High Court, Appeal Court and Supreme Court in favour of the 2nd respondent; Pastor Umo Bassey Eno.

Reacting to the cheering news on Saturday, the Etim Ekpo Chairman, said the outcome of the Appeal Court ruling was a further affirmation of the ruling of the tribunal which had earlier declared Pastor Eno as duly elected by majority of lawful votes cast at the election.

He opined that the jubilation in all the nooks and crannies of the state was a testament to the popularity and acceptability of the PDP and Governor Umo Eno by majority of Akwa Ibomites.

Hon. Afia urged the opposition candidates to sheathe their sword and allow the outcome of the judgment as the wish of majority of Akwa Ibom people.

His words: “On behalf of my family, the Council and the good people of Etim Ekpo Local Government, I use this auspicious moment to congratulate our principal and amiable Governor of Akwa Ibom State and our great party the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on yesterday's multiple victories at the Appeal Court in Lagos.

“Indeed, the judgement of their lordships is an affirmation of the ruling of the tribunal and also a true reflection of the wishes of majority of Akwa Ibomites who voted massively for Pastor Umo Bassey Eno and PDP in the March 18 gubernatorial election in the state.

"While I thank the judiciary for yet again doing justice on the matter, I call on the opposition candidates to sheath their sword and see the judgement as a true reflection of the wishes of Akwa Ibom sons and daughters

"Therefore, with the affirmation of the Governor's victory by the Appellate Court, I call on all opposition parties to put aside any remaining differences and join forces with Governor Umo Eno in pursuing the ARISE Agenda.

"After dissecting this agenda, I can state unequivocally that the ARISE Agenda is not only for the benefit of the current administration, but for the future of Akwa Ibom State and its people. So, I encourage them and indeed, all sons and daughters of Akwa Ibom to rally behind the Governor and work together to create a brighter future for our State," Hon. Afia submitted.

(1) (Reply)

Ibom Professionals Congratulate Gov Eno On Appeal Court Victory / Niger-Delta Fight For Your Seaports So That People Can Ship Through It. / The Iconic Story Of The Rise And Fall Of Oyo Empire.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.