Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,692 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

There Is An Earing Epidemic Amongst Todays Youth/men And It Is Disgusting! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / There Is An Earing Epidemic Amongst Todays Youth/men And It Is Disgusting! (199 Views)

Domestic Violence Is An Accepted Nigerian Epidemic / Love Making Is A Mess, Disgusting And Smelling / Letter To Married African Men And Women By Temi Badmus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Is An Earing Epidemic Amongst Todays Youth/men And It Is Disgusting! by zanshi: 7:58am On Dec 30, 2023
Once you have dred locks, put on earings and have tattos on, even if i am seeing you for the first time, i would begin to profile you because, those are attributes associated with criminals and wanna be misfits of the society. Seeing how that part of American black hip hop society has creeped into our conservative African society leaves one bewildered. You go out in todays world, and you see young people in their putting on earings just because one musical artist has them on further means that a lot of young people have an identity crisis and are not able to define who they really are. Even todays young ladies have started on that trend, with piercing all over the mouth lips and nipples. We should do more to criticize them and shame them.

2 Likes

Re: There Is An Earing Epidemic Amongst Todays Youth/men And It Is Disgusting! by zanshi: 7:58am On Dec 30, 2023
It was of recent too that i discovered men painting their nails was a thing.

Crass behaviour.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: There Is An Earing Epidemic Amongst Todays Youth/men And It Is Disgusting! by TheDarkporeShow: 8:22am On Dec 30, 2023
zanshi:
Once you have dred locks, put on earings and have tattos on, even if i am seeing you for the first time, i would begin to profile you because, those are attributes associated with criminals and wanna be misfits of the society. Seeing how that part of American black hip hop society has creeped into our conservative African society leaves one bewildered. You go out in todays world, and you see young people in their putting on earings just because one musical artist has them on further means that a lot of young people have an identity crisis and are not able to define who they really are. Even todays young ladies have started on that trend, with piercing all over the mouth lips and nipples. We should do more to criticize them and shame them.

OP, everyone is influenced by culture and music shapes culture.
You will be surprised that they're pressured to fake theiir way until success comes

The Nigerian youth faces the hardest pressure to succeed just like the young people below discuss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQXlcflI1D4

Just observe and realise that there have always been pressures such as these.

1 Like

Re: There Is An Earing Epidemic Amongst Todays Youth/men And It Is Disgusting! by Acidosis(m): 8:33am On Dec 30, 2023
The media has held everyone captive in some ways.

1 Like

Re: There Is An Earing Epidemic Amongst Todays Youth/men And It Is Disgusting! by Sonnobax15(m): 8:52am On Dec 30, 2023
lipsrsealed
Civilization has done more harm than good to the african society......

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Football Players Who Lost Almost Everything After Divorce / My Sister-in-law Doesn't Care What You Think! | A Fun Day With The Girls / Miracle At 68: Woman Welcomes First Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.