Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,610 members, 7,840,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Wants To Be A "Full-time Husband"? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Wants To Be A "Full-time Husband"? (664 Views)

A Date With Bae In The Ocean, Ladies Can You Do This? (Photo) / Ladies, Can You Get Married To A Non Degree Holder? / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Wants To Be A "Full-time Husband"? by Rubyjade: 11:35am On Jan 11
Ladies can you marry a man who wants to be a "full-time husband"?
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Wants To Be A "Full-time Husband"? by theophorus(m): 11:38am On Jan 11
No man can afford it.

Will the Man also carry Pregnancy?

See ehn, work with Female Bosses first, then you will Understand that, your Wife earning more than you do, requires a lot... Not to talk you not earning anything.

7 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Wants To Be A "Full-time Husband"? by Demigod22: 2:40pm On Jan 11
Why will a man even think of this uncanny idea in this economy?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Wants To Be A "Full-time Husband"? by Proserpina: 2:45pm On Jan 11

5 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Wants To Be A "Full-time Husband"? by Gem247: 2:47pm On Jan 11
Please what is the meaning of a full-time husband?
Does that mean I will always stay at home doing nothing other than eating and nack-in? 🤣🤣
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Wants To Be A "Full-time Husband"? by Rubyjade: 3:52pm On Jan 11
What is the definition of a full-time husband? Is being a full-time husband (FTB) considered to be an actual job? If so, why and how?
It’s a big job, a valid job, a needed job. It just doesn’t pay in dollars.

I would write a list here of all of the valuable activities a husband can choose to do as part of their work. But I’m a little hesitant to do so, because every husband is individual - different interests, skills, priorities, and strengths. It’s not a question of “ought to do’s - every home has its own individual context.

But let’s go big picture here: A full time husband is someone who makes a dwelling home. Home is the field where we play out our lives. We make our memories there, live our days there, feel (ideally) most comfortable and ourselves there. And the person who takes on the job of FTB nurtures possibilities for those memories, lives, and expressions of self.

If that person makes sure that it’s easy to eat, sit, sleep, and find clean clothes to wear, more power to them - but that’s not the point. The point is that the homemaker is the family glue - making it easier to love and be loved at home.

It seems a little grand to say that a FTB is the person who quietly holds and nurtures the meaning of life, but it’s not really a stretch.
Gem247:
Please what is the meaning of a full-time husband?
Does that mean I will always stay at home doing nothing other than eating and nack-in? 🤣🤣
Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Wants To Be A "Full-time Husband"? by Sonnobax15(m): 3:59pm On Jan 11
lipsrsealed
No man can withstand boredom.....

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Wants To Be A "Full-time Husband"? by EmperorCaesar(m): 4:12pm On Jan 11
Men cant be that idle for long

E go tire us

Plus, wetin your wife go dey show u for house ehn, even u go just comot one day go find one cleaner job do for block industry

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Wants To Be A "Full-time Husband"? by Obierika(m): 4:14pm On Jan 11
Demigod22:
Why will a man even think of this uncanny idea in this economy?

There are actually men who are full time house husbands, not common in Nigeria but they do exist in other climes

3 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Wants To Be A "Full-time Husband"? by Jesse1991: 7:02pm On Jan 11
Any man that agrees to such is not serious....In this era of MGTOW..
Better seek deliverance..

2 Likes

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Wants To Be A "Full-time Husband"? by lavylilly: 8:51pm On Jan 11
Obierika:

There are actually men who are full time husbands, not common in Nigeria but they do exist in other climes
Who told you is not common in Nigeria, you had better open your eyes. Things have changed drastically, wake up.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Wants To Be A "Full-time Husband"? by Demigod22: 8:47pm On Jan 13
Obierika:

There are actually men who are full time husbands, not common in Nigeria but they do exist in other climes

You are right though. I once had a neighbor who stay at home sleeping all day and the wife hustle as a teacher, I don't wanna ever be like that.

1 Like

Re: Ladies Can You Marry A Man Who Wants To Be A "Full-time Husband"? by Rubyjade: 8:51pm On Jan 17
shocked
Demigod22:

You are right though. I once had a neighbor who stay at home sleeping all day and the wife hustle as a teacher, I don't wanna ever be like that.

(1) (Reply)

True Love / Ten (10) Tricks To Catch The Man Of Your Dream / How Many Of Your Spend Friday And Saturday Nights In Exotic Clubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.