Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,948 members, 7,832,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Should I Ask Of The Money - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Ask Of The Money (985 Views)

Can I Ask My Boss Out For Valentine? / How Can I Ask My Girlfriend To Leave My House After 3 Months? / About To Get Married; Should I Ask Her About Her Medical Records? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Ask Of The Money by Afodot0022(m): 1:31pm On Jan 21
Good day nairalanders. Pls I need your utmost input on this and how to go about this. My girlfriend is a travel agent that deals with anything travels and flights booking. It happens that I gave her some link to a friend of mine abroad that wants to book a flight tickets for his family of four in Nigeria to come over to meet him abroad which made my girlfriend to make a substantial amount profit from the deal. After everything, I expect my babe to atleast give me something out of the money she made or worst case scenario, get me a gift to atleast appreciate me for what I did by bringing client to her so that it will motivate me to do more for her in that area but till now, she had not mentioned it. Now I want to ask if it will make sense asking her of my own share out of the deal and hope it won't make me look somehow or greedy. I just felt I should get something cos I made lots of efforts to ensure the deal was concluded and now I feel like been cheated somehow. To her, she felt it was just a goodwill.
Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by immortalcrown(m): 1:35pm On Jan 21
Your mentality is bad. You don't deserve the kind of reward you wnat here. The reward you deserve is she directing clients or customers to patronize your own work.

The only time I expect money in this kind of referral is when getting clients or customers for people is my profession or when I abandon (sacrifice) my duty to make the referral work. If by chance I refer people to patronize you and the referral works, the reward I expect from you is that you should connect me to those who will patronize my own service or products.

You guys damage things with your entitlement mentality. A carpenter will charge too much for a simple work just because the person who referred him for the job expects a financial reward. A mechanic does the same. Even a trader does the same because who brought the customer wants a share of the money made from the transaction. The same you will feel bad when you recruit someone for a contract and the person charges you based on the bad culture. Many contractors inflate their charges because supervisors and accountants that work for clients and customers want an unfair share of the money paid to the contractors.

7 Likes

Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by AgbaDesigner(m): 1:36pm On Jan 21
She is your babe, you are indirectly spending out of the money. I don't want to go into details cool

2 Likes

Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by woginid967: 1:36pm On Jan 21
Afodot0022:
Good day nairalanders. Pls I need your utmost input on this and how to go about this. My girlfriend is a travel agent that deals with anything travels and flights booking. It happens that I gave her some link to a friend of mine abroad that wants to book a flight tickets for his family of four in Nigeria to come over to meet him abroad which made my girlfriend to make a substantial amount profit from the deal. After everything, I expect my babe to atleast give me something out of the money she made or worst case scenario, get me a gift to atleast appreciate me for what I did by bringing client to her so that it will motivate me to do more for her in that area but till now, she had not mentioned it. Now I want to ask if it will make sense asking her of my own share out of the deal and hope it won't make me look somehow or greedy. I just felt I should get something cos I made lots of efforts to ensure the deal was concluded and now I feel like been cheated somehow. To her, she felt it was just a goodwill.

If it was not discussed before you gave her the connection... Forget it.

The alternative is, you can test her and tell her you have another but you gave it someone else who does what she does because the person promised you a percentage....

Then when she reacts, remind her that its for the profit and you didnt gain anything by referring someone to her.

Thats how you get her to learn. If she doesn't, leave her

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by DaddyRochie1642: 1:49pm On Jan 21
The poster above me is a wise man.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by coputa(m): 2:14pm On Jan 21
Afodot0022:
You should have struck a deal with her at the onset, since you didn't,then keep your fingers crossed, don't ask her,let her be,she may be testing your greed and patience.

On your own part,this is an opportunity to know her attitude towards money issues.keep mute and get your self respect

3 Likes

Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by advanceDNA: 2:47pm On Jan 21
Guy forget..

Be like U nor sabi woman...it will just cause fight if u ask her...(na small redflag u see so, now think back..has she ever given the smallest gift??so why are u expecting her to do so now)

No Nigerian girlfriend will give u anything for introducing business to her...to them, its seen as collecting money from you.....most u will collect is kiss and sex

It's the same case as borrowing ur girlfriend money.....don't expect it back.... Ìdì tí je.. (yansh don chop am)

2 Likes

Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by Nazgul: 2:54pm On Jan 21
In the world of business, if you want to partake in any kind or form of proceedings, you must spell out your terms and conditions from the onset.

Expecting someone to include you in their sharing formula because you linked him/her/them to a gig that fetched a tremendous amount of money is nothing but a pipers dream.

If you wanted her to give you a considerable sum from the profit she made, you ought to have settled it with her before linking her with your friend. For you to remain mute all through the deal and suddenly want to approach isn't a wise move...but if you really want your fair share from the deal, I'll advise you to use reverse psychology and emotional blackmail on her.

Just call her and tell her that you just decided to remain silent all these while and see if she's a good girl and would give you anything from her church mind, that it's not like you want the money but she disappointed you by not even getting anything for you. You'll tell her that you have so many friends you were planning to link her up with, but her attitude towards money is making you look elsewhere.

If she's into you, and has a good heart, she'll feel guilty and maybe get you a gift or something. If she's not into you, or she's a street girl, shi shi you will not see.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by EreluRoz: 3:21pm On Jan 21
What of the sex you are having with her? Or you think you have right to be having premarital sex with her all in the name of relationship? So you are indirectly sharing part of the money kos she's using that money for upkeep 😂😂😂😂 i
Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by Mavinsoladele(m): 3:43pm On Jan 21
woginid967:

The alternative is, you can test her and tell her you have another but you gave it someone else who does what she does because the person promised you a percentage....

Then when she reacts, remind her that its for the profit and you didnt gain anything by referring someone to her.

Wisdom
Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by ikeno(m): 5:08pm On Jan 21
Most of this comments are just gibberish rubbish. What will it take her to just show appreciation to someone that referred her to his friend which she made substantial amount of money irrespective if the person is her boyfriend or not.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by pocohantas(f): 5:16pm On Jan 21
You are already having issues with your new virgin girlfriend. I hope you would grow to understand why you should handle your women issues as a man should, because it seems every small thing, you done run create thread. Quite alarming for a father and ex-husband.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by Kobicove(m): 5:24pm On Jan 21
Which payment do you want again?

What about the one she has been giving you in za oza room? grin
Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by Pecoleee345: 5:32pm On Jan 21
immortalcrown:
Your mentality is bad. You don't deserve the kind of reward you wnat here. The reward you deserve is she directing clients or customers to patronize your own work.

The only time I expect money in this kind of referral is when getting clients or customers for people is my profession or when I abandon (sacrifice) my duty to make the referral work. If by chance I refer people to patronize you and the referral works, the reward I expect from you is that you should connect me to those who will patronize my own service or products.

You guys damage things with your entitlement mentality. A carpenter will charge too much for a simple work just because the person who referred him for the job expects a financial reward. A mechanic does the same. Even a trader does the same because who brought the customer wants a share of the money made from the transaction. The same you will feel bad when you recruit someone for a contract and the person charges you based on the bad culture. Many contractors inflate their charges because supervisors and accountants that work for clients and customers want an unfair share of the money paid to the contractors.

Let flip things here.

If she was the one that gave him the link .......would your submission be the same.

Double standard is what killing relationship and marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by Pecoleee345: 5:33pm On Jan 21
she is very greed and selfish.

She suppose to carry you along so after everything you can thank your friend.

If she is the one that linked you to this type of deal trust me 5years now she will bragging about how was she made you.

Don't ever link her again......that an ungrateful fellow.

Had it been you gave an outsider the job trust me you would have gotten a good cut.
Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by immortalcrown(m): 6:51pm On Jan 21
Pecoleee345:

Let flip things here.

If she was the one that gave him the link .......would your submission be the same.

Double standard is what killing relationship and marriage.
My submission is objective and not gender-based.
Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by fineberry(m): 7:09pm On Jan 21
@Op this is a clear sign that your girl/f is stingy, self centered and inconsiderate. From your write-up I already know your kind of person, you're those kind of people that expect people to just behave normal and do stuff to make sure your woman is happy.......but that your girl is one wrong one believe me.

Am talking from experience sir

1 Like

Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by Pecoleee345: 7:36pm On Jan 21
immortalcrown:
My submission is objective and not gender-based.

Isnt objective cos you didn't call a spade a spade.

She is selfish and greedy......that the honest truth.
Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by immortalcrown(m): 9:36pm On Jan 21
Pecoleee345:

Isnt objective cos you didn't call a spade a spade.

She is selfish and greedy......that the honest truth.

You are a sentimentalist. No sane person with proper reasoning will read my comment and find it biased.
Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by Pecoleee345: 10:10pm On Jan 21
immortalcrown:
You are a sentimentalist. No sane person with proper reasoning will read my comment and find it biased.

Anyway I was the one that quoted you so no P.

Nincompoop
Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by immortalcrown(m): 4:23am On Jan 22
Pecoleee345:
Nincompoop
That's what you are.
Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by Karleb(m): 5:03am On Jan 22
Seems a lot of people here are scared of their partners.

Ask!
Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by frozen70(f): 6:17am On Jan 22
Afodot0022:

Is too late now to ask of your profit

You would have discussed that from onset

Anyway you can still ask her and if she doesn't give you, consider it gone

Next time you know your percentage

She believes you assist her to do business and wasn't expecting you to ask for your share
Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by Clinghton: 7:07am On Jan 22
She's supposed to be grateful.
Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by femi4: 7:50am On Jan 22
Afodot0022:
You didn't do the work, you never sign any agreement in that regards. Stop the entitlement mentality. You can discuss with her, if she reason your matter, she can give you something. Erase it from your mind that you're being cheated.

Na your type dey link people up for job and want a share in their salary.....you are not an agent.

Normalise the act of helping people without expecting monetary returns

1 Like

Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by Psady(m): 8:21am On Jan 22
woginid967:

The alternative approach is bad ,my opinion though
Re: Should I Ask Of The Money by motionarena: 11:14am On Jan 22
woginid967:

Nope don't angry.
She is a selfish gf, she should show some form of appreciation not just lock up.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is More Romantic? / The Fall Of A King, The Heart Of A Champion. / Memorable Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.