Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,521 members, 7,854,241 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 01:03 PM

Access Bank Story: Insider View - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Access Bank Story: Insider View (957 Views)

My Piggy Bank Story / Shoprite: Insider Shares Details Of The Corporate Restructuring / Childhood Throwback Photo Of Herbert Wigwe, CEO Of Access Bank PLC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Access Bank Story: Insider View by BeboNGN: 12:54pm On Feb 14
"May Herbert's soul rest in peace. I however look at the story of Access Bank from another prism based on my inside knowledge of what happened. The story of Access Bank can't be complete without looking at it's foundation. The money to buy Access Bank didn't come from any investors but a loan of about N16B from Intercontinental Bank (IB) managed by Akingbola. It was Akingbola that gave them that break to buy Access. That money was never paid back. Sanusi (Aig's school mate at KC)as the CBN gov declared IB insolvent and put it up for sale. It was offered to Aig and Access Bank for N50b. A bank that was many times the size of Access bank. A bank with 350 branches offered for such ridiculous sum. Check the records, no other bank has been so cheaply sold in Nigeria. Access Bank didn't have the money but Evelyn Oputu of BOI who is Aig's mother in-law gave them the loan to buy IB. They paid the funds, took over the bank and then refunded the loan the next day. It was the biggest scam in Nigeria banking history. Of course the N16B loan was never repaid. I want to be clear that this is not talking evil of the dead but setting the records straight. I do not hold the Access scam against Herbert personally but I can't keep quiet when records are being misrepresented. Akingbola was literally destroyed. But all said and done, to what purpose is our rat race and wealth acquisition. May the souls of Herbert, his family and others in this accident rest in peace."

Copied

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Access Bank Story: Insider View by Jlow2: 1:03pm On Feb 14
Karma is a bitch , it did not take him alone but with his wife and child

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank Story: Insider View by Jlow2: 1:05pm On Feb 14
Pls who is this aig, I heard bukola Sarai was also Involved

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Story: Insider View by Nbote(m): 1:09pm On Feb 14
I said it before and I'll say it again, that Heli was sabotaged

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Access Bank Story: Insider View by buharibanjo(m): 1:10pm On Feb 14
Intercontinental was bigger actually..surprised it was sold out.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Story: Insider View by KnowAll(m): 1:22pm On Feb 14
Why did the moderators move my thread of “ Touch not my anointing “ from politics where it woud get much traffic to business .
Anyways those that destroyed Intercontinental Bank their wahala just dey start unless they confess their sins.
Re: Access Bank Story: Insider View by VeryWickedMan: 1:25pm On Feb 14
BeboNGN:
Access Bank didn't have the money but Evelyn Oputu of BOI who is Aig's mother in-law gave them the loan to buy IB. They paid the funds, took over the bank and then refunded the loan the next day. It was the biggest scam in Nigeria banking history. Of course the N16B loan was never repaid. I want to be clear that this is not talking evil of the dead but setting the records straight.

See why I hate gossips?

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Story: Insider View by Iamanoited: 1:30pm On Feb 14
PLEASE TAA-TINUBU AKPABIO AND ARIWOOLA SHOULD ADOPT FULL AUTONOMOUS POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING STATUSES FOR OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES NOW NOW NOW.
Re: Access Bank Story: Insider View by Iamanoited: 1:35pm On Feb 14
PLEASE TAA-TINUBU AKPABIO AND ARIWOOLA SHOULD ADOPT FULL AUTONOMOUS POLICING RESOURCING AND ELECTIONEERING STATUSES FOR OUR 36 CONSTITUTIONAL STATES NOW NOW NOW.

Orisa37
Thank you BEBONGN FOR THIS ACCESS BANK STORY AT 12:54pm of 14/02/24. God bless you BEBONGN.
Re: Access Bank Story: Insider View by coputa(m): 1:39pm On Feb 14
Sanusi was a crook that never caught.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank Story: Insider View by Olawade24: 1:52pm On Feb 14
I don't know if this is the true story.

But is gradually turning out to be true from what it looks like.

If it happen to be true I really sorry for the guy that originally have intercontinental bank.

How was he able to bear the pain of leaving all of it to access. cry

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank Story: Insider View by buharibanjo(m): 4:17pm On Feb 14
Lol... It's hard to get the full gist tho
VeryWickedMan:

See why I hate gossips?

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Got Any Idea? / Arm Aggressive Growth Investment I P O / I Need Any Advice/assistance On This Business Idea:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.