Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,740 members, 7,847,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 01:10 PM

Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents (9657 Views)

MC Oluomo’s Aide, Mamok Murdered In Oshodi (Graphic Photo) / Iyalode Alhaja Sadia Elewuju That Was Murdered In Cold Blood (Photo) / Nigerian Lady Murdered In Horrific Manner In Russia (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by sadiq88: 11:03pm On Nov 11, 2011
Police have charged 20-year-old Rashad Terrell Slye of Southeast with first-degree murder while armed for the shooting of Domingo Ezirike of Prince Georges County.
Police officers discovered 40-year-old Ezirike in the driver’s seat of his cab shortly before 4 a.m., sitting in the grass in the 4300 block of Ponds Street Northeast near Anacostia Avenue. Emergency medical personnel found no signs of life.
Blue strobe lights illuminated the intersection on Saturday night after Ezirike was found fatally wounded inside his taxi.
"It's terrible. A lot of this stuff happening. I'm just scared," said Nicole Barnes.
The medical examiner later determined that Ezirike was killed with a gunshot wound to the body, according to police documents.
One of the detectives who found Ezirike told homicide detectives that he had seen the man in his cab during a routine traffic stop less than half an hour before he was found shot, police documents state. He leaned into the cab to tell Ezirike to put on his seatbelt, the detective said, and saw two passengers in the back seat.

Calls made from Slye’s cell phone led police to an address in the 1500 block of Anacostia Avenue. A witness there told police that when she got into the cab with Slye, the cabbie asked the two for $20 to drive them into D.C., which she gave him. She also remembered the police traffic stop.
At the final destination, she told police the driver asked for an additional $7.75. She gave him $5 and Slye $2, but the driver and Slye began arguing over the remaining 75 cents.
She told police she got out of the cab and walked away, asking Slye to come with her, but he continued to argue with the cabbie.
A witness at Ponds Street told police to have overheard a man in the cab saying loudly “Give me my $20 back,” then demanding to be led out of the cab. The witness told police a black man got out of the back seat with a silver handgun, telling the driver to get out of the car.
The driver got out and lied down on the ground, telling the gunman he didn’t have any money. The gunman, the witness said, went through the driver’s pockets, where he apparently found some money. The witness told police it seemed as if the suspect tried to shoot the driver once but the gun didn’t fire.
The driver took off his pants to prove that he didn’t have any money with him. The suspect told the driver to get back into the cab.
He then fired one shot and ran off toward Anacostia Avenue, the witness said.
Ezirike, still alive, was able to reverse the car toward Anacostia Avenue. His cell phone showed a 911 call shortly before 3:30 a.m. Through GPS, the taxi company was able to determine that Ezirike picked up his last customer at the Morgan Boulevard Metro station in Landover. The number used to order the cab was also used to call someone in the 1500 block of Anacostia Avenue.
Police searched that address under a warrant and found the cell phone and a blue jacket the witness at Ponds Street had described. Ezirike’s wallet was found behind that building.
Taxi drivers and residents were shaken Sunday.
"Safety is involved, no matter what time you come out," said veteran cabdriver Carolyn Robinson, who says she was assaulted and robbed on the job 13 years ago.
"You have to be on guard,” she says, "but you're still defenseless.”
Akilah Morgan, visiting a friend near the shooting scene, says safety is an issue for cabdrivers in the area. "There's definitely vulnerability. I wish they'd do something about it.”
Few cabdrivers have a divider or other protection from people in the back seat. "They're very vulnerable and they're very open to whatever," Barnes says. "I just feel bad for them. It's dangerous out here.”

r. i. P BROTHER

http://www.naijapals.com/modules/naijapals/nigeria/topic,84490.0.html

Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by Dede1(m): 11:30pm On Nov 11, 2011
@POSTER

Even a blind dog could easily realize the poster of this thread is an imbecilic gudgeon. The title of the article where the dullard culls the story says “Nigerian Taxi Drive murdered in Washington US”. However, the drooling ninny of the poster would add Igbo cab driver to the gist. There are many Yoruba as well as other ethnicities and nationalities of West Africa that drive cab in Washington, DC.
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by redsun(m): 11:45pm On Nov 11, 2011
There is dignity of labour in the west to a great extent.It doesn't what one is doing,what matters is for one to make a sincere living and contribute to the society to make it functional.
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by Rossikk(m): 12:51am On Nov 12, 2011
^^^ And this is the most important wisdom you gained from this article?

You must be mental.
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by aloyemeka4: 12:55am On Nov 12, 2011
He wasn't killed over 75cents. You guys need to stop making fun of people's misfortune. His passenger robbed him and shot him after because he didn't want him to live and describe him besides, who told you he was shot by African American?. The article said the assailant is a black man and as far as I am concerned, he could be Nigerian/African, carribean, African American, European or whatever.

At the final destination, she told police the driver asked for an additional $7.75. She gave him $5 and Slye $2, but the driver and Slye began arguing over the remaining 75 cents. She told police she got out of the cab and walked away, asking Slye to come with her, but he continued to argue with the cabbie. A witness at Ponds Street told police to have overheard a man in the cab saying loudly “Give me my $20 back,” then demanding to be led out of the cab. The witness told police a black man got out of the back seat with a silver handgun, telling the driver to get out of the car.

The driver got out and lay down on the ground, telling the gunman he didn’t have any money. The gunman, the witness said, went through the driver’s pockets, where he apparently found some money. The witness told police it seemed as if the suspect tried to shoot the driver once but the gun didn’t fire.

The driver took off his pants to prove that he didn’t have any money with him. The suspect told the driver to get back into the cab. He then fired one shot and ran off toward Anacostia Avenue, the witness said.

Ezirike, still alive, was able to reverse the car toward Anacostia Avenue. His cell phone showed a 911 call shortly before 3:30 a.m. Through GPS, the taxi company was able to determine that Ezirike picked up his last customer at the Morgan Boulevard Metro station in Landover.

The number used to order the cab was also used to call someone in the 1500 block of Anacostia Avenue. Police searched that address under a warrant and found the cell phone and a blue jacket the witness at Ponds Street had described. Ezirike’s wallet was found behind that building.
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by Yeske2(m): 6:59am On Nov 12, 2011
@OP, whats the idea? Why subtituting Nigerian for Igbo?
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by ektbear: 9:15am On Nov 12, 2011
SE DC is not a safe place to be.

And if I am foolish enough to be cabbying there, I won't argue over 75 cents. Too many drug-addled niggers roaming around there.

Not to mention that it was late at night, at 4am. . .

Gotta use more common sense if you want to survive
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by eghost247(m): 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2011
Rip
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by kings112(m): 2:53pm On Nov 12, 2011
r.i.p
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by Ajillo: 3:02pm On Nov 12, 2011
The girl was lying. The witness accounts states clearly it was robbery. The girl told that story to save herself from complicity in the murder.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by manny4life(m): 3:05pm On Nov 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

And if I am foolish enough to be cabbying there, I won't argue over 75 cents. Too many drug-addled niggers roaming around there.

In fact if it's not North West, count me out. I don't ever travel out of the North West Region because they got some crazy mofo. SE is just the worst, people get killed daily in this are so why the hell will this man pick someone at 4am in the morning? Most cabbies won't pick you up several reasons. Very unfortunate for this man, I hope his family takes heart in their loss. cry cry cry
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 3:18pm On Nov 12, 2011
What a way to go
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by google1(m): 3:18pm On Nov 12, 2011
nah wahoooooooooo
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by Outstrip(f): 3:46pm On Nov 12, 2011
So sad. May his soul rest in peace and may God comfort his loved ones
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by trimwis: 4:04pm On Nov 12, 2011
RIP this is why GEJ said those that are running from Nigeria because of BOKO HARAM will regret it. stay home an lets make 9ja a better place. WETIN THEM DEY FIND FOR US?
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by BlueMagic2(m): 5:24pm On Nov 12, 2011
trimwis:

RIP this is why GEJ said those that are running from Nigeria because of BOKO HARAM will regret it. stay home an lets make 9ja a better place. WETIN THEM DEY FIND FOR US?

I knew some punk was always gona say sometin stupid. Pple in Nigeria get killed by the police for #20 all the time and nothing happens to the perpetrator. At least the suspect was caught. That's the difference btw Nigeria & US.
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by daytona500(m): 5:32pm On Nov 12, 2011
May his soul rest in peace!
However,the poster did not say anything about ethnicity.
Why do you guys like making mountain out of a molehill.
Nigerians need to unite because there is power in numbers.
Long live Nigerians home and abroad.
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by atasteve: 5:36pm On Nov 12, 2011
So sad
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by icez: 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2011
ekt_bear:

What do you mean? (just thank God 4 ur own condition or keep ur mouth shut. angry)

Did you read the story?

Is that all you can say? (You must be a very wicked person)
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by lagcity(m): 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2011
Dede1:

@POSTER

Even a blind dog could easily realize the poster of this thread is an imbecilic gudgeon. The title of the article where the dullard culls the story says “Nigerian Taxi Drive murdered in Washington US”. However, the drooling ninny of the poster would add Igbo cab driver to the gist. There are many Yoruba as well as other ethnicities and nationalities of West Africa that drive cab in Washington, DC.

Inferiority complex has eaten deep in your psyche. So you are b.itching that an Igbo man drives taxi? would prefer him to start kidnapping and sell babies like other igbo ppl?
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by lifestyle1(m): 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2011
This is unfortunate. angry
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by buzugee(m): 7:50pm On Nov 12, 2011
of course rashad terell is an african america. like duh. anyway he is in a better place. his penance on earth is up.
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by reindeer: 8:00pm On Nov 12, 2011
It is like open season on Nigerians
Back home policemen kill people for equivalent of what? 30cents?
Sad.
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by Htman: 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2011
na wa o, shocked
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by sadiq88: 9:43pm On Nov 12, 2011
r i p brother

Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by itoldu: 10:28pm On Nov 12, 2011
the man still has 10 days left to live nah! He is scheduled to leave earth by November 22, (i.e. ten days from now)
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by hbrednic: 10:32pm On Nov 12, 2011
r.i.p
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by oge4real(f): 10:34pm On Nov 12, 2011
This is sad indeed. Rip
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by moremi2008(m): 11:31pm On Nov 12, 2011
So many cab drivers have lost their lives in the DMV area. It's just ridiculously tragic! How do these dirt-poor drug-addicts find guns? America is just an upside down civilization that's on its last gasp.
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by Jenifa1: 11:38pm On Nov 12, 2011
itoldu:

the man still has 10 days left to live nah! He is scheduled to leave earth by November 22, (i.e. ten days from now)

what?
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by logica(m): 12:00am On Nov 13, 2011
So they still do this? Last time I heard of such a case was decades ago. And it's because of crimes like this that cabs don't stop for black people in NYC.
Re: Nigerian Murdered In Washington DC Over 75 Cents by Nobody: 12:10am On Nov 13, 2011
NOVEMBER 22ND? He died in the future? undecided

Na waoo! I taya for Nairaland! grin grin

and then what better way to remember the life and pay respects the a
murder victim, than to turn the issue into a tribal ware free for all. tongue tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Parade Fake Pastor In Nsukka / Soldier Force Primary School Boys To Twerk for him At Gunpoint. / Fulani Herdsmen Invade Golgolfa In Kaduna, Kill Two

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.