Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,260 members, 7,842,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Please Let This Get To Unilorin And Other Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Please Let This Get To Unilorin And Other Universities (335 Views)

BIMS Success Stories And Its Impact On Students At UNILORIN And UNILAG / Let This Shape Take Your Mind Away From Corona Virus (mr Shape) / ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT UNILORIN AND UNILORIN POST UTME... MUST SEE FOR ALL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Let This Get To Unilorin And Other Universities by Komenikanri1: 3:02am On Feb 28
Dear Sir,

I hope this email finds you well 

I am writing as an alumnus and person indirectly affected by your decision to close the portal for the current session's Registration. 

While I admit that I am not in any position to question or influence the decisions of the university, I feel I can at least make a case for the university to have a rethink on the issue of portal closure.

It is no news that the country is going through a very turbulent economic meltdown that has placed many families under untold hardships. I therefore feel that the "hasty" closure of portal to allow students to complete their registration for the current session should be revisited, reviewed and revised. 

We are currently operating under economic conditions alien to the current generation and families where we can no longer rely on help from the government. If other institutions like universities cannot relax the usual tight-neck manners and allow common people to have some breathing space, where lies the hope of the common man?

I am pleading with the universities to create a short period of extension to enable fresh and returning students, many of whom are in very good standings but terrible financial conditions to fulfil their dreams of earning university degrees regardless of whether or not the country situations will allow them to enjoy in future or not.

I am of the hope that you will exercise the authority vested in you to ensure that the groan experienced by families as a result of out dysfunctional political system is not compounded by our reputable institution. 

Thank you so much for your understanding. 

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Please Let This Get To Unilorin And Other Universities by Komenikanri1: 3:04am On Feb 28
@MOD, can we please have this on the front page? Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Please Let This Get To Unilorin And Other Universities by SkengRay: 11:55am On Feb 28
That's a Real Nigga Statement cool

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Countries With Highest English Proficiency / Stop Focusing Your Energy On These 2 Failure Routes... Do This Instead. / No Engineering, No Campus!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.