Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,363 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned (1950 Views)

Seun, Mukina2 Your Attention Needed Urgently In Travel Section / ZINEDINE ZIDANE Has Resigned As Manager Of Real Madrid Just Days After Winning / IPOB Youths Gave Namdi KANU Resume Or Resigned Ultimatum. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Seun(m): 8:49pm On Mar 03
When I started Nairaland, I operated it all by myself, but by 2007 I was overwhelmed. Mukina2 swooped in and volunteered to be a super-moderator. She also helped me to recruit section moderators. This enabled us to move forward. Initially, she worked for free, but over time she became a paid supermod. One of the best.

Last month, I gave her a particular instruction which is the most basic instruction you can give a moderator. Clean up ALL the sections you've been assigned to and report to me after EACH one. She steadfastly refused until the month end. She felt that she was doing her job and there was therefore no need for me to tell her what to do.

I insisted that she must choose between resigning and following this particular instruction. She eventually chose to resign, saying "let's go our separate ways". We will miss her a lot. I will miss her a lot. I wish her the best in all her future endeavours. She will do great. She may return if she changes her mind, but the show must go on.

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by tivta(m): 8:55pm On Mar 03
Interesting.
Can I humbly apply for the position of moderator? Not necessarily super mod as i know that requires time and experience, how ever i am more interested in the technology market, to many fraudulent accounts operating there.

6 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by moscyt(m): 8:58pm On Mar 03
Heya
Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by gaby(m): 9:02pm On Mar 03
Muki Muki...

It's been a long ride...

Enjoy your retirement and pension.

Sierra Leonean babe wey "SuperMod" a Nigerian online forum for years.... grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by YourMrBoo: 9:06pm On Mar 03
From 2007 chai

Can't a junior mod be assigned to that task and let her supervise...?

Giving her a resign option is just being mean and irrational. You could have done better as a leader.

I won't advise her to comeback cos something is not just right

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by armadeo(m): 9:08pm On Mar 03
Too bad.

I hope you guys get to resolve ish. That relationship is too long to throw away.

This place needs proper moderation and the sign up modalities have to change.

People are scamming and making nuisances of themselves all over with multiple monikers. You have to do something about that

Make sign up more difficult, reject disposable mails and make bans fair.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Froshloaded: 9:10pm On Mar 03
What's the pay grade of a super mod? wink

1 Like

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by seankafor(m): 9:14pm On Mar 03
That's a cool love story up there

Unfortunately, no one cares 😔

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Inspirer1: 9:25pm On Mar 03
She has played her part

2 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by GOFRONT(m): 9:26pm On Mar 03
Hmmmm........Okafor's Law of Congoelasticity at play

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:26pm On Mar 03
Seun:
When I started Nairaland, I operated it all by myself, but by 2007 I was overwhelmed. Mukina2 swooped in and volunteered to be a super-moderator. She also helped me to recruit section moderators. This enabled us to move forward. Initially, she worked for free, but over time she became a paid supermod. One of the best.

Last month, I gave her a particular instruction which is the most basic instruction you can give a moderator. Clean up ALL the sections you've been assigned to and report to me after EACH one. She steadfastly refused until the month end. She felt that she was doing her job and there was therefore no need for me to tell her what to do.

I insisted that she must choose between resigning and following this particular instruction. She eventually chose to resign, saying "let's go our separate ways". We will miss her a lot. I will miss her a lot. I wish her the best in all her future endeavours. She will do great. She may return if she changes her mind, but the show must go on.

couldnt you have sat down with her and hear her side of the story, to possibly see if you guys could work around the issue and come to a solution?? letting go of a trusted 17yrs employee is not a small thing.

11 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Septagon: 9:27pm On Mar 03
Seun,too many silly topics making front page nowadays.imagine one that says 5 soups u can prepare cheap and went on to list nonsense prices and the other one that said cement is expensive but people are still building houses.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by dangle: 9:34pm On Mar 03
Hmm!

1 Like

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by 2sexy(m): 9:40pm On Mar 03
Seun:

Oga Seun...

Mukina2 is the best MOD on here. I know how many times I would reach out to her and he often assist me with my request, quite switfly too. I can't say the same for other Mods.

I had no idea she was still here.

16 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by papyjaypaul: 10:02pm On Mar 03
Did you listen to Mukina2 while she was a mod? If you only listen to yourself, you will run Nairaland by yourself.
Honestly, I think you need to go for training, mentorship and counselling. That's my advice to you.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Acidosis(m): 10:03pm On Mar 03
What do you want to achieve with this?

1 Like

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by slimjohn2k5: 10:13pm On Mar 03
People dont just wake up n dont give a hell.

2 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Northernblood8(m): 10:26pm On Mar 03
Seun, where is she from? I suspect that you are carefully removing non-yorubas from moderation. Which clean up task did you ask her yo dao Seun? I suspect that maybe you asked her to silence some certain people from a particular region which made her refuse to do it. Repent Seun, turn away from such acts, Jesus Christ loves you

4 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by LadyRosa2(f): 10:31pm On Mar 03
Definitely replaceable, who cares! undecided
Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by mamagee3(f): 10:37pm On Mar 03
I can replace her….

4 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by sageb: 10:39pm On Mar 03
YourMrBoo:
From 2007 chai

Can't a junior mod be assigned to that task and let her supervise...?

Giving her a resign option is just being mean and irrational. You could have done better as a leader.

I won't advise her to comeback cos something is not just right

The bitter truth
He's Letting a diligent MOD go just like that?
I wish her good luck

4 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by AIT1(m): 10:41pm On Mar 03
Seun:

Seun

I feel the statement you made on doing that particular instruction you gave or resigning her position is harsh, except she’s been doing a lot of things lately that you do not like and you’ve been waiting for the right opportunity to strike.

But, if she has been diligent in her role for the past 17 years, then, you shouldn’t have severe ties with her this way. I might be wrong but you didn’t do well.

9 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Mvnster: 10:52pm On Mar 03
mamagee3:
I can replace her….
I support this post with 2 bitter kola grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by kolamilan(m): 11:16pm On Mar 03
End of an era.

1 Like

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Brainlight: 11:33pm On Mar 03
BOSS WON'T BEG EVEN IF THE FAULT IS FROM HIM ....MADAM WON'T WANT TO GO BACK TO HER VOMIT ...... "LET PRIDE KILL US ALL" ....BUT 17 YEARS ... NO BE BEANS.

4 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by TrustNone: 11:34pm On Mar 03
Seun:

I didn't know mukina is a lady.
All these while I thought it's a guy

4 Likes

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by TrustNone: 11:36pm On Mar 03
mamagee3:
I can replace her….
mamagee can we talk on WhatsApp?

1 Like

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Ask4bigneyo(m): 11:46pm On Mar 03
Seun:

Her choice to resign is personal i guess.

I wish her the very best.
NB: Can I apply for the post of a MODERATOR? Been an hardent follower here since 2011. I promise to do my job with little or no supervision.

Cc: Seun

1 Like

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Stanweezy(m): 11:54pm On Mar 03
Seun:

Is time for me to be a mod uncle seun, NL member since 2009 no be beans.

1 Like

Re: Mukina2, Nairaland's First Supermod, Has Resigned by Seun(m): 11:55pm On Mar 03
papyjaypaul:
Did you listen to Mukina2 while she was a mod? If you only listen to yourself, you will run Nairaland by yourself.
I listened to her. Her view is that if she is given a task and refuses to carry it out, or fails to carry it out as expected, then her reason or explanation for not doing it must be accepted. Which means the task will not get done. I don't see how that kind of management could possibly be productive.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A big thank you to those that signed my guestbook on my website! / Zenith Bank Girls / Taboo Rituals From Around The World.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.