Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,598 members, 7,840,424 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Akwa Ibom Women Are Not Sex Machines - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akwa Ibom Women Are Not Sex Machines (468 Views)

Akwa Ibom Women To Mobilize 2M Niger Delta Women To Back Senator Akpabio / FFK: How To Keep A Lady, Women Are Like Horses They Must Be Serviced Twice A Day / Akwa Ibom Women Shutdown Streets Of Uyo In Solidarity For Udom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom Women Are Not Sex Machines by Elijah205: 10:08am On Mar 16
By Imoh Etimudo

In 2007, at an event organized by the Ministry of Women Affairs, Akwa Ibom State, held at Ibom Hall, the anchor of the programme, the Late Margaret Eshiet narrated a story of how a woman gave testimony in church that Nigerian women are succeeding in prostitution in Italy, which she pronounced as "Itary." According to her, the woman said God has helped them to displace Italian prostitutes and now, they are majorly in charge in most cities in Italy; foreign prostitutes o!

Those who believe the prostitutes in Italy are mostly Italians are living in the past. Delegates and contingents from other countries had since overpopulated the profession in Italy.

It is wrong to refer to Akwa Ibom women as sex machines because not every girl you see in Akwa Ibom is from the State, and not every prostitute who speaks Akwa Ibom, like two girls who spoke with such level of fluency, is Akwa Ibom. It could be for advertisement purposes.

Those who do prostitution as a profession can go for their "work" in any part of the world. And the best way to attract customers and sell your products at lucrative prices is to attempt to speak the language of locals.

This stereotype of Akwa Ibom women as "lovers of sex, possessors of fine buttocks, headquarters of prostitution and holders of powerful libidos" is not true. This is stereotyping our women, and that is most condemnable.

During the administration of Senator Godswill Akpabio, the government through the relevant ministry and of course, the office of the the then first lady attempted to sanitize the State of harlots. It was to be discovered that these were professional "players" who only came to Akwa Ibom to be signed on. They came from all parts of the country, particularly, the East to do their career, earn a living and go their way.

The more developed and rich a city is, the more it attracts prostitutes. Why do all the good footballers go to England, Spain, France, Germany and now Saudi Arabia? Because the clubs there can pay. Okocha, Ronaldo, Maradona, Drogba, Messi and other talented footballers do not ply their trade in their homelands, they go to where they will flourish.

That is not to say there are no Gerrards, Rooneys, Terrys and other homegrown "players". But Akwa Ibom women are wrongly presented.

As an Akwa Ibom person, I feel so embarrassed by this kind of video by these two ambitious professionals projecting Akwa Ibom women in bad light.

And the girls who took advantage of their fluency in Akwa Ibom language to paint Akwa Ibom women in sexual colours are very unfair to our women. They are using our humility and kindness against us.

There are so many responsible women in Akwa Ibom State. Other tribes marry from Akwa Ibom State. Are we saying they came to marry sex maestros?

Why not project our women who have successful careers in sports, education, banking business and politics? I don't want to mention names but they are everywhere, across the country and the globe.

But for these two girls, who may be reaching retirement ages of prostitution soon, for them to say so about Akwa Ibom women means they are big signings in the prostitution career. Like they say, it takes a legend to spot a legend.

Of all the good women in Akwa Ibom State, why do they choose to make friends with only the lovers of sex, holders of high libidos and prostitutes? It also means they themselves are PhD holders of sexual activities, and they could have been running out of customers. Is the best way to announce their desire for sex to insult Akwa Ibom women?

Please, disregard their video. Prostitutes are everywhere; no society has the monopoly of harlotry. This is deliberately giving Akwa Ibom women and the State a bad name because something good is happening in Akwa Ibom State.

This is an insult on our collective stakes in Akwa Ibom women who are our women, our wives, our leaders, our sisters, our mothers, our daughters, our aunties, our in-laws and our friends. What an insult from attention seekers! Do they want us to tell stories? Don't push us further!

Foreign harlots should leave Akwa Ibom alone!

Re: Akwa Ibom Women Are Not Sex Machines by EreluRoz: 10:12am On Mar 16
Mtcheww there's nothing wrong with it or is it a crime for women to like sex? Just control yourself that's all. All these low libido men everywhere that have drank and smoke their organs away into condemnation be complaining about everything
Re: Akwa Ibom Women Are Not Sex Machines by Aboks(m): 10:17am On Mar 16
U no sabi d main calabar style u dey miss
Re: Akwa Ibom Women Are Not Sex Machines by Nigercity: 10:29am On Mar 16
Story story story!
Akwaibom girls aren't sex machine
But your write is largely false
Go to Calabar,ABA, Enugu, Lagos, umuahia, Abuja
(Infact Calabar and Aba in particular which is close by to akwaibom) almost all the prostitutes there speaks one language, you Don't need to ask me the language the speak
I recently came across a Facebook post of Calabar (Efik) people complaining bad about how akwaibom people are spoiling there name doing prostitution answering Calabar girls
Most of them recounted there experience within And outside Nigeria seeing a lot of Calabar kitchens, and motels being operated by akwaibom people who speaks a dialect of Efik/Ibibiob cluster

Read your post grin
You yourself just posted it here, that an akwaibom woman praised there ladies for dominating the sex industry in far away Italy, instead of launching orientation programs on young akwaibom girls, you are trying to push blames
Even in far Cameroon akwaibom girls are known, and for the records I served in akwaibom ibom everyone here should automatically know they kind of enjoyment I did and believe me when I tell you that sex meance in rural akwaibom is heavily under reported, God bless late pastor ezikel atang who devoted his life and left Lagos back to his home state akwaibom just to focus mainly on sanitizing the young akwaibom girls about the dangers of prostitutions.
I believe from there skin colour and every thing the ladies you posted are definitely akwaibom or from cross River, which ever way you see it they're not to be blamed, sex in rural akwaibom in on the high side they highest i have seen
Re: Akwa Ibom Women Are Not Sex Machines by Mynd44: 10:41am On Mar 16

(1)

Easter: Nationwide Darkness Hits Nigeria As National Grid Collapsed / Rebuttal: Coastal Highway Approximately 1km Of Highway Completed (photos) - / Isa Yuguda Should Apologise And Admit Failure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.