Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,599 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Roles In The Music Industry - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Roles In The Music Industry (101 Views)

Omawumi – “in The Music” (download Mp3) / 5 Trending Topics For January In The Nigeria Music Industry / Biggest Moments In Nigerian Music Industry In 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Roles In The Music Industry by 21NAUGHTYUTY(m): 10:30am On Mar 25
Unlike the popular belief that only the artiste and record label owners earn big in music, there are a lot of roles you can play in the music industry and still earn very big from it, all that is required is for you to be good in what you do.

Record label executives: They direct the affairs of the record label from signing artiste to making sure funds are being generated and properly used.

Entertainment lawyers: As you already know, they are in charge of legal issues concerning the label, artiste etc. They ensure that artiste and labels are not cheated , this is done through the help of the paper both parties signed and no intellectual property theft.

Artiste: A public entertainer or performer, here in music their vocals, instruments are required. They maybe independent or signed to a record label.

Artiste manager: They manage the affairs of an artiste. They are like a personal assistant to the artiste, they negotiate on behalf of the artiste.

Disk jockey: you know what they do, mostly during shows, they light the show up with songs, very versatile, they don't have to go searching for your song when you are up on stage😂😂

Show promoters: They may be also know as influencers if I'm not mistaken, they organized shows, get artiste to perform at shows etc.

Producers: Yeah, they are like the underrated ones, I mean, they mix, master your song, spice it up. Even you as an artiste will be like, is that me for real.

Beats makers: Before a song is produced, a beat as to be done first, to start with most songs are not stressful to make when the beats is already a banger. Beats producers are another set of underrated people in the industry to be honest.

Social media promoters: We are in the digital world so we have to take full advantage of it. Easily your music can be promoted by influencers like Facebook, Instagram, ticktock etc. Imagine using your song for creative contents online, you know what I mean.

Songwriters: Another set of people who are unknown, they are gifted with wit, word play, flows. They write verses, believe me a good one can charge as he or she pleases.

Streaming platforms: Imagine being the owner of a streaming platform like Spotify, audiomack etc. A lot of songs are released each day, we stream, download songs on the regular, this generates revenue for the artiste, label and the streaming platforms.

I really have to stop there, did I miss any role? Feel free to add yours on the comment section. I'm Naughty Uty, a music analyst, talent scout and consultant.

1 Like

Re: Roles In The Music Industry by SingerBecky(f): 10:36am On Apr 24
Music teacher/instructor. They are responsible for coaching artist

(1) (Reply)

Sound Sultan: A Creative Artist / Https://esnrepublic..com/2023/07/watch-wizkids-rehearsal-ahead-of-iconic / Don’t We All Chase Validation? | Ep. 159

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.