Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Anthem Lyrics (lions And Lionesses, Gather Here) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Anthem Lyrics (lions And Lionesses, Gather Here) (87 Views)

[download Now] Funaab Anthem: Lyrics + Audio / BVN: University Of Nigeria Nsukka Requires Bank Verification Number For Registra / Chinasa Ufodu, Overall Best Graduating Student University Of Nigeria Nsukka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Anthem Lyrics (lions And Lionesses, Gather Here) by Okoyepeter442(m): 4:40pm On Mar 27
The University of Nigeria anthem is a two verse song composed by Mr. Sam Ojukwu. Lions and Lionesses both at home in Nigeria or in diaspora could easily relate to this piece of song with a nostalgic feeling on the greatness and academic excellence by which the prestigious University of Nigeria stands for.

Verse 1
Solo: Hail Varsity of Nigeria, My Alma mater
Refrain: Hail her and rejoice for the sake of truth
Solo: Where young men and women do seek knowledge
Refrain: Hail her and rejoice for the sake of knowledge
Solo: Where the nation's potentials do brood in the nest
Refrain: Hail her and rejoice for her noble ideals
Solo: Hail Varsity per excellence our dreams come true
Refrain: Hail her and rejoice for the giant awakes

Tutti (All): My Alma mater, My Alma mater Noble are thy looks and thy ideals And great art thou in Science and in Arts In other realms of learning Thou art all sublime.

Verse 2
Solo: Hail Varsity of Nigeria, My Alma mater
Refrain: Hail her and rejoice for her lofty plans
Solo: The Varsity that is sited on soft green hills
Refrain: Hail her and rejoice for her beauty's sake
Solo: Hail Varsity of our glory, the pride of our land
Refrain: Hail her and rejoice for her light will shine
Solo: Hail Varsity per excellence our dream come true
Refrain: Hail her and rejoice for the giant awakes

Tutti (All): My Alma mater, My Alma mater Noble are thy looks and thy ideals And great art thou in Science and in Arts In other realms of learning Thou art all sublime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Nigeria, Nsukka Anthem Lyrics (lions And Lionesses, Gather Here) by christejames(m): 8:02am On Mar 28
The best anthem I have ever heard shocked

It should be modified and adopted as Nigeria's new anthem.

(1) (Reply)

April Fools’ Day: What To Know About The Playful Day / Roducate Learning App Partner Airtel To Provide Exam Success Bundle For Students / Who Understands This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.