Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,183 members, 7,815,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues (718 Views)

'It Is About Microchips' – Chris Oyakhilome On Black Lives Matter Protests / Pastor Oyemade Disagrees With Oyedepo, Oyakhilome On The Closure Of Churches / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome On 5G: Lagos And Abuja Shut By FG For Installation Of 5G (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by Seun(m): 1:45pm On Apr 01
Some of you haven't spoken in tongues yet. Even though everybody is speaking in tongues around you, you still don't speak in tongues. Why because you are saying to yourself "I don't want to force anything. If God is going to give me his special tongues he will give me." (laughter)

You believe that somehow when God is ready the real tongues will come.

And there are some of you, you used to speak in tongues until you were deceived by Satan that the tongues you were speaking were made up by yourself. So you stopped. Now you pray with your mounth open hoping somehow... (laughter). Nothing is coming out. You're thinking "I don't want to fake it".

Fake It? Why didn't you fake it before you were born again? (the crowd pauses for a moment and then erupts)
Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by God1000(m): 1:48pm On Apr 01
Our pastors should stop going diabolical and deceiving people just to make a point.

I remember way back in 2012, I was invited to a church program outside the school campus by my friend.

During the service, the pastor started moving from one row to another telling people that cannot speak in tongue to move out, I was forced to move to the altar too, this man was using white-handkerchief on people and they were falling down and rolling on the floor speaking strange language, when it got to my turn, I simply left the altar for him, he was just looking at me.

The Bible specifically teaches that not everyone is given the gift of tongues (I Corinthians 12:29-30). That is why it's dangerous to teach that tongues are the only signifying proof of the work of God's Spirit in a person's life.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by Amotolongbo(f): 1:51pm On Apr 01
Speaking in tongue ko, speaking in teeth ni.

You told me speaking in tongue is an heavenly language to communicate solely with God. The same speaking in tongues which people outside the upper house on the day of Pentecost could pick the languages spoken.

Some were even deceived that “Satan” won’t understand when you communicate with “God” in tongue speaking. Do you think Satan is geographically restricted or only understands one language?
Was it not the same Satan called Lucifer who was dwelling in heaven that still goes to heaven at will to communicate with God (like in the case of Job) and wanders everywhere on earth as it is written in your Bible?
Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by immortalcrown(m): 1:52pm On Apr 01
The "Fake it" sounds like a question. It sounds like, "Fake it?". I don't mean to defend the pastor. But I am being careful.

Why will I be desperate to speak in tongues? What is that thing that is impossible without speaking in tongues?

Many who can't speak in tongues are healthier, more successful and more moral than many who always speak in tongues. So, why the desperation to speak in tongues? Does the Bible say that only prayers offered in tongues will be answered? Does the Bible say that only those who speak in tongues will make Heaven?

6 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by Jogs1900: 1:59pm On Apr 01
Christ Embassy members that see speaking in tongue like a trophy.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by Amotolongbo(f): 2:01pm On Apr 01
Jogs1900:
I remember one of my days in school, two CE guys came to my room while I was sitting on my bed. The first question they asked me was if I believe in God, I said yes.
Next was “Do you believe that you can speak in tongues?”.

I got totally pissed off and told them to unpassenger me from their deluded uber ride

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by HeatSeeker(m): 2:03pm On Apr 01
Jogs1900:

It's what they have been taught and a corner stone of their spiritual practices.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by Seun(m): 2:08pm On Apr 01
immortalcrown:
The "Fake it" sounds like a question. It sounds like, "Fake it?". I don't mean to defend the pastor. But I am being careful.
Despite listening to it 3 times and typing out what he said, I didn't catch that. I think you are right, which means the message is incomplete.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by immortalcrown(m): 2:09pm On Apr 01
Seun:

Despite listening to it 3 times and typing out what he said, I didn't catch that. I think you are right, which means the message is incomplete.
Noted.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by advanceDNA: 2:14pm On Apr 01
immortalcrown:

U are right ....no need be careful...

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by EreluRoz: 2:21pm On Apr 01
Seun I've tried my possible best to ignore you for sometimes now over your constant attempt to dent the image of our GO in person of pastor Chris Oyakhilome who has tried his best to stay out of controversy but you keep doing things to spoil his image.

I'm warning you now to stay out of what you don't understand and don't try to dent the image of the body of Christ, there are repercussions when you throw stones at the anointed.

Retrace your steps now before you provoke God.
Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by Seun(m): 4:31pm On Apr 01
@EreluRoz: Do you understand what he meant by, "why didn't you fake it before you were born again?"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by EreluRoz: 4:38pm On Apr 01
immortalcrown:

Why will I be desperate to speak in tongues? What is that thing that is impossible without speaking in tongues?

Many who can't speak in tongues are healthier, more successful and more moral than many who always speak in tongues. So, why the desperation to speak in tongues? Does the Bible say that only prayers offered in tongues will be answered? Does the Bible say that only those who speak in tongues will make Heaven?
Seun you have your answer here.

Stop picking on him
Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:50pm On Apr 01
I used to fake it long before I truly got saved.

Although I wasn't speaking it at all after I truly got saved, because I hadn't yet received the utterance from God, I started faking it again owing to such false teachings that you don't have to wait to be given utterance by the Holy Ghost to speak in tongues.

But i stopped shortly because it was glaring I was only deceiving myself, and this was not the same as what I saw on Acts 2, hence I wasn't going to settle for anything less than what they had.

It took a long while, almost a decade, but the waiting was worthwhile because when it finally came, it was as good as what they received on the day of Pentecost.

It was from my experience I realized that the mighty rushing wind they heard on that day was actually the sound of God breathing.

I literally started hearing that sound myself with my ears and feeling the breeze of God's breath all over my body. it was similar to putting one's ears and body close to someone's nostrils.

That's the breath that powers the Words I utter whenever I speak in tongues, so it's the Spirit of God speaking 100% just as it was on the day of Pentecost.

The difference is depicted in the results.

We all know what happened on that day of Pentecost when they didn't fake tongues but spoke as the Spirit gave them utterance. The Spirit of God through His Voice went out of the building and drew many souls to Christ by Himself, even before the disciples have begun to go out and start preaching to the world.

A similar thing happened here when I was typing one day, and speaking in tongues, the result is there on my dp, as the person behind the other moniker could feel the presence of the Spirit from wherever he or she was on this planet, that's how the Spirit of God won that soul to Christ on that.

Many wonder how I was able to convert an NL atheist to Christ, and the power that often accompany my posts that makes some to weep and be crying out to God for forgiveness while going through them, well now you know. It's not by might nor power but by the Spirit of God.

Unfortunately many are not willing to wait for the Spirit of God, so they take matters into their own hands. They might feel good with themselves but they can never be able to replicate what the Spirit of God is able to do. Can they do with fake tongues what the Spirit of God on the day of Pentecost with His utterance?

There's a good reason Jesus told the disciples to wait for the Spirit of God to come upon them before going out to preach.

They needed the Holy Spirit to be able to succeed in the impossible assignment He gave to them.

So the whole point is it pays to wait for the Holy Spirit.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by Shomek(m): 5:51pm On Apr 01
All this religionist with their fake lies

1 Like

Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by Aidejay(m): 7:52am On Apr 06
Christians don't read their bibles.

They look at it, Yes!

Memorize it, Yes!

But read to understand! NO!

They're like sheep, you need to lead them to the interpretation and understanding. And sadly if the shepherd is a confused, money guzzling, attention wh*re they're misled and misinformed.

how do you tell a Daddy GO worshipping christian that what this man just said is not in the bible. How!?

2 Likes

Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by Judolisco(m): 6:50pm On Apr 06
It's jst how people speak in tongues right now that baffles me.... You're asked to pray a prayer for repentance of sin... And suddenly u start speaking in tongues.... Dis stuff shouldn't even be up for discussion..... 1st Corinthians 14:27-28 D bible says if anyone speaks in a tongue, two--or at the most three--should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret..... D next verse says
If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and God......

But now I see people jst speaking in tongues anyhow... Wetin dey xup na
Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by Kobojunkie: 11:42pm On Apr 06
Judolisco:
It's jst how people speak in tongues right now that baffles me.... You're asked to pray a prayer for repentance of sin... And suddenly u start speaking in tongues.... Dis stuff shouldn't even be up for discussion..... 1st Corinthians 14:27-28 D bible says if anyone speaks in a tongue, two--or at the most three--should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret..... D next verse says If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and God...... But now I see people jst speaking in tongues anyhow... Wetin dey xup na
Pray which prayer for what abeg? angry

First of all, there is no such thing as a "repentance prayer" in Scripture, not according to Jesus Christ. Second, Jesus Christ urged His followers to pray in secret and hiding. So when you folks pray your many prayers in the open and in full view and hearing of others, how do you convince yourselves that it is the same Jesus Christ and His Father who command the exact opposite that your cries go to? Na wa oo! undecided

Jesus Christ's talk says that speaking in tongues which will follow His own is the speaking of known languages — since there is no such thing as an unknown/Alien language as language was used from the beginning by humans. How Christians reason every time that Jesus Christ must have had it all wrong and that they know better than He did of the workings of His own Kingdom never ceases to amaze. undecided
Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by Judolisco(m): 6:09am On Apr 07
Kobojunkie:
Pray which prayer for what abeg? angry

First of all, there is no such thing as a "repentance prayer" in Scripture, not according to Jesus Christ. Second, Jesus Christ urged His followers to pray in secret and hiding. So when you folks pray your many prayers in the open and in full view and hearing of others, how do you convince yourselves that it is the same Jesus Christ and His Father who command the exact opposite that your cries go to? Na wa oo! undecided

Jesus Christ's talk says that speaking in tongues which will follow His own is the speaking of known languages — since there is no such thing as an unknown/Alien language as language was used from the beginning by humans. How Christians reason every time that Jesus Christ must have had it all wrong and that they know better than He did of the workings of His own Kingdom never ceases to amaze. undecided
sir Kobojunkie go find another person argue with dis morning.... Hw will u say there's nothing like repentance prayer grin
Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by Kobojunkie: 2:09am On Apr 08
Judolisco:
sir Kobojunkie go find another person argue with dis morning.... Hw will u say there's nothing like repentance prayer grin
Who gave you your "repentance prayer"? Who told you repentance, as preached by Jesus Christ is obtained through this so-called repentance prayer of yours? Jesus Christ? John the Baptist? Whom? undecided
Re: Chris Oyakhilome On Faking Speaking On Tongues by LifeQuest(m): 11:55am On Apr 09
God1000:
Our pastors should stop going diabolical and deceiving people just to make a point.

I remember way back in 2012, I was invited to a church program outside the school campus by my friend.

During the service, the pastor started moving from one row to another telling people that cannot speak in tongue to move out, I was forced to move to the altar too, this man was using white-handkerchief on people and they were falling down and rolling on the floor speaking strange language, when it got to my turn, I simply left the altar for him, he was just looking at me.

The Bible specifically teaches that not everyone is given the gift of tongues (I Corinthians 12:29-30). That is why it's dangerous to teach that tongues are the only signifying proof of the work of God's Spirit in a person's life.

You have just nailed it. Historic Christianity does not have a place for most of the things some 21st-century churches now practice.

(1) (Reply)

On Origins: Which Magisteria, Scientific Or Religious? / The 15 Er Uh Ten Commandments / De-conversion Story - Path Out Of Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.