Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,214 members, 7,839,133 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

How We Got Our Dream Job!!( Testimony Time) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How We Got Our Dream Job!!( Testimony Time) (131 Views)

My Testimony After My Boss Sacked Me / 'I Got A Job I'm Not Qualified For': A Testimony That Fuels Mediocrity - Man / 5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How We Got Our Dream Job!!( Testimony Time) by nnekaike(f): 1:41am On Apr 05
My heart has been bursting with happiness,I am sharing our job search story.

So for many many years Hubs has been searching for a job, yes he had one which was grossly underpaying,and no growth!!.

At a point we gave up on him ever getting another job after sending out so many applications and not even an interview invite!!..

Last year I intensely started researching on why there has been no interview invite at all ,upon all the many job applications, all my searches pointed to his CV and Cover letters .

I intensified my research and started contacting individuals and companies who write CVs, both here on nairaland, LinkedIn and Instagram, the prices I kept seeing where out of our pocket, some even charged in Dollars.

So I was determined that my hubby was going to get another job,he is too good a man to be unhappy. And in my determination I went on playstore and downloaded several CV Apps.

I kept working on my husbands CV day and night,kept on sending applications on his behalf,and we kept on getting rejections mails.

Some do not respond at all. At this point I felt it was spiritual, I started praying fervently about it and asked God for directions.

One day on playstore while looking for more apps to download I stumbled on an app called Intelligent CV and some one on IG explained how to make the perfect CV using chatGPT. I decided to try this too, but we kept on receiving rejection emails. I became tired and was giving up.

One day we saw a job AD and after much deliberation we decided to apply one last time,besides applications are free!.

Out of my tired spirit I prepared another CV like I always do for every job application,but this time because I had started to give up I just made the CV brief .

I highlighted his Skills, Achievements,
and his experiences with just 6 strong bullet points . The whole CV was just 1 page unlike others which ran into two pages or more.
Prepared a very strong Cover letter and applied.

In less than a month he got a test invite, interview and offer.

And just like that Our dream Job came with one of the biggest Multinationals in the world.
What we have waited for has come to pass!!.

Dear Job seekers,God is still in the business of doing wonders.
I have learnt a lot from our experience which I can't share all on nairaland.

If you have been applying for a job and no responses please work on your CV and Cover letters,they don't have to be lengthy but should contain key points on the Job description you are applying for .

Highlight your skills, achievements and experiences.Make sure key words from the Job AD is used. You should always twitch your CV and cover letter to Tally with the Job you are applying for.

Always research and research and Pray always.

Please when you called for interviews, prepare well . JOBZILLA helped us a lot while preparing for interview.

To everyone seeking for good Jobs ,this year will not pass without you having that job,AMEN.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Truck Driver Needed Asap / Business Intelligence Analyst / The Perfect Business Every Mom In Nigeria Is To Know In 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.