Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

History Reconstruction Via Ifa-an Example - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / History Reconstruction Via Ifa-an Example (211 Views)

Quran, Ifa And The Bible By Abdulrazaq O Hamzat / Ooni Of Ife: Whenever You Use Google, You’re Consulting Ifa -Oba Enitan Ogunwusi / Ooni Performs Ifa Festival Where Kolanut Is Mysteriously Swallowed By Ground(piç (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

History Reconstruction Via Ifa-an Example by lawani: 2:24am On Apr 10
History Reconstruction. The IJESA nation and the two Brazilian Orunmilas.

IFA alerted me in 2023 that a former President of Brazil, President Terver paid in millions of naira for ebo for the liberation of Yoruba land even when some so called elders on Yoruba land do not give a damn. I searched him up and he was a typical white man but I knew he must be a Yoruba descendant of course.
I later got to know during my IFA research that two Orunmila incarnations lived in Brazil. The first one whose grandfather landed in Brazil knew himself as Orunmila but the second one who was an Araba in Rorama (RR) did not know but he was a very prominent and well known Araba who died in 1786. He was born in 1696. The first Orunmila was his great great grandfather and President Terver is a descendant of the second Orunmila of Brazil.

How did they get there?. I got the story below via IFA.

The IJESA nation and the Palm oil trade.
Yeye Gunrogbo was the Owa Obokun of IJESA land. She was one of the four women that attained the rank out of 47 people so far.
Palm oil had become gold in Europe because it was one of the first oils of the industrial revolution and it was more sought after than the alternative available in India. The IJESA had it being.produced in large quantities in the over 400 cities, towns and villages under their control on their land as at then but they had no access to the sea except via the Oyo controlled Porto Novo. The IJESA did not want to have anything to do with the Oyo. The IJESA themselves were extorting Oyo traders at a point which led to an Oyo garrison being stationed on the trade route to the coast and that garrison became Ede whose land was formerly under IJESA control. The IJESA can not hope to get favorable terms from the Oyo. They therefore approached the Portuguese via the Oba of Benin because he had connections with them and there were many Portuguese in the city. The Portuguese agreed to take all Ijesa palm oil at a price that favored the Ijesa but the port to use became a problem. Yeye Gunrogbo said she will solve that problem and she solved it by approaching the King of the Awori whose land is on the coast and she sent emissaries to the monarch who said there is no problem so far it is just a trading post and an agreement was reached. The Owa Obokun sent emissaries to Benin and the OdU cast for the settlement action for trade and etc at Benin was OSE Irosun. IFA said that is the real Odu of Lagos island and the second one cast on getting there is less potent. The Benin chose the foreman and two supervisors. It was a joint venture and the Ijesa were supposed to choose two supervisors too since tgey owned the initiative and most of the palm oil but they gave the concession to the Portuguese. Two chiefs in Lagos island according to IFA are descended from Portugal. It was the foreman that became the Eleko and later the Oba of Lagos. The four foremen are the ancestors of the principal chiefs. Since the IJESA had a foothold in the place they started going to Europe and the Americas via the place. Two princes from IJESA land went together at one point. They were Prince Atakunmosa who later became the Owa Obokun and a prince of the Ogboni Ibokun. They went together, spent nine years there and left two sons each according to IFA. The prince of Ibokun was a descendant of Orunmila and the ancestor of President Trever of Brazil that landed from West Africa.
Re: History Reconstruction Via Ifa-an Example by UMUAZEE: 4:53pm On Apr 10
lawani:

IFA alerted me in 2023 that a former President of Brazil, President Terver paid in millions of naira for ebo for the liberation of Yoruba land even when some so called elders on Yoruba land do not give a damn. I searched him up and he was a typical white man but I knew he must be a Yoruba descendant of course.
I later got to know during my IFA research that two Orunmila incarnations lived in Brazil. The first one whose grandfather landed in Brazil knew himself as Orunmila but the second one who was an Araba in Rorama (RR) did not know but he was a very prominent and well known Araba who died in 1786. He was born in 1696. The first Orunmila was his great great grandfather and President Terver is a descendant of the second Orunmila of Brazil.

Yeye Gunrogbo was the Owa Obokun of IJESA land. She was one of the four women that attained the rank out of 47 people so far.
Palm oil had become gold in Europe because it was one of the first oils of the industrial revolution and it was more sought after than the alternative available in India. The IJESA had it being.produced in large quantities in the over 400 cities, towns and villages under their control on their land as at then but they had no access to the sea except via the Oyo controlled Porto Novo. The IJESA did not want to have anything to do with the Oyo. The IJESA themselves were extorting Oyo traders at a point which led to an Oyo garrison being stationed on the trade route to the coast and that garrison became Ede whose land was formerly under IJESA control. The IJESA can not hope to get favorable terms from the Oyo. They therefore approached the Portuguese via the Oba of Benin because he had connections with them and there were many Portuguese in the city. The Portuguese agreed to take all Ijesa palm oil at a price that favored the Ijesa but the port to use became a problem. Yeye Gunrogbo said she will solve that problem and she solved it by approaching the King of the Awori whose land is on the coast and she sent emissaries to the monarch who said there is no problem so far it is just a trading post and an agreement was reached. The Owa Obokun sent emissaries to Benin and the OdU cast for the settlement action for trade and etc at Benin was OSE Irosun. IFA said that is the real Odu of Lagos island and the second one cast on getting there is less potent. The Benin chose the foreman and two supervisors. It was a joint venture and the Ijesa were supposed to choose two supervisors too since tgey owned the initiative and most of the palm oil but they gave the concession to the Portuguese. Two chiefs in Lagos island according to IFA are descended from Portugal. It was the foreman that became the Eleko and later the Oba of Lagos. The four foremen are the ancestors of the principal chiefs. Since the IJESA had a foothold in the place they started going to Europe and the Americas via the place. Two princes from IJESA land went together at one point. They were Prince Atakunmosa who later became the Owa Obokun and a prince of the Ogboni Ibokun. They went together, spent nine years there and left two sons each according to IFA. The prince of Ibokun was a descendant of Orunmila and the ancestor of President Trever of Brazil that landed from West Africa.

With all your rant about Yoruba and Brazilian connections, Benin Kingdom was the first African nation to recognize Brazil as an independent nation in 1820s. This means Yoruba kingdoms were small and insignificant and probably under the Benin Empire

5 Likes

Re: History Reconstruction Via Ifa-an Example by RedboneSmith(m): 6:51pm On Apr 10
lawani:

……

The prince of Ibokun was a descendant of Orunmila and the ancestor of President Trever of Brazil that landed from West Africa.

It’s either Ifa lied to you, or you’re a charlatan. 😂

To begin with, Brazil never had a president called Terver. So I’m going to assume it’s a typo and that you actually meant President Temer.

Your first problem is that you don’t even know Temer’s background, because if you did you’d know his family does not have the long history of being in Brazil that would have allowed him to be partially of Afro-Brazilian (in this case, Yoruba) ancestry.

Temer’s parents are both Lebanese, and they migrated to Brazil only in 1925. In fact, Temer’s older siblings were born in Lebanon, before his parents japa-ed to Brazil.

So where would Yoruba blood have entered the Temer family tree? In Lebanon? Did the trans-Atlantic slave trade carry Yorubas to Lebanon?

The white Brazilians that would conceivably have some African and therefore Yoruba or Angolan roots would be the white Brazilians of Portuguese or Iberian descent who have been part of the Brazilian landscape for many centuries. Not a second-generation immigrant whose parents arrived from Lebanon only in the 20th century.

Be like Ifa been dey use Latin speak to you.

7 Likes

Re: History Reconstruction Via Ifa-an Example by lawani: 6:14pm On Apr 11
UMUAZEE:

With all your rant about Yoruba and Brazilian connections, Benin Kingdom was the first African nation to recognize Brazil as an independent nation in 1820s. This means Yoruba kingdoms were small and insignificant and probably under the Benin Empire

Benin was a Yoruba empire not different from Ijesa or Ijebu. Edo was one of the languages of the empire's peoples but not official. Edo as a language in the Benin empire did not have as many speakers as Igbo. I wonder when you will understand this
Re: History Reconstruction Via Ifa-an Example by lawani: 6:35pm On Apr 11
RedboneSmith:

To begin with, Brazil never had a president called Terver. So I’m going to assume it’s a typo and that you actually meant President Temer.

Sorry I will correct the name. I did not know the man before IFA alerted me that he was the one represented by a Brazilian Awo on my Facebook stream. Oluwo Fagbohun Ajisafe. He is also a white Yoruba man. There are more white Yoruba people than blacks maybe double. He paid the Oluwo millions to offer ebo for the liberation of Yoruba land. I was not looking for him before I found him and I have no reason at all to doubt the word of IFA which is the word of God. The Yoruba, given the population.of their home base compared to Portugal, the liberal nature of their society and the fact they arrived with the Portuguese to the new world ahead of non Spaniard and Portuguese Europeans will be the largest nationality in Brazil by head count. No doubt about that. The language use in Brazil is second only to Portuguese. That is the reality.

Your first problem is that you don’t even know Temer’s background, because if you did you’d know his family does not have the long history of being in Brazil that would have allowed him to be partially of Afro-Brazilian (in this case, Yoruba) ancestry.

Temer’s parents are both Lebanese, and they migrated to Brazil only in 1925. In fact, Temer’s older siblings were born in Lebanon, before his parents japa-ed to Brazil.

So where would Yoruba blood have entered the Temer family tree? In Lebanon? Did the trans-Atlantic slave trade carry Yorubas to Lebanon?

The white Brazilians that would conceivably have some African and therefore Yoruba or Angolan roots would be the white Brazilians of Portuguese or Iberian descent who have been part of the Brazilian landscape for many centuries. Not a second-generation immigrant whose parents arrived from Lebanon only in the 20th century.

Re: History Reconstruction Via Ifa-an Example by lawani: 6:37pm On Apr 11
RedboneSmith:

Sorry I will correct the name. I did not know the man before IFA alerted me that he was the one represented by a Brazilian Awo on my Facebook stream. Oluwo Fagbohun Ajisafe. He is also a white Yoruba man. There are more white Yoruba people than blacks maybe double. He paid the Oluwo millions to offer ebo for the liberation of Yoruba land. I was not looking for him before I found him and I have no reason at all to doubt the word of IFA which is the word of God. The Yoruba, given the population.of their home base compared to Portugal, the liberal nature of their society and the fact they arrived with the Portuguese to the new world ahead of non Spaniard and Portuguese Europeans will be the largest nationality in Brazil by head count. No doubt about that. The language use in Brazil is second only to Portuguese. That is the reality.

[quote author=RedboneSmith post=129370403]

Re: History Reconstruction Via Ifa-an Example by UMUAZEE: 7:05pm On Apr 11
lawani:

Benin was a Yoruba empire not different from Ijesa or Ijebu. Edo was one of the languages of the empire's peoples but not official. Edo as a language in the Benin empire did not have as many speakers as Igbo. I wonder when you will understand this

Benin was never a Yoruba empire but you can believe what you want but true fact is Benin Empire historically was greater than Oyo, Ife and all Yoruba kingdoms and as at 1820s was a civilized and progressive kingdom and was even on world stage unlike the Yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: History Reconstruction Via Ifa-an Example by lawani: 7:45pm On Apr 11
UMUAZEE:

Benin was never a Yoruba empire but you can believe what you want but true fact is Benin Empire historically was greater than Oyo, Ife and all Yoruba kingdoms and as at 1820s was a civilized and progressive kingdom and was even on world stage unlike the Yorubas.

What is your level.of education?. For thousands of years before Nigeria, Benin language was not spoken to anyone not in the Benin suburbs. I hope you know that?. Benin in extent was confined to Edo state parts of Ondo and Ekiti Delta and fringes of Igbo land at its greatest extent and what English is to Nigeria was what Yoruba was to Benin but more, because Yoruba was indigenous to the empire. All the big cities were speaking Yoruba only and they were Benin, Akure and Warri. Others were villages
Re: History Reconstruction Via Ifa-an Example by UMUAZEE: 11:57pm On Apr 11
lawani:

What is your level.of education?. For thousands of years before Nigeria, Benin language was not spoken to anyone not in the Benin suburbs. I hope you know that?. Benin in extent was confined to Edo state parts of Ondo and Ekiti Delta and fringes of Igbo land at its greatest extent and what English is to Nigeria was what Yoruba was to Benin but more, because Yoruba was indigenous to the empire. All the big cities were speaking Yoruba only and they were Benin, Akure and Warri. Others were villages

I know I am more educated and more reasonable than you are.
Even if Benin Kingdom covered Edo state, parts of Ekiti, ondo, delta and parts of Igbo land like you say (although the empire extended more than that) it's influence, politics and fame extended worldwide..
Benin Kingdom was the the 3rd nation after USA and Portugal to recognize Brazil Independence in 1824.
This means Benin was already playing international politics when your Yoruba villages were still trying to find their feet.

FYI, Yoruba was only spoken in Yoruba lands just as Edo languages were spoken in Benin and also spoken in our conquered Yoruba territories.

1 Like

Re: History Reconstruction Via Ifa-an Example by BabaRamota1980: 12:53pm On Apr 12
lawani:

Some of these stories get k-leg. In Benin history, all its proxy rulerships were commissioned under suzerain hold, with full regalia of office and ritual order. The proxy seat of power established in Lagos is no exception of that template.

(1) (Reply)

Lagos’ Creative Brilliance Is Highlighted In Google’s Eko For Show / Ccelerationist / Why Wear House Slippers In The Summer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.