Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

Why Are People Who Get Drowned In The River Buried By The Riverside? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are People Who Get Drowned In The River Buried By The Riverside? (1190 Views)

Why Are Drowning Victims Buried By The River? / Why Is Sacrifice Made Before Burying Someone That Drowned? / Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are People Who Get Drowned In The River Buried By The Riverside? by atiku4President(m): 9:41am On Apr 11
I am from a riverine village and ever since I was born, I have noticed that anyone who gets drowned in any of the rivers around my village is usually buried by the side of that particular river where the person got drowned. In fact, it's usually not negotiable. Not only that, most of the victim's belonging like clothes, shoes etc are brought from the victim's house and buried along with the victim. The next day life would continue and one would see children and adults swimming, playing and shouting at the top of their voices in the river. I don't really know why it's is so.

One thing again I noticed is that those of from the villages where the rivers are situated hardly get drowned in these rivers. In fact, to say 'hardly gets drowned' is being economical with the truth. Till today, I have never heard of anyone from my village or other villages that boarder the rivers who got drowned in any of the rivers. It's usually people from the upland villages and distant communities that get drowned in the rivers. In fact, on one occasion, it was one young man from the same community with me, but from one of the upland villages. That very day on my way coming back from the river, he rode recklessly past me on his old bicycle going to the river. After sometime, news began to filter in from the busy river that he got drowned in the river. I was shocked to my marrows to hear that and only told a few people that I saw him going to the river some minutes ago.
Re: Why Are People Who Get Drowned In The River Buried By The Riverside? by Ibej: 9:49am On Apr 11
i guess this only happens in Africa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Who Get Drowned In The River Buried By The Riverside? by Balablue64: 10:26am On Apr 11
It is the river that took them so they belongs to the river, that's why. Same with deity, if oracle kill you your corpse will be taken to the shrine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Who Get Drowned In The River Buried By The Riverside? by BlacKudz: 12:34pm On Apr 11
Atikuforpresident

I recently saw your response for the Lhasa apso

Kindly call/whatsapp 07010764332
If you’re still interested?
Re: Why Are People Who Get Drowned In The River Buried By The Riverside? by Kenneth4u205(m): 6:40pm On Apr 13
The water spirit/marine spirits will modify the soul of those that is buried beside the water . This demonically modified souls will be given to ladies that came to the water to seek for the fruits of the womb.

Those ladies will become pregnant and give birth to babies that are here on earth for demonic assignments.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are People Who Get Drowned In The River Buried By The Riverside? by Verbtips(m): 10:01pm On Apr 14
Kenneth4u205:
The water spirit/marine spirits will modify the soul of those that is buried beside the water . This demonically modified souls will be given to ladies that came to the water to seek for the fruits of the womb.

Those ladies will become pregnant and give birth to babies that are here on earth for demonic assignments.
expanciate bro cus dis one no dey bible,abi na 2much kanayo film dey cus dis one??
if is assign for a man to die once after that judgement,so with that don't you think your theory defiles the bible law

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Who Get Drowned In The River Buried By The Riverside? by Kenneth4u205(m): 7:03am On Apr 15
I said this are demonic modified souls that no longer obey the law of nature. A normal soul created by God is assigned to die once and after that judgement. But these ones I'm referring to are no longer normal souls created by God . Are actually demons in human form
Verbtips:
expanciate bro cus dis one no dey bible,abi na 2much kanayo film dey cus dis one??
if is assign for a man to die once after that judgement,so with that don't you think your theory defiles the bible law

1 Like

Re: Why Are People Who Get Drowned In The River Buried By The Riverside? by Verbtips(m): 7:10am On Apr 15
Kenneth4u205:
I said this are demonic modified souls that no longer obey the law of nature. A normal soul created by God is assigned to die once and after that judgement. But these ones I'm referring to are no longer normal souls created by God . Are actually demons in human form
ok i got it
Re: Why Are People Who Get Drowned In The River Buried By The Riverside? by Sirhush(m): 4:22pm On Apr 22
Just yesterday Gbolahan went to swim at the river and before you know it he was drowned, so sad and he spend one day under the water.

Another point I hear is that when someone drowned under the water and dey went to check for him if dey find he or she 🛐 in this position you must not touch, unless na akufa

(1) (Reply)

Fulaman lord of the Bantus come here / Beautiful Images From The Coronation Process Of The 36th Oba Of Benin / Whats Is The Meaning "Afonja" And Other Slogans Used On Nairaland?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.