Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE (406 Views)

Yorubas Are Not Originally From Ife. Oduduwa Came From Somewhere.....Oluwo / The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri / Igbos Of Bioko, Equatorial Guinea - A Forgotten Minority Tribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE by babasolution: 7:24pm On Apr 14
The misconception of many minority tribes that they migrated from IFE comes from the fact that many minority tribes have the concept of Oduduwa in their culture also.

Many minority tribes that claim origin from IFE have historical concept of Oduduwa, with different names such as odudurudu in the Akoko-edo zone,idu or ekalerdan in Benin,Oduduwa in igala zone, also in urhobo down to the Igbo ,ijaw zone.

These groups of cultures have the Oduduwa concept along with the Yoruba.

Thus creating a misconception that they come from IFE.

What is not taken to account is that the concept of Oduduwa or the personality itself might be from a non Yoruba culture, it might be a borrowed concept by the Yoruba.

The concept of Oduduwa might be have been borrowed by the Yorubas as they claim he was a stranger.

The person they claim to be Oduduwa might not even be the original.

There is claim that some of the oldest fossils n relics were found in IFE or Yoruba land but what isn't considered is that there hasn't been much digging especially in non majority tribe zones, the majority tribes takes all the shine in NIG.

Many minority tribes are far older than the majority tribes.
Re: Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE by 100millionGoal: 7:39pm On Apr 14
babasolution:
The misconception of many minority tribes that they migrated from IFE comes from the fact that many minority tribes have the concept of Oduduwa in their culture also.

Many minority tribes that claim origin from IFE have historical concept of Oduduwa, with different names such as odudurudu in the Akoko-edo zone,idu or ekalerdan in Benin,Oduduwa in igala zone, also in urhobo down to the Igbo ,ijaw zone.

What is not taken to account is that the concept of Oduduwa or the personality itself might be from a non Yoruba culture, it might be a borrowed concept by the Yoruba.

The concept of Oduduwa might be have been borrowed by the Yorubas as they claim he was a stranger.

There is claim that some of the oldest fossils n relics were found in IFE or Yoruba land but what isn't considered is that there hasn't been much digging especially in non majority tribe zones, the majority tribes takes all the shine in NIG.

Back up your nonsense with evidence next Time.

Edo will first piss on the grave of Oduduwa before they accept they came from him or his lineage.

It is actually the other way around.

Every Edo I know believes the Yorubas originated from the Great benin kingdom.

They're different evidence to this 😁😁😁
Re: Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE by Dream25: 8:56pm On Apr 14
100millionGoal:

Back up your nonsense with evidence next Time.

Edo will first piss on the grave of Oduduwa before they accept they came from him or his lineage.

It is actually the other way around.

Every Edo I know believes the Yorubas originated from the Great benin kingdom.

They're different evidence to this 😁😁😁
I wanted to reply the Op first but I think you need the reply more...

Every Edo you know?.. From where Omo Igbo?... Why do you like lying?.

Yoruba have always been specific about owning the crown of Benin Oba.. The current Oba of Benin on his coronation call himself the son of oranmiyan and grandson of oduduwa. He put clause on everything he said by saying the Benin people believe Oduduwa is one Elkerhadan, the bannish prince of Benin..

Yoruba is not claiming the whole Edo but Benin specifically.. Ask the ogiso family, they'll tell you the truth.. The Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man.. Oranmiyan, a Yoruba man established the Oba dynasty of Benin. He sack Ogiso and establish the Oba dynasty, this is a historical facts that even Oba of Benin and Ogiso families don't deny..

Modern attempt to distort history by claiming Oduduwa is a bannished Benin prince has failed already.. There's no evidence, it's just a story created in the 1970 to downplay Yoruba influence in Benin.. No work pre 1970 that lay claim to this...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE by Dream25: 8:58pm On Apr 14
babasolution:

I hope one day your hatred for Yoruba will not lead you to commit suicide...

You only live to denigrate Yoruba by claiming what you're not, aren't you ashamed?..

4 Likes

Re: Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE by 100millionGoal: 9:02pm On Apr 14
Dream25:

I wanted to reply the Op first but I think you need the reply more...

Every Edo you know?.. From where Omo Igbo?... Why do you like lying?.

Yoruba have always been specific about owning the crown of Benin Oba.. The current Oba of Benin on his coronation call himself the son of oranmiyan and grandson of oduduwa. He put clause on everything he said by saying the Benin people believe Oduduwa is one Elkerhadan, the bannish prince of Benin..

Yoruba is not claiming the whole Edo but Benin specifically.. Ask the ogiso family, they'll tell you the truth.. The Oba of Benin is a Yoruba man.. Oranmiyan, a Yoruba man established the Oba dynasty of Benin. He sack Ogiso and establish the Oba dynasty, this is a historical facts that even Oba of Benin and Ogiso families don't deny..

Modern attempt to distort history by claiming Oduduwa is a bannished Benin prince has failed already.. There's no evidence, it's just a story created in the 1970 to downplay Yoruba influence in Benin.. No work pre 1970 that lay claim to this...

Just like they're no evidence to the trash you posted Above.

Move along man

Go-to Benin and tell them a Yoruba founded Benin city.

Lagos is called Eko for a reason 😁😁
Re: Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE by 100millionGoal: 9:02pm On Apr 14
Dream25:

I hope one day your hatred for Yoruba will not lead you to commit suicide...

You only live to denigrate Yoruba by claiming what you're not, aren't you ashamed?..

Your fellow Yorubas needs this advice more 😁
Re: Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE by Dream25: 9:04pm On Apr 14
100millionGoal:

Move along man

If this is all you can deduce from my post, I've no answer for you...

My Igbo friends are wise, I wonder where you got your dumbness from..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE by 100millionGoal: 9:08pm On Apr 14
Dream25:

If this is all you can deduce from my post, I've no answer for you...

My Igbo friends are wise I wonder where you got your dumbness from..
Get lost then 😊
Re: Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE by Christistruth00: 1:44am On Apr 16
100millionGoal:

Move along man

That was why when Benin's Ogiso dynasty got into trouble it was to to Ile Ife they returned for a new king and dynasty

Obagodo of Ile Ife Founded Benin and it's Ogiso dynasty
Eko is short for Ereko which means field in Yoruba
Erekosun means Island in Yoruba.
Ereko market is still on Lagos Island till Today .
Osun State has Eko Ajala Eko Ende and Eko Onde
Lagos Island was Eko Aromire which the Portuguese corrupted to Korame

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE by babasolution: 1:53am On Apr 16
Christistruth00:

Obagodo of Ile Ife Founded Benin and it's Ogiso dynasty
Eko is short for Ereko which means field in Yoruba
Ereko market is still on Lagos Island till Today

Uhe might not be IFE, there's,uhe in igala area.
But whatever the case,Benin developed in its own unique identity different from any Yoruba identity, no Yoruba state was as organised and developed like Benin through out history

1 Like

Re: Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE by Christistruth00: 1:57am On Apr 16
babasolution:

But whatever the case,Benin developed in its own unique identity different from any Yoruba identity, no Yoruba state was as organised and developed like Benin through out history

Uhe was Ile Ife

Listen to Chief David Edebiri from 10 minutes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZQZl-yyNqE?si=96QkkJ3r5MvzMusU

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE by Christistruth00: 9:22am On Apr 16
babasolution:

Ile Ife is Uhe
Oranmiyan left from the Present Ile Ife
and Oduduwa's grave is still there and Opa Oranmiyan are still there

Re: Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE by babasolution: 11:15am On Apr 16
Christistruth00:

Ile Ife is Uhe
Oranmiyan left from the Present Ile Ife
and Oduduwa's grave is still there and Opa Oranmiyan are still there

There's no certainty in this IFE tale,some Yoruba historians, even traditional historians disprove it,eg I was listening to an owo traditional historian who disproved the oromiyan tale,he said Oduduwa had only two sons,the oba of Benin and the olowo of owo,he said oromiyan was a warrior SLAVE.

Who do we then believe?

The true history of Oduduwa has not yet been deciphered,that is why I believe, he probably wasn't even Yoruba and might be from a minority tribe and came to Yorubaland has a stranger
Re: Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE by Christistruth00: 8:44pm On Apr 18
babasolution:

There's no certainty in this IFE tale,some Yoruba historians, even traditional historians disprove it,eg I was listening to an owo traditional historian who disproved the oromiyan tale,he said Oduduwa had only two sons,the oba of Benin and the olowo of owo,he said oromiyan was a warrior SLAVE.

Who do we then believe?

The true history of Oduduwa has not yet been deciphered,that is why I believe, he probably wasn't even Yoruba and might be from a minority tribe and came to Yorubaland has a stranger

It is Certain

Oduduwa’s grave is in the present Ile Ife
Re: Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE by Olu317(m): 11:44am On Apr 19
100millionGoal:

Move along man

I wonder when new generations of Bini accept Yoruba civilized your igodomigodo kingdom.

Someties I ask reason Bini use a lot of Yoruba words in their daily activities for communication in their dictions and Yoruba do not use Bini's.

Even, Ologuu/Ologun/Olu-ogun, a royal Yoruba name which stands for "lord of war" is also a praise nameof Oba Bini, which is not used for anyone in Bini land except the Oba only.

Infact,it is a funny reading your claim that you have not grip of the fact that Ogiamien families in Bini land are the original owners of Igodomigodo turned Bini.

Furthermore,Ohen Okun the head chief and chief priest of Oloku(of Yoruba in origin) state that in the account of 1486-1506, of Bini--Portuguese relationship affirm, Ekarleradan founded Gwatto in eleventh century and died in Gwatto.
Re: Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE by babasolution: 12:30pm On Apr 20
Christistruth00:

It is Certain

Oduduwa’s grave is in the present Ile Ife

It's a lie, Oduduwas grave is not known

1 Like

Re: Why Minority Tribes Say They Come From IFE by Christistruth00: 2:29pm On Apr 20
babasolution:

It's a lie, Oduduwas grave is not known

It is Known
Oduduwa is buried in Ile Ife
They have turned his grave into a Shrine

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Http://befitandhealthyadvice.co.uk/essential-eye-cream/ / Kitchen Fitters Coventry / To Eat More Hot Dogs Than The Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.