Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? (17783 Views)

Lack Of Electricity How I spend 160,000 naira a Month on fuel? / Electricity: How Many Hours Of Power Do You Receive Daily? / Electricity: How To Fill Form For Prepaid Meter, Requirements And Amount To Pay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by ufotunang: 12:04pm On Apr 15
HeadNigga:
Educate me nairalanders. How do I know the band I am on. I am obviously not on band A because we hardly have light for 2 hours daily here. Is there a code or website for checking one's band category?

Band A,...20 to 24 hours light everyday
Band B..16 to 20 hours light everyday
Band C....12 to 16 hours everyday
Band D....8 to 12 hours light everyday
Band E...4 to 8 hours light everyday
Band F...0 to 4 hours everyday
Band G to Band Z....0 hours light everyday

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by jmoore(m): 12:07pm On Apr 15
casualobserver:

It is difficult to educated the poorly educated and the uneducatable. You have access to the internet but the 1st place you go to is Nairaland?

Every disco has the list of bands on their website. It’s part of the law and they have all complied. If The OP and typical nairalanders had any brains that would have been their first port of call.

That is the kind of citizens we are. Dumb!!
Can you prove that aba power has complied?
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by barrysome001: 12:12pm On Apr 15
HeadNigga:
Educate me nairalanders. How do I know the band I am on. I am obviously not on band A because we hardly have light for 2 hours daily here. Is there a code or website for checking one's band category?

Visit the website of the DISCO serving you.

NERC gave DISCOs directives to make provision on their websites where customers can verify their respective bands.
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by HeadNigga: 12:25pm On Apr 15
barrysome001:

Visit the website of the DISCO serving you.

NERC gave DISCOs directives to make provision on their websites where customers can verify their respective bands.
my disco didn't do that. EEDC to be specific.
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by Hectroy(m): 12:33pm On Apr 15
Keep deceiving yourself with BAND a-z. They know how to sell you dummy. Is it not the same light we've been enjoying before this new regime? It hasn't been this bad and to think that people are falling for this gimmick beat my imagination. The reality is that the nation energy sector is in comatose and there's need for a change of hand to enable more competent person take charge. The consistent collapse of power grid is a pointer. The light supply in a week is not up to 2 hrs cumulatively. What a sham of a country!

1 Like

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by Tonnyray: 12:40pm On Apr 15
VLYON506:
Looking at band groupings, people with less than one hour of light—in which category are they? cheesy grin angry sad
BAND IT grin
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by Gbadebo19(m): 1:23pm On Apr 15
HeadNigga:

There are actually only two bands in Nigeria. Just choose one for yourself. It is either you are on the CONTRA-BAND OR THE RUBBER-BAND grin grin
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by barrysome001: 1:56pm On Apr 15
HeadNigga:
my disco didn't do that. EEDC to be specific.
Poor them!

Found this on their website: https://www.enugudisco.com/index.php/feeder-compliance/band-a-feeder-availability

It can give a guide.

Alternatively, you can ask their officials or check the receipt of your next electricity unit purchase.
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by Emman08: 2:25pm On Apr 15
If you're supplied by AEDC, check this site https://infocheck.abujaelectricity.com/. If you input your meter number you'll see your Band. If you're in another region, call your Disco
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by Medici777: 3:15pm On Apr 15
HeadNigga:

yours na banditry
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by zoraro(m): 4:15pm On Apr 15
casualobserver:

It is difficult to educate the poorly educated and the uneducatable. You have access to the internet but the 1st place you go to is Nairaland?

Every disco has the list of bands on their website. It’s part of the law and they have all complied. If The OP and typical nairalanders had any brains that would have been their first port of call.

That is the kind of citizens we are. Dumb!!

Your mindset is totally wrong. Is nairaland not a part of the internet, go to websites like quora and reddit, etc. they ask even more ridiculous questions there and answers are given.

1 Like

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by MrDoGood(m): 5:01pm On Apr 15
omoredia:
U are a bandit be that

grin grin grin grin

This is hilarious
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by casualobserver: 5:04pm On Apr 15
zoraro:

Your mindset is totally wrong. Is nairaland not a part of the internet, go to websites like quora and reddit, etc. they ask even more ridiculous questions there and answers are given.

1.Nairaland is full of dumb or equally ignorant people (95%)
2. The effort made in asking dumb people by the equally dumb is better spent visiting the appropriate disco’s website or the NERC website.
3.like I said, Nairaland is full of dumb people. The kind of people that ask dumb people for things they can find out themselves.

The point is as a supposedly educated person, your first point of call if you require official information is the official source itself. If you do not know that, then your education has been a waste because the purpose of education is to train you to think.

Your point that it is okay to ask a pool of dumb people on the internet questions because somewhere among them you may get the correct answer is a very dumb concept. Why? Because you don’t know how accurate the info you are getting is. Why not use your education and what little initiative you have and go to the source of authentic information?

You are not asking for opinions like marital advice etc, you are asking for factual information from a bunch of largely uninformed people? Does that make sense to you?

1 Like

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by Jegustommy: 6:26pm On Apr 15
omoredia:
U are a bandit be that
you are funny man
Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by davidtemi(m): 7:32pm On Apr 15
SeeWahala:
Op you can never know cry

Just pay whatever they show you is your bill wink

Welcome to tilumbu's 9ja cool

It's simply called bondage i mean band-Age wink

See wahala 🤣

1 Like

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by zoraro(m): 11:57am On Apr 17
casualobserver:

1.Nairaland is full of dumb or equally ignorant people (95%)
2. The effort made in asking dumb people by the equally dumb is better spent visiting the appropriate disco’s website or the NERC website.
3.like I said, Nairaland is full of dumb people. The kind of people that ask dumb people for things they can find out themselves.

The point is as a supposedly educated person, your first point of call if you require official information is the official source itself. If you do not know that, then your education has been a waste because the purpose of education is to train you to think.

Your point that it is okay to ask a pool of dumb people on the internet questions because somewhere among them you may get the correct answer is a very dumb concept. Why? Because you don’t know how accurate the info you are getting is. Why not use your education and what little initiative you have and go to the source of authentic information?

You are not asking for opinions like marital advice etc, you are asking for factual information from a bunch of largely uninformed people? Does that make sense to you?

You still are not getting the point. Let me educate you, then. The point is that, there are no stupid or dumb questions and besides, you might get a new insight to a question when you see other people's answer. You get?
Also, a wrong answer could be a clue to getting the right answer for an informed person. I am not sure if that will make sense to an ITK (I too know) person, though.

1 Like

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by casualobserver: 4:27pm On Apr 17
zoraro:

You still are not getting the point. Let me educate you, then. The point is that, there are no stupid or dumb questions and besides, you might get a new insight to a question when you see other people's answer. You get?
Also, a wrong answer could be a clue to getting the right answer for an informed person. I am not sure if that will make sense to an ITK (I too know) person, though.
you are clearly dumb and do not know the difference or the point.

You are asking a factual question not for opinions. There is a place to get a factual answer…the source.

You ask a question that requires a factual answer from a pool made up of largely uninformed people you will get what you deserve.

That you don’t know the difference and continue to argue shows which category of nairalanders you belong….the dumb 95%!!

1 Like

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by zoraro(m): 4:13pm On Apr 18
casualobserver:
you are clearly dumb and do not know the difference or the point.

You are asking a factual question not for opinions. There is a place to get a factual answer…the source.

You ask a question that requires a factual answer from a pool made up of largely uninformed people you will get what you deserve.

That you don’t know the difference and continue to argue shows which category of nairalanders you belong….the dumb 95%!!

Please tell us the source where you got the information that nairaland is a "pool made up of largely uninformed people"? It is only a fool that will assert publicly that he is wise and all knowing.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by Ganjafama(m): 7:40pm On Apr 18
zoraro:

Please tell us the source where you got the information that nairaland is a "pool made up of largely uninformed people"? It is only a fool that will assert publicly that he is wise and all knowing.
You are wasting your time explaining to him. He thinks he knows more than everyone else .

1 Like

Re: Electricity: How Do I Know The Band I Am On? by zoraro(m): 8:21pm On Apr 18
Thank you @ Ganjafama. I won't reply him again.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola Marks 2,900 Days In Office (photos) / Dockworkers Commend President Buhari, FG For Reopening BUA Terminal, Rivers Port / APC Consensus Meeting Ends In Stalemate, National Chairman Absent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.