Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,152 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

The Ceo's Favorite (an Office Romance) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Ceo's Favorite (an Office Romance) (351 Views)

As Fate Would Have It (OFFICE ROMANCE) / Super Sweetheart Of The CEO Daddy! A Story / For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ceo's Favorite (an Office Romance) by LipstickCrib(f): 3:04pm On Apr 15
One more time and you're fired.

The last words my boss said to me the previous day play in my head repeatedly as I run around like a headless chicken.

'I arrived at work fifteen minutes after the expected time and I ended up running into my boss. The glare he sent me was enough for me to flinch. "How come you're late again, Aria?"

It was the same excuse, and even if he knew said excuse, he still wanted to see me squirm. "I had to drop—"

"I don't care." He interrupted and I had to bite my tongue to stop myself from retorting. I needed my job as it was what I lived on. What we both lived on. "You keep on coming in whenever you like and making silly excuses."

Since his voice was quite loud and we were in the reception, everyone around us heard him and I knew he wanted it so. He enjoyed embarrassing me. Fighting back the not-so-nice words threatening to escape my mouth, I settled on. "I'm sorry." I didn't promise him that it would be the last time because I'd be lying.

He looked at me from head to toe in a distasteful way, even if I knew he was actually checking me out. Subtly, for others, but not so for me. "One more time and you're fired."'

Struggling to put on my heels, as well as fix in my earrings, I manage to knock off a vase that shatters to the ground. Groaning, I throw the earrings in my bag and try putting on my shoes first.

I groan in irritation when I hear the annoying sound of my ringtone, just as I am about to sweep off the broken pieces on the floor.

On a normal day, it wouldn't be as annoying. I may have even let it ring for a while just to listen to my favorite song, but right now, it is just irritating. It just means someone wasting my time even more—I don't have a lot of that right now.

Checking the caller ID, I see it was Heather, my friend, and colleague, and I pick up, greeting her with a sharp, "What?"

Heather snorts on the line, already knowing my predicament. "What your ass. I'm not the reason you're late. Speaking of, where are you?"

"I'm still at home, and you're keeping me here even more. Goodbye."

I am ready to hang up when I hear her call out for me to wait. "Don't forget to bring the black dress with you."

I hang up after that and even if I won't admit it to her, I did forget about it. Lending her my black dress is the least of my worries right now. I have a job to save. I don't know how hard it is to find a job because I've been employed full-time since my internship there, and I'm not sure I want to find out anytime soon.

Quickly, I get back into my room and get out the folded dress I was planning on taking with me yesterday but forgot to this morning before going back to the living room to clean up my mess.

"Lucas! Are you ready?" I yell out and a muffled, 'one minute' reaches my ears as I quickly sweep off the pieces that had fallen on the floor, not wanting Lucas to step on any one of them. "Lucas!" I call out again when one minute has passed.

"One second!" His voice sounds through the door. I glance at my watch, hasten my steps, and throw his room door open.

"What the— what are you doing?" I ask, correcting myself at the last moment, not wanting him to pick up curse words at an early age. He has a habit of imitating me. He used to keep his ketchup on the side. Now, he pours it on his fries, just like me.

"Tying my shoes! I'm almost done."

With a huff, I squat in front of him, bringing his legs forward and deftly knotting the laces of his sneakers. "All done. Can we go now?" His sheepish look makes me narrow my eyes at him. I already know he has done something wrong. "What?" His eyes fleet onto his nightstand and my jaw clenches at the still-full bowl of cereal that sits atop it.

Read Episode 2 Here>>
https://beat.com.ng/the-ceos-favorite-episode-2/
Re: The Ceo's Favorite (an Office Romance) by Crestaria: 10:03pm On Apr 15
Another banger. Lipstick I am your MTN. I follow you everywhere you go grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Ceo's Favorite (an Office Romance) by LipstickCrib(f): 7:00am On Apr 16
Crestaria:
Another banger. Lipstick I am your MTN. I follow you everywhere you go grin grin
grin grin grin please do oh
Re: The Ceo's Favorite (an Office Romance) by LipstickCrib(f): 10:56pm On Apr 16
Episode 2

I blink once, twice, repeatedly just to make sure I am seeing right. I am. I lift my head and when I do, I lock eyes with the one person I simultaneously want to see the most and not see at all. My boss.

I'm a hundred percent sure my face portrays my disbelief as I push open the doors and walk into the building. Does he despise me that much? Firing me when he could see that I was only outside the glass doors.

I'm pretty sure he did it just because he's trying to get rid of me. That, or it was just a power play. I can't tell with him.

Shawn, my boss—ex-boss actually, what a fucking joke—expels a sigh at my arrival and speaks before I even get the chance to get a word out. "You got my text, didn't you? Why are you in here?"

I don't know whether to scream at him or plead with him, but then I think about Lucas and how hard it'll be to find a new job in record time. It's not like we'll suddenly go broke if I don't get my paycheck this month, but I don't want to have to start chirping at my savings bit by bit. It's stored away for Lucas' education.

"I'm sorry. Please, let me explain." I plead, even if I don't like that idea. He spares me a glance, hands over a file to the receptionist, and starts walking away. I grit my teeth in annoyance, but shake off my pride and follow after him. I still need my job after all. "Mr. Landon, one more chance."

He doesn't stop walking as he answers me. "You'll still be late tomorrow, as well as the rest of the weekdays. What exactly is the chance for?"

I won't admit it, but he gets me there. Lucas is a handful in the mornings because he is not a morning person, so it usually takes me a while to wake him up and get him ready. And then, there's also the fact that he gets distracted easily, which means dressing up takes more time than it should, as well as other morning rituals.

"I told you the other day, Ms. Jennings," he continued, acting formally for the public eye, "one more time and you're fired, but it seems like you want to be fired."

"I was barely five minutes late!"

"Five useful minutes wasted." He inputs nonchalantly as he adjusts his tie. When we get to the elevator, he nods towards it and I press the button for it. "It was a fair deal. Come late, get fired. I don't why you're pestering me. Other people that actually need your job and will do it better are out there!"

"I try my best to get here early!" I snap when we enter the elevator and it closes, leaving both of us alone and away from the eavesdropping ears and prying eyes.

"Not hard enough apparently."

"You know my situation!"

"While I know of your situation, I am not responsible for it and I can't be partial in a place of work. I'm not the one that knocked you up, Aria."

'You want to though, don't you?' I say in my head. I take a few deep breaths and remind myself that he is still my boss and only he has the power to give me back my job. When I started working here, I was meant to start by 8:30. Suddenly, Mr. Landon changed my time. I don't know if it was important for him to do so or because of a personal vendetta against me.

"You made your bed. Now, lie on it and stop pestering me."

My tongue pokes the inside of my cheek. Does he really want to get rid of me? I'm one of the best at what I do. "So you're not going to reconsider?"

He glances at me, noticing my voice has softened, and sighs. "Let's get to my office and I'll make my final decision."

Hope blossoms in my chest. I won't have to go searching for a new job. I probably should, but at least, it isn't urgent anymore. I don't have to worry about not getting as much as I get here and I don't have to worry about money for Lucas' education.

Read Episode 3 Here>>
https://beat.com.ng/the-ceos-favorite-episode-3/
Re: The Ceo's Favorite (an Office Romance) by Crestaria: 6:29am On Apr 17
Of course you won't be sacked grin Be deceiving yourself before you find yourself roaming the streets for a job. cheesy cheesy

Well done Lipstick

1 Like

Re: The Ceo's Favorite (an Office Romance) by LipstickCrib(f): 7:18am On Apr 17
Crestaria:
Of course you won't be sacked grin Be deceiving yourself before you find yourself roaming the streets for a job. cheesy cheesy

Well done Lipstick

She'll learn the hard way grin grin grin
Re: The Ceo's Favorite (an Office Romance) by LipstickCrib(f): 10:33pm On Apr 17
Episode 3

I stare at the building before me in distaste. This is what I've resorted to because it's always the same result.

I sent out my resume to a few companies. They were all hiring, just not looking for an advertiser.

After three long weeks of looking for a noble job, I started searching for any kind of job. At this point, I can work as a waiter or a bartender, which propels my decision to enter the building.

Lucas doesn't know I've lost my job. He still thinks I go to work every morning because he asks how work went every other afternoon and I smile and lie through my fake smile that my day and my boss were great.

The building before me, 'Ecstasy' showcases a signboard that says they're looking for waitresses and cooks. Most places I've stopped by don't even have an open position. I don't know how to cook enough to apply as a professional cook, so I decide to settle on waitressing.

I can be working as a waitress for the time being until a company finally accepts my application and requests an interview.

What makes me feel better is the fact that the restaurant before me is high-class. That means they'll pay well because, from the very expensive cars in the parking lot, a lot of well-off people patronize this place.

I take a deep breath and walk in. The first thing I see is a reception, and the receptionist plasters a wide smile on her face when she sees me come in. "Welcome to Ecstasy. Do you have a reservation?"

I clear my throat and project all my confidence into my voice despite me feeling vulnerable at the thought of being jobless. "I'm here to apply for a job. I heard you're hiring."

Her smile seems more genuine when she speaks this time. "Yes, we are. We need cooks and waiters. What exactly are you applying for?"

"A waitress." Internally, I wince at the word. I never thought a day would come when I'll have to waitress. I've never done it in my life. My parents were —are— loaded so I didn't have to work when I was younger. I didn't have to work at the university because I was busy balancing school and taking care of a child while Lucas' father provided.

My first experience working was my last job and I was only accepted as an intern there because of my parent's connections. It just so happened that I was a good addition and they decided to keep me. Until they didn't.

The receptionist laughs. "You're already dressed for the job."

I look down at my clothing choice. I'm clad in the typical black and white formal attire. A white plaid shirt and a black pencil skirt.

"Come with me. Someone will interview you at the back."

She starts walking away and I follow her as expected. "Interview?" I ask, not really expecting that. I expected them to give me a form that will determine if they will call me back for an interview.

"We're desperate if you can't already tell."

I nod, despite knowing she won't see me, and follow silently until we reach a door. She doesn't knock before she wrenches the door opening, stepping inside. Hesitantly, I follow behind.

When I look forward, I'm met with the captivating blue eyes of a man in a chair. I realize it's his office and he probably owns the restaurant or is the manager. "Gerald, we have a new applicant." She informs him.

"Thanks, Jess." He shoots a sweet smile at her, letting me know they're more than just employer and employee. "I'll handle her. You can get back to work."

Jess turns around and winks at me before she leaves. I don't know why she does that. I don't know why she's so enthusiastic.

"Take a seat, dear."

Read Episode 4 Here>>
https://beat.com.ng/the-ceos-favorite-episode-4/
Re: The Ceo's Favorite (an Office Romance) by Crestaria: 5:14am On Apr 18
Thanks for the update Lipstick.

1 Like

Re: The Ceo's Favorite (an Office Romance) by LipstickCrib(f): 10:45am On Apr 18
Crestaria:
Thanks for the update Lipstick.

You're welcome smiley smiley

(1) (Reply)

Mirages / Write Up By Dindy:an Overcomer / Any Moment From Now.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.