Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me (444 Views)

My Forex Trading Journey (free +signals ) / Follow Me As I Take You 2ru The Process Of Making $200 Daily On Clickbank / Follow Me To See How You Can Make Over 150k Weekly On This Product in 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 11:30am On Apr 16
I want to use this thread as a sort of journal to document my crypto trading efforts. Hopefully I can share my gains, losses and lessons for others to learn from.

At the end of each trading day, I will be posting my profit or loss, and maybe document whatever I learned from that trading day.

Capital: $30

Trading Experience: Beginner

Strategy: Trend trading

Platform used: Binance Margin

Risk: Moderate

The Plan
My plan is to compound the gains, that is, rollover whatever profit I make on the $30 and continue trading with it. At every month end, If I make a reasonable profit, I would pay myself some salary grin

PS: I could potentially end up losing my capital and going to $0 but I'm fine with that because this $30 is considered an investment in my financial trading education.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 6:08pm On Apr 17
Will begin trading tomorrow 18/4/2024
Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 6:09pm On Apr 17
Someone advised that I withdraw part of my profit weekly instead of monthly, so I will adjust to that.

Trading from Monday to Saturday, then make withdrawal if there's any profit for that week.
Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 5:38pm On Apr 18
Day 1: 18/4/2024

I traded the range of the 1inch/usdt pair, mostly the last upswing and then the breakout. I had a 25% profit at one time but decided not to take profit (a big mistake). Thank God my trailing stop wasn’t triggered.

Profit: 11.3%

Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 7:18pm On Apr 19
Day 2: 19/4/2024

Started at a loss today due to a false entry, missed the last uptrend of the 1inch/usdt pair and traded the ensuing range instead (a big mistake).

Loss: 18.4%

Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 7:19pm On Apr 19
I’ve learned to avoid trading a range. Next time, I’ll use the ADX or EMA indicator to confirm that the market is trending before making an entry. Tough day.
Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 10:40pm On Apr 20
Day 3: 20/4/2024

Started today at a loss due to another false entry via a range. I was too impatient and eager to trade instead of waiting for the EMA entry signal. Thankfully, I rallied back to a small profit.

Profit: 3.7%

Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 10:44pm On Apr 20
Today, I learned that your entry is the most important part of your trade. How you begin your trade will most likely determine how you finish. Had to overtrade today inorder to cover for the losses.

It's better to have a no-trade day than to jump into any available trend and make losses. Hopefully, my trade entries will get better with time, as these losses are teaching me a few ways not to make a trade entry.
Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 9:52am On Apr 22
Day 4: 21/4/2024

So, I said I wouldn't be trading on Sundays, but I couldn't keep to that. Revenge trading is real guys, I wanted to recoup my losses and decided to trade on my free day. But guess what? I made further losses. Account now down to $26.

Loss: -8%

Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 9:55am On Apr 22
So, the losses have been discouraging, but I'm really learning a lot and putting them into practice. Hopefully, some of the things I've learned will help me start making profit soon.

For example, I never wanted to use indicators for my trades, but now I'm seeing reason why they could improve my performance and I'm willing to start using a few of them for my trades going forward.

Fingers crossed for today.
Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Mikeiyke9: 12:52pm On Apr 22
If you want to learn how to be profitable at crypto trading, kindly chat me on whatsapp 09039439745
I have a good strategy for it..
Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 3:03pm On Apr 23
Day 5: 22/4/2024

Not a pleasant experience so far.

got caught in a range and had to leave the trade overnight with a stop loss. Got stopped out at the wrong price and lost over 30%. I guess the market will do whatever the market wants to do.

Loss: 36%

Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 3:06pm On Apr 23
To be honest, I've been caught in the web of revenge trading. Everything I've done in the last few trades have been done with the plan to make up for my losses, which is obviously the wrong mentality to have.

I need to do better.
Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 3:08pm On Apr 23
Also, the idea of finding the right trades every single day might just be an illusion. Maybe it's not feasible to trade every day since the market condition might not be in alignment with your strategy every day.

I have to stop forcing trades and just trade only on days where I see the right opportunities for my strategy. I guess.
Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 10:56pm On Apr 23
Day 6: 23/4/2024

Been trade watching due to lack of opportunities in the market today.

Went short on the 1inch/usdt pair in expectation of a huge downswing. This trade could take a few days to complete (swing trading eh?)

So, fingers crossed.
Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 10:05am On Apr 24
I woke up this morning to see that my stoploss got triggered and I made some loss. The trend is however going downwards after taking me out of the trade. Maybe my stoploss was too tight. Lesson learned.

Loss: 12%

Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 10:09am On Apr 24
Day 7: 24/4/2024

I went short on the gal/usdt pair in anticipation of a downward movement. Fingers crossed.
Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 5:04pm On Apr 24
My trade is going horribly wrong!

Got a margin call warning and had to deposit an additional $20 to avoid liquidation.

Loss: 45%

Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 5:05pm On Apr 24
So far, I've commited $50 and have lost almost half of it.

Will I lose the remaining half and go to $0 ? or will I recover and turn my losses to profit?

Time will tell.
Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 11:43am On Apr 25
Day 8: 25/4/2024

I've decided to take on a strict money management for this trading. I'll be trading with only half of my balance and keep the rest as backup.

So, 50% of my balance will be in the cross margin wallet while the other 50% will be in the isolated margin wallet.

In profit or in loss, I'll have to rebalance both accounts before trading each day.

Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 9:19pm On Apr 26
So, I went long on the gal/usdt pair on the 4H timeframe, and the trade took just over 24 hours to complete. Made a small profit after initially starting at a loss.

Profit: 6%

Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 9:22pm On Apr 26
Over the last few days, I've been using different techniques in my trend trading strategy, some of which have been a miss as seen in the losses incured.

I'll have to stick to one technique if I want to be consistent with my trade. So far, I've observed that I'm having a higher RoR when trading with the higher timeframes. Maybe I'll have to stick with that.
Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 12:50am On Apr 28
Day 9: 27/4/2024

Made only one trade today which ended in a loss. It seems as if the market is set up to lead you in one direction and go the other way. Hmm

Loss: 4.9%

Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by parkervero(m): 11:06am On Apr 28
I like this experiment.

I'm following you religiously and learning.
Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by guass(m): 7:35pm On Apr 28
Those who claim to have made it via Binance should come and prove it now before I call them KIDNAPPERS.
Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Greatheight: 8:36pm On Apr 28
Gosiso:
So far, I've commited $50 and have lost almost half of it.

Will I lose the remaining half and go to $0 ? or will I recover and turn my losses to profit?

Time will tell.

I see you're doing a great job here by keeping journal of your trading activities even when the profits are still not evident for now. Howbeit, since you're not considering daily profit withdrawal but weekly target. I will simply advice you to keep extremely low with your risk exposure. By this, you'll actually learn the areas you need to concentrate more and patience required.

I wish you true trading success!

1 Like

Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 9:47pm On Apr 28
parkervero:
I like this experiment.

I'm following you religiously and learning.

Thanks. We are all learning.
Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 9:48pm On Apr 28
guass:
Those who claim to have made it via Binance should come and prove it now before I call them KIDNAPPERS.

Lol.
Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 9:50pm On Apr 28
Greatheight:

I see you're doing a great job here by keeping journal of your trading activities even when the profits are still not evident for now. Howbeit, since you're not considering daily profit withdrawal but weekly target. I will simply advice you to keep extremely low with your risk exposure. By this, you'll actually learn the areas you need to concentrate more and patience required.

I wish you true trading success!

Thanks. I'm working on a plan for this week that will put my daily loss at 2% max. Hopefully it works out.

1 Like

Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 8:28pm On Apr 29
Day 10: 29/4/2024

So, I’m testing this hedging plan that involves capping my losses to 2% max, though it involves trading with both my cross margin and isolated margin accounts.

And I have to be very accurate with my numbers, else everything will come falling like a pack of cards.

I hope to test this technique for the next 1 week to see how profitable it is.

Today’s result:

Isolated margin: Loss 5%
Cross Margin: Profit 8%
Net profit: 3%

Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Mason9: 7:19pm On Apr 30
Start by educating yourself about cryptocurrencies, blockchain technology, and how trading works. There are numerous online resources, courses, and forums where you can learn about different cryptocurrencies, trading strategies, technical analysis, and risk management.
Follow Us
Re: My Crypto Trading Journey - Follow Me by Gosiso: 2:55pm On May 01
Day 11: 30/4/2024

Yesterday was so hectic and I planned not to trade, however, we know how these things go.

I eventually traded, howbeit being very distracted.

I ditched my hedging plan and resorted to the default market chasing tactics, which led to another loss!

Loss: 10%

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is A Restaurant Claims? / Not Yet Eureka, Euro. / Microfinance: Deepening The Grassroot Reach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.