Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,927 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

At 30, Should I Further My Education? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / At 30, Should I Further My Education? (286 Views)

My Education / Should I Further My Education Or Learn A Skill To Help My Family? / Between Music And Furthering My Education Which One Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

At 30, Should I Further My Education? by DolbyDigital: 5:23pm On Apr 16
I completed my HND in 2020 when I was still 26. I initially planned to take like a year break and get a job but it has not been easy. I got a job but the pay is barely enough to pay my bills not to talk of education. To cut the story short sha, I am currently 30.

I am starting a family soon, so I need to increase my earning potential. I believe I am good at what I do but my credentials has also been like a brick wall so I am thinking of furthering my education.

I have seen others got lucky so I want to try mine. I want to convert my HND to BSc, also try to get a professional certification then eventually get a Post-graduate degree but I am afraid all these might take like 5 to 6 years to accomplish. I am just concerned if it is not too late for a 36 years old man to start hunting for high pay jobs esspecially when age discrimination is a thing.
Re: At 30, Should I Further My Education? by thesicilian: 5:27pm On Apr 16
Please do, if that's your life dream. Age should not be a factor. As for job hunting at 36, that is a valid concern. Maybe you should tailor your education towards being self-employed when you're through.

1 Like

Re: At 30, Should I Further My Education? by Olachase(m): 5:40pm On Apr 16
That professional certificate you are looking for is what I have gotten when I was 26 (Mechatronics Engineering)

That HND you have gotten at the age of 26 is what I'm currently doing at the age 30

The only thing we've in common is that we both working, just that I'm earning higher than you 😊
Re: At 30, Should I Further My Education? by Solofresh2: 6:03pm On Apr 16
Yes do.It is never too late
Re: At 30, Should I Further My Education? by IyaTola: 9:59pm On Apr 16
You can acquire a skill in any of the following mainstream areas:

- UI/UX design
- Data science
- Digital marketing

If you want something less formal, you can also learn how to earn by helping people on social media. I got an ebook on that yesterday and it makes sense.

Above all, be determined. First borns always face a lot of challenges.
Re: At 30, Should I Further My Education? by CareerPal: 6:09pm On Apr 21
DolbyDigital:
I completed my HND in 2020 when I was still 26. I initially planned to take like a year break and get a job but it has not been easy. I got a job but the pay is barely enough to pay my bills not to talk of education. To cut the story short sha, I am currently 30.

I am starting a family soon, so I need to increase my earning potential. I believe I am good at what I do but my credentials has also been like a brick wall so I am thinking of furthering my education.

I have seen others got lucky so I want to try mine. I want to convert my HND to BSc, also try to get a professional certification then eventually get a Post-graduate degree but I am afraid all these might take like 5 to 6 years to accomplish. I am just concerned if it is not too late for a 36 years old man to start hunting for high pay jobs esspecially when age discrimination is a thing.

What course did you study and which state do you reside in?
Re: At 30, Should I Further My Education? by sw24(f): 9:07am On Apr 22
Why not try to Upskilling , I think Professional Certification route might be better than going back for a B.Sc. So many B.Sc holders are unemployed, and you don't have alot of work experience either. Either Upskill or Start a business. Then continue your job hunt while upskilling. All the best.

DolbyDigital:

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy Vacancy Vacany!!! Seedstars Software Engineer / Arts, Graphics And Video / Graphics Designer Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.