Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Why Bobrisky Was Sentenced To Jail Without Bail - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Bobrisky Was Sentenced To Jail Without Bail (782 Views)

Shakiro Cameroonian Cross Dresser Sentenced To Jail For Practicing Homosexuality / Honorable Deji Trends While Bobrisky Was Teaching Women How To Moan During S3x / "Marry Her Or Go To Jail For 50years" Which Are You Picking? Twitter Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Bobrisky Was Sentenced To Jail Without Bail by Solofresh2: 11:46am On Apr 18
I noticed that a lot of people here on nairaland are wondering why Bobrisky was sentenced to jail so early and his fellow influencer,Cubana Chief Priest was granted bail.Some claimed this is injustice,some claimed Bobrisky was arrested because of transgender issues etc

I will like to enlighten you on what actually happened in my own opinion.When an accused is arrested and show up in court it is either you plead guilty of the offence or not.
Pleading not guilty means that you say you didn't do the crime. Or that you did, but you had an excuse which the law recognises as a defence. The court will then have a trial to decide whether you're guilty and you can be granted bail.If the court decides that you are guilty, you'll be convicted.

Pleading guilty means you admit to doing the crime.Then sentence follows immediately after that. Either a prison sentence or a community sentence without bail
So,according to the court, Bobrisky pleaded guilty and this lead to the six months jail sentence without bail

Cubana Chief Priest on the other hand, pleaded not guilty which lead to the bail he was given. So the court will have a trial to decide if he is guilty or not.

Nlfpmod,Seun,Justwise,Mynd44 front page if worthy

3 Likes

Re: Why Bobrisky Was Sentenced To Jail Without Bail by dawnomike(m): 11:53am On Apr 18
Solofresh2:
I noticed that a lot of people here on nairaland are wondering why Bobrisky was sentenced to jail so early and his fellow influencer,Cubana Chief Priest was granted bail.Some claimed this is injustice,some claimed Bobrisky was arrested because of transgender issues etc

I will like to enlighten you on what actually happened in my own opinion.When an accused is arrested and show up in court it is either you plead guilty of the offence or not.
Pleading not guilty means that you say you didn't do the crime. Or that you did, but you had an excuse which the law recognises as a defence. The court will then have a trial to decide whether you're guilty and you can be granted bail.If the court decides that you are guilty, you'll be convicted.

Pleading guilty means you admit to doing the crime.Then sentence follows immediately after that. Either a prison sentence or a community sentence without bail
So,according to the court, Bobrisky pleaded guilty and this lead to the six months jail sentence without bail

Cubana Chief Priest on the other hand, pleaded not guilty which lead to the bail he was given. So the court will have a trial to decide if he is guilty or not.

Thanks for the clarification

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bobrisky Was Sentenced To Jail Without Bail by Sonnobax15(m): 11:56am On Apr 18
lipsrsealed
Op,you try.....na only people wey no sabi how judiciary dey work go begin to talk anyhow....Even before now,I knew what it was all about cuz I was once privileged to work in a legal practicioner's firm as at back then,so I really understand the law...

But wetin come shock me na be say why dem snap Bobrisky with billboard abi mugshot but dem no snap Cubana with the same thing? shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Bobrisky Was Sentenced To Jail Without Bail by GanagiBitrus: 12:01pm On Apr 18
No such thing as Sentenced Without Bail
You are obviously not a lawyer.
Maybe you meant Sentenced without Option of Fine.

So as a first time offender, & pleading guilty, why was he not given an option of Fine?
Judge obviously was biased against Bobrisky's personal lifestyle.

1 Like

Re: Why Bobrisky Was Sentenced To Jail Without Bail by Tallesty1(m): 12:55pm On Apr 18
I read that he was also charged with money laundering, so I feel they kind of struck a bargain
Re: Why Bobrisky Was Sentenced To Jail Without Bail by brain54(m): 4:08pm On Apr 18
Bob risky was granted bail...

He failed to meet the bail conditions/requirements!
Re: Why Bobrisky Was Sentenced To Jail Without Bail by Samfloxin(m): 5:48pm On Apr 18
If I may ask, can Bobrisky appeal the judgement?
Re: Why Bobrisky Was Sentenced To Jail Without Bail by MrCork: 5:53pm On Apr 18
Solofresh2:

Everyman belifs bobrisky is yanshable & we all so belif she preeetier thsn 94% of all females out ther.shes lightskin!!!((Fact)) smiley
Re: Why Bobrisky Was Sentenced To Jail Without Bail by Karlifate: 8:21pm On Apr 18
Bob the risky was not arrested for Naira abuse alone

So, comparing his case with Pascal Okechukwu's is needless.

All these "pleading guilty" you people are parading na wash.

(1) (Reply)

A Thing With Single Mothers. / What Should I Write To A Guy Who Dumped Me? / Once You've Found Your Desirable Man , It's Time To Attract Him.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.