Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family (3298 Views)

My Sexcapades In University And How It’s Almost End My Life / My Girlfriend & I Ended Our Relationship Because Of Reno Omokri's Tweets, Advice / Should I Quit My Relationship Because Of This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by Agozskey(m): 6:11pm On Apr 18
Me and my bae have been dating for 2years and we have quite a normal happy relationship, we fight, we argue but we also love each other but my problem is her family, especially her parents they don't like me because I am not rich but I am a graduate into Iron rods and building materials business and I am quite okay for myself...
My Girlfriend's mom hates me so much, because I don't give her money or I don't spend foolishly on her daughter.
Now, here are the reasons, She begged me for money one time and I gave her but before giving her I told my girlfriend to tell her mom not to call me and ask for money again, Now, according to her she didn't have any problem with that but, my babe never enter school and her family isn't financially capable... While in our relationship a pastor from their church came for my babe's hand in marriage surprisingly her parents agreed mind you my girlfriend is 21years of age, but my girlfriend refused.
Her mom called me again talking to me about her daughters school, if I can sponsor my girlfriend in school, I declined I can't take such risk she tried all possible best to convince me but I refused I told her I had other plans for myself to grow financially and before I can consider such I'll have to marry my babe first before training her in school... And that was the last time I saw this woman o.
Fast forward to this year, a Yahoo boy have been disturbing my babe, my babe refused and this guy threatened to rape my babe, she told me about the threats and I told her to consult her parents before we take any action and I suggest we report it to the police... This woman blamed her daughter for the threat saying she was being too harsh to the Yahoo boy, I couldn't believe it mehn... Now, she is furious her daughter is still with me to the fact that she even swore for me and said I won't prosper, She said all sorts, now her Dad on the other hand is a weak man that can't stand his ground in anything, he was also indirectly cutting through corners trying to convince my girlfriend that I am not good for her...
Now, I discussed this with my girlfriend and she's trying to convince me dat she loves me and she won't listen to her parents, but I am not convinced I told her if we end up together that I won't be in a good relationship with her family especially her mom, I told her I will be strict I asked her if she is okay with it, she said Yes... But, just yesterday my girlfriend changed her WhatsApp profile picture to her mom's picture, I am not against hating her own mom but for the fact we are having a matter about her mom and she did dat really made me sad.

Advice pls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by Boogyman557: 6:21pm On Apr 18

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by budaatum: 6:28pm On Apr 18
I want to ask if you are 12 years old but I don't know how to make it not sound like an insult.

Why did you tell "her to consult her parents before we take any action" if it annoys you that she puts her mother's picture in her WhatsApp?

To be honest with you, no advise would make any difference, because time alone would sort this out by breaking you 2 up. My only hope is that the break up is before you get her pregnant, or you will have a mother-in-law from hell for the rest of your life.

13 Likes

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by Holluwhakemmy(f): 6:31pm On Apr 18
Try and close to her mother you may win her heart later, you can't stop your girlfriend not to post her mum picture she's her mother and want the best for her. May God prosper the work of your hand

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by labake1(f): 6:31pm On Apr 18
Both you, herself and her parents are childish. I always stand with girls and in as much as I don't support men possessing excessive power but there is a red flag you are covering up. I quoted your words her Dad on the other hand is a weak man that can't stand his ground in anything . What do you expect from a family that the head of the home is weak? The wife is already removing her husband and you don't want her to control you, you never ready. You are not only marrying her, you will always accept her family same as how she will accept yours. Besides, her you trying to say that you don't want her to post things about her parents? You never marry her, you don dey separate her from her family. You already know what to do, you are just looking for who will spelled it out for you bro.

Walk away if you no like her family treatment

6 Likes

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by advanceDNA: 6:32pm On Apr 18
Agozskey:

Advice pls

So asides the dirty inlaws ....u are currently angry becos of profile picture....??

Baba...no die before ur time oooo....
Anything wey nor worth stressing over just ignore....ignore the inlaws
...ur babe likes u and obviously can stand her ground in the middle of her parents influence. .so sit back and enjoy ur relationship.....until ur babe starts to misbehave...then u can show her the door

1 Like

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by Agozskey(m): 6:32pm On Apr 18
Holluwhakemmy:
Try and close to her mother you may win her heart later, you can't stop your girlfriend not to post her mum picture she's her mother and want the best for her. May God prosper the work of your hand
The only closeness is money... And as a young man I won't do that... I won't give her money

1 Like

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by Agozskey(m): 6:33pm On Apr 18
labake1:
Both you, herself and her parents are childish
and you are stupid

2 Likes

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by ForValour: 6:35pm On Apr 18
If you end up marrying the girl, it will be you against all her family members and they may later convince her against you. Free the girl and consider other options

7 Likes

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by Holluwhakemmy(f): 6:38pm On Apr 18
Agozskey:
The only closeness is money... And as a young man I won't do that... I won't give her money
I know she's after money she should have allowed you to grow in your business before asking for money now afterall you haven't marry her daughter yet. You can surprise her once in a while too
Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by Agozskey(m): 6:40pm On Apr 18
Holluwhakemmy:
I know she's after money she should have allowed you to grow in your business before asking for money now afterall you haven't marry her daughter yet. You can surprise her once in a while too
grin grin... Seriously, like I owe her anything
Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:43pm On Apr 18
yeye family... i wonder why you are still with the babe. you already told them your mind:"i can only pay for her schooling/training when she is married to me" case closed!

now that you already know that you will never have a good r/ship with her parents, you best ask your girl the right questions:
- how can we even get married when your parents think so little of me?
- so me and your parents will never ever be cool together, are you ok with that?
- are you sure this is what you want?

1 Like

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by labake1(f): 6:44pm On Apr 18
Agozskey:
and you are stupid

Childish îdîot, if you are not financially buoyant, leave relationship and focus on your life. Relationship vs marriage is not for I NEVER CHOP BOYS

4 Likes

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by HarunaWest(m): 6:45pm On Apr 18
Agozskey:
Me and my bae have been dating for 2years and we have quite a normal happy relationship, we fight, we argue but we also love each other but my problem is her family, especially her parents they don't like me because I am not rich but I am a graduate into Iron rods and building materials business and I am quite okay for myself...
My Girlfriend's mom hates me so much, because I don't give her money or I don't spend foolishly on her daughter.
Now, here are the reasons, She begged me for money one time and I gave her but before giving her I told my girlfriend to tell her mom not to call me and ask for money again, Now, according to her she didn't have any problem with that but, my babe never enter school and her family isn't financially capable... While in our relationship a pastor from their church came for my babe's hand in marriage surprisingly her parents agreed mind you my girlfriend is 21years of age, but my girlfriend refused.
Her mom called me again talking to me about her daughters school, if I can sponsor my girlfriend in school, I declined I can't take such risk she tried all possible best to convince me but I refused I told her I had other plans for myself to grow financially and before I can consider such I'll have to marry my babe first before training her in school... And that was the last time I saw this woman o.
Fast forward to this year, a Yahoo boy have been disturbing my babe, my babe refused and this guy threatened to rape my babe, she told me about the threats and I told her to consult her parents before we take any action and I suggest we report it to the police... This woman blamed her daughter for the threat saying she was being too harsh to the Yahoo boy, I couldn't believe it mehn... Now, she is furious her daughter is still with me to the fact that she even swore for me and said I won't prosper, She said all sorts, now her Dad on the other hand is a weak man that can't stand his ground in anything, he was also indirectly cutting through corners trying to convince my girlfriend that I am not good for her...
Now, I discussed this with my girlfriend and she's trying to convince me dat she loves me and she won't listen to her parents, but I am not convinced I told her if we end up together that I won't be in a good relationship with her family especially her mom, I told her I will be strict I asked her if she is okay with it, she said Yes... But, just yesterday my girlfriend changed her WhatsApp profile picture to her mom's picture, I am not against hating her own mom but for the fact we are having a matter about her mom and she did dat really made me sad.

Advice pls
They are a toxic set up..Get another fiancee. Make una no dey marry from anyhow family.

4 Likes

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by Agozskey(m): 6:47pm On Apr 18
labake1:
Both you, herself and her parents are childish. I always stand with girls and in as much as I don't support men possessing excessive power but there is a red flag you are covering up. I quoted your words her Dad on the other hand is a weak man that can't stand his ground in anything . What do you expect from a family that the head of the home is weak? The wife is already removing her husband and you don't want her to control you, you never ready. You are not only marrying her, you will always accept her family same as how she will accept yours. Besides, her you trying to say that you don't want her to post things about her parents? You never marry her, you don dey separate her from her family. You already know what to do, you are just looking for who will spelled it out for you bro.

Walk away if you no like her family treatment

I hope your bro falls into the same situation

1 Like

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by tobenuel(m): 6:47pm On Apr 18
This OP is a finished man
Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by Agozskey(m): 6:51pm On Apr 18
tobenuel:
This OP is a finished man

what is your definition of finished?... Because I no gree to be a simp to my babe mama... Omo, u mumu o
Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by Sapasenator: 6:52pm On Apr 18
O boy, dating is turning to Nollywood scripts nowadays.

Threatening to rape kwa.
O do egwu.
Me, I have no advice to give.
Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by ednut1(m): 6:53pm On Apr 18
Run
Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by AngelicDamsel(f): 7:01pm On Apr 18
It seems to me that the 21 years old jambite girl is still naive. This complicated situation can be simplified thus-

Marry her quickly if you really love her and send her to school asap.

Or take a bow out.

Honestly, no inlaw likes a stingy man. Even if it's tips, do something.

At 21 years, she can not be relied on to handle the tension between you and her parents.

Conclusion: I sense you are a controlling type, probably in your late 20s or early 30s, controlling the girl.
No girl will choose her man over her mother, never! and no sane man should come between a girl and her mother. It's dumb!

Same way no wife should try to come between a man and his mother. I find it unreasonable. There are ways to go round it...... Wisdom is profitable to direct.

Modified: this guy has no good intentions for the girl.

Agozskey:

Oh really

Agozskey:

Don't say what u don't know... I never approved the abortion she did it , I wanted to keep the baby... So, shut up

23 years old boy! grin grin grin

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by Jersuiyjoe(m): 7:02pm On Apr 18
You're doing the right thing bro. But you don't need to be offended about the fact that she used her mum pic as her DP.

Your babe is standing her ground for you, you also have to do the same, but play a disguise to the parents that you have let go off their daughter. It's a plan that you guys must work together if you need success in which she also have to tell her mum that she's no longer with you.

But, I don't like the fact that her mum is looking for a rich man, she will put her daughter in big problem if she continue this.
Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by tommy589(m): 7:03pm On Apr 18
Let the girl go. Her mother want an husband that would provide the family needs and you are mindful of your spending. Problem is already existing in a relationship that it's yet to be solemnise

1 Like

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by tobenuel(m): 7:09pm On Apr 18
Agozskey:
what is your definition of finished?... Because I no gree to be a simp to my babe mama... Omo, u mumu o
of course your a finished man. since you want to exchange words with me, come on. na your type go dey on top of woman and she go dey chop chewing gum. dem don see you finish na. It's quite obvious your not mature or you have shallow reasoning. run from that family and face your hustle. e be like say you no watch nollywood movies when you small. quote me again, make that your relationship go scatter this night. the yahoo boy go soon carry out him threat, dey there
Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by Agozskey(m): 7:11pm On Apr 18
labake1:

Childish îdîot, if you are not financially buoyant, leave relationship and focus on your life. Relationship vs marriage is not for I NEVER CHOP BOYS
you're still stupid... You and your hungry family... Idiot

1 Like

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by Agozskey(m): 7:13pm On Apr 18
tobenuel:
of course your a finished man. since you want to exchange words with me, come on. na your type go dey on top of woman and she go dey chop chewing gum. dem don see you finish na. It's quite obvious your not mature or you have shallow reasoning. run from that family and face your hustle. e be like say you no watch nollywood movies when you small. quote me again, make that your relationship go scatter this night. the yahoo boy go soon carry out him threat, dey there
You are still not making any sense, please keep your opinion to yourself
Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by Agozskey(m): 7:21pm On Apr 18
AngelicDamsel:

It seems to me that the 21 years old jambite girl is still naive. This complicated situation can be simplified thus-

Marry her quickly if you really love her and send her to school asap.

Or take a bow out.
I am 23years old doing well for myself and I am not stingy, I bought my girlfriend a phone, I give her money for upkeep and I give her money for feeding but what I will not do is give money to the family because we are not yet married, how is that a crime, I am not the controlling type, Thank you

Honestly, no inlaw likes a stingy man. Even if it's tips, do something.

At 21 years, she can not be relied on to handle the tension between you and her parents.

Conclusion: I sense you are a controlling type, probably in your late 20s or early 30s, controlling the girl.
No girl will choose her man over her mother, never! and no sane man should come between a girl and her mother. It's dumb!

Same way no wife should try to come between a man and his mother. I find it unreasonable. There are ways to go round it...... Wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by Themainboy22: 7:24pm On Apr 18
labake1:

Op, listen to the bolded advice. And when you finally make it, avoid poor girls especially the ones with entitled mentality and entitled parents. By then, you'll have many options and not coming to NL to seek for advice, and end up cussing and insulting anyone whose opinion is contrary to your preconceived mindset.
Grow up!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by Agozskey(m): 7:26pm On Apr 18
Part 2.... I see a lot of people saying i am controlling and I am a finished man, FYI I am 23years old and I already have a business I am running, I am okay with myself one foolish idiot said I am broke boy... Anyways, I bought a phone for my girlfriend, I buy her clothes, I give her money for feeding because they don't eat well in their house, I also give her money for upkeep, but her mom isn't satisfied with dat and yet some people are here blaming me for being stingy. She's my girlfriend and not my wife, I do my part as a boyfriend I can train her in school or give money to her family, when she has a Dad and a Mom both in their late 40s... I also have a life of my own, I also have my own family to cater for but some idiots here wants me to play the role of a husband...
I am not broke and I am also not stupid but I can't train my girlfriend in school and my girlfriend understands me and I cannot also take up her family responsibilities... Thank you

4 Likes

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by favour32(m): 7:32pm On Apr 18
Guy!
If you need peace end the relationship.

For not accepting to train the girl in school,you acted very well.
90% of fools that did that regretted.

Let making money be your problem not relationship at this stage of your life

1 Like

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by labake1(f): 7:41pm On Apr 18
Agozskey:
you're still stupid... You and your hungry family... Idiot

Yen yen yen yen yen yen yen M u m u
See brother may m u m u
Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by labake1(f): 7:44pm On Apr 18
Agozskey:

I hope your bro falls into the same situation

Why will my brother falls into your situation when he is not stûpid like you. I pity that girl, she should find a better option because you go make her suffer. Let her listen to her mom's advice Mr INEVERCHOP. Go and hustle

1 Like

Re: I Might End My Relationship Because Of My Babe's Family by Agozskey(m): 7:45pm On Apr 18
labake1:

Yen yen yen yen yen yen yen M u m u
See brother may m u m u
You are hungry, fine girl... I understand you and your family are poor I understand... But u don't have to showcase it.... Yen yen yen yen yen yen yen... I don't need hungry girls opinion here

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anwer This Short Question Pls! / Is God Wicked ? / When There Are Six Women Chasing One Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.