Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,766 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

Female Sport Is Unnecessary. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Female Sport Is Unnecessary. (146 Views)

Boris Johnson: Transgender Women Should Not Compete In Female Sport( Pix) / Trans Women Should Not Compete In Female Sport - PM / Top Nigerian Female Sport Influencers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by Boland(m): 7:46am On Apr 20
In my view, I believe that female participation in sports is unnecessary. The most competitive and captivating sports are predominantly played by men, so dedicating significant effort to women’s sports seems futile, as they can never truly match up to men’s achievements.

Why would I spend my time watching a subpar sport when I can easily enjoy the real ones?

It just doesn’t make any sense to me.

I believe that the impact of sports on women can be more detrimental than any achievements they might gain from it. Many women end up looking too masculine, which could make them less appealing to men and potentially hinder their chances of forming a home with a partner.
Re: Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by OneCandleAway(f): 8:16am On Apr 20
Boland:
In my view, I believe that female participation in sports is unnecessary. The most competitive and captivating sports are predominantly played by men, so dedicating significant effort to women’s sports seems futile, as they can never truly match up to men’s achievements.

Why would I spend my time watching a subpar sport when I can easily enjoy the real ones?

It just doesn’t make any sense to me.

I believe that the impact of sports on women can be more detrimental than any achievements they might gain from it. Many women end up looking too masculine, which could make them less appealing to men and potentially hinder their chances of forming a home with a partner.

You don't get to dictare how other women choose to live their lives.

I'm sure you're an Islamic potential suicide bomber.
Re: Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by Boland(m): 8:23am On Apr 20
OneCandleAway:

You don't get to dictare how other women choose to live their lives.

I'm sure you're an Islamic potential suicide bomber.

cheesy

There are many ways to convey your message without being rude. Well, I had anticipated unreasonable comments like yours.

1 Like

Re: Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by brain54(m): 8:29am On Apr 20
That's your opinion...

They are people who watch women sports Including women themselves!
Re: Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by Boland(m): 8:32am On Apr 20
brain54:
That's your opinion...

They are people who watch women sports Including women themselves!

It’s not just my opinion, there are many people that share same views.
Re: Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by brain54(m): 8:34am On Apr 20
Boland:

Those in Minority of course...
Re: Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by OneCandleAway(f): 8:35am On Apr 20
Boland:

Even traditionally before the advent if Islam, we had female hunters. Businesswomen. You people will just let Islam take over your senses .
Re: Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by Boland(m): 8:35am On Apr 20
brain54:

Those in Minority of course...

No.

Ask folks around you and see.
Re: Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by Boland(m): 8:38am On Apr 20
OneCandleAway:

Even traditionally before the advent if Islam, we had female hunters. Businesswomen. You people will just let Islam take over your senses .

I’m a devoted Christian.

I’m specifically referring to women in sports, not hunters or women in business.
Re: Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by brain54(m): 8:43am On Apr 20
Boland:

No.

Ask folks around you and see.
This opinion is mostly common...

Among religious fanatics, extremists and fundamentalists.

People seeking to suppress and subdue women. Which is still in the minority.

Apart from them... No it's not a popular opinion among normal folks!
Re: Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by Puss360(f): 8:48am On Apr 20
Boland:
[/b]Why would I spend my time watching a subpar sport when I can easily enjoy the real ones? [b]
That's why you are male. You will watch sport performed by fellow males like you..
While females will watch those performed by their sex...
You can't decide which sports females viewers should watch because nobody decided for you ...

Boland:
[/b]Many women end up looking too masculine, which could make them less appealing to men and potentially hinder their chances of forming a home with a partner[b].
Many men "WHO WERE BORN TOO FEMININE" are not impotent!! They can still conceive... And some ladies like such men...
And if they too have chances of "forming a home", then be rest assured that those masculine women also can form a home and also conceive....
Re: Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by Boland(m): 8:53am On Apr 20
brain54:

This opinion is mostly common...

Among religious fanatics, extremists and fundamentalists.

People seeking to suppress and subdue women.

Apart from them... No it's not a popular opinion!

You’re wrong.

Rational people that understands the importance of the nuclear family system and how it can be built know that engaging more women in sports cannot lead to a prosperous society.

You see, from your choice of words I can easily deduce that you are one of the hyper-woke persons who seek to subject rational thinking to emotions and feelings.

There are many agnostics that share fundamental, rational believe system even with orthodox religious folks on issues like this.
Re: Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by Namaster: 8:54am On Apr 20
OP sounds like someone who believes sports begin and end with football.

Have you seen female track and field athletes? Or swimmers? Or gymnastics? Or even Table Tennis?

For instance, Serena Williams is a Tennis PHENOM. And she's happily married to a successful man. Together, they have 2 daughters.

Also the idea that ALL women want to look appealing to a man and forge a home with him is RIDICULOUS. This is not the 1800s.

1 Like

Re: Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by Boland(m): 9:00am On Apr 20
Puss360:

That's why you are male. You will watch sport performed by fellow males like you..
While females will watch those performed by their sex...
You can't decide which sports females viewers should watch because nobody decided for you ...

Many men "WHO WERE BORN TOO FEMININE" are not impotent!! They can still conceive... And some ladies like such men...
And if they too have chances of "forming a home", then be rest assured that those masculine women also can form a home and also conceive....

I like the way you argued your points constructively.

Sport is meant to be interesting and competitive.

My point is why watch something less competitive and interesting? It doesn’t matter if you’re male or female. It ought to be about what is most exciting and interesting.
Re: Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by Boland(m): 9:09am On Apr 20
Namaster:
OP sounds like someone who believes sports begin and end with football.

Have you seen female track and field athletes? Or swimmers? Or gymnastics? Or even Table Tennis?

For instance, Serena Williams is a Tennis PHENOM. And she's happily married to a successful man. Together, they have 2 daughters.

Also the idea that ALL women want to look appealing to a man and forge a home with him is RIDICULOUS. This is not the 1800s.

The top female professional track and field athletes would only slightly surpass the performance of the best male high school track and field athletes and likewise swimmers and gymnasts.

What alternative models can contribute to a prosperous society beyond the traditional nuclear family system formed by a man and a woman?

Truth is constant, man! It doesn’t matter if it’s 300 BC or 2024, truth that works is constant and consistent!
Re: Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by Puss360(f): 10:09am On Apr 20
Boland:

I like the way you argued your points constructively.

Sport is meant to be interesting and competitive.

My point is why watch something less competitive and interesting? It doesn’t matter if you’re male or female. It ought to be about what is most exciting and interesting.
To be interesting is highly subjective!!!!
It all depends on the individual watching!!
And because you the viewer is the consumer of product or in this case, service; there's need for variety to satisfy a wide demand from consumers....
In other words, if it's only men that engage in sports, then they'll be a significant drop in number of viewers....
So thats where females athlete comes in...

Quick Fact:: Do you know that there are children sports,(for children viewers), there are Para-athletics,(for those with disabilities)...
All these to gather more viewers...
Re: Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by Obainoman6: 11:01am On Apr 20
Op you are talking trash,
Re: Female Sport Is Unnecessary. by Boland(m): 3:51pm On Apr 20
Puss360:

To be interesting is highly subjective!!!!
It all depends on the individual watching!!
And because you the viewer is the consumer of product or in this case, service; there's need for variety to satisfy a wide demand from consumers....
In other words, if it's only men that engage in sports, then they'll be a significant drop in number of viewers....
So thats where females athlete comes in...

Quick Fact:: Do you know that there are children sports,(for children viewers), there are Para-athletics,(for those with disabilities)...
All these to gather more viewers...

Very good point.

Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Messi Surpasses Cristiano Ronaldo For Scoring Most Non-penalty Goals In History / Football Over 7.5 Corners And Over 2.5 Goals Predictions With 81% Win Rate / On This Day: Arsene Wenger Announces He’ll Step Down As Arsenal Manager | Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.